You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What does everyone make of the Pietersen juggernaut that seems to be developing? BBC saying six counties looking at signing him, and that he's willing to jib the IPL because incoming ECB chairman Colin Graves has said he will be considered for England if he joins a county team and gets runs. Surely he cannot line up in the same side as Cook, Broad and Anderson after his book and all his comments since? And I'm sure Peter Moores can't wait to see Pietersen in his team again. I can't believe this Graves arsehole has opened the door, surely England just need to move on from Pietersen and start looking to the future?

True, but they've still acquitted themselves far better than England have this tournament.

Yeah, and I'm better at tennis than Stephen Hawking.

It's just the bog standard clueless, negative, shithousery in the field.

You have two choices

- Don't attack, they get the runs in 45 overs, 0% chance of winning.

- Attack, they'll probably get the runs in 40 overs, but you give yourself a tiny chance of winning.

What does everyone make of the Pietersen juggernaut that seems to be developing? BBC saying six counties looking at signing him, and that he's willing to jib the IPL because incoming ECB chairman Colin Graves has said he will be considered for England if he joins a county team and gets runs. Surely he cannot line up in the same side as Cook, Broad and Anderson after his book and all his comments since? And I'm sure Peter Moores can't wait to see Pietersen in his team again. I can't believe this Graves arsehole has opened the door, surely England just need to move on from Pietersen and start looking to the future?

It's mental what Graves has done by opening his gob.

Say Pietersen does join up with Surrey, they've got five games scheduled in the championship before the second Test against NZ, along with a couple T20s. If Pietersen knocks out a couple of hundreds in that time, then we lose the first Test at Lord's with key batsman failing (which, let's be honest, is far from unthinkable), they'll practically have to give him a spot for the second Test. He will have given up nearly a quarter of a million pounds in India to play in England because the ECB chairman basically said "if you score runs, you'll get picked". In that scenario, the new head of English cricket will publicly look like a complete cunt if Pietersen doesn't play at Headingley.

Graves has backed the whole of English cricket into a ridiculous corner. All anyone can do is hope KP doesn't make runs, or that we muller the Windies and then NZ with the whole top and middle order getting scores.

I am an unabashed fan of KP, and I think he has been treated very poorly by the ECB, but the ship has sailed & he needs to leave it alone & stick to the IPL / Big Bash type finale to his career.

The sooner Moores & Downton are both expunged from the England set-up the better.

Good pub debate going on.....

Trying to pick a best XI for Test, ODI & 20:20 from the current century

De Villiers & Kallis seem to be very popular in all forms at present.  Feisty battle between Gilchrist & Sangakara for WK in all forms

Good shout! I'd go: 

SEHWAG

AMLA / TENDULKAR

PONTING ©

DE VILLIERS 

PIETERSEN

KALLIS

SANGAKARRA (+)

POLLOCK

STEYN

MURALITHARAN

MCGRATH

There are a couple of iffy selections there, ie Tendulkar could definitely make a case, but if we are talking about all 3 formats and a balanced side, that is about the best all-round team I could come up with. Sangakarra definitely gets the keeping gig, as his batting numbers even after keeping for so long are simply ridiculous. Incredible bowling line-up that took loads of wickets but conceded fuck all runs. 

South Africa v Sri Lanka

New Zealand v West Indies

Australia v Pakistan

India v Bangladesh

I've bolded who I think will progress to the semi-finals. No great surprises, but then they've done enough to each avoid the other favourites at the first knockout stage. Sri Lanka are probably the best bet to cause an upset in those games listed (and are batting first, always handy if a decent score is made).

Test squad, glad Lyth has finally got a go -

Full England squad: Alastair Cook (capt, Essex), Adam Lyth (Yorkshire), Jonathan Trott (Warwickshire), Gary Ballance, Joe Root (both Yorkshire), Ian Bell (Warwickshire), Ben Stokes (Durham), Jos Buttler (wk, Lancashire), Jonathan Bairstow (wk), Adil Rashid, Liam Plunkett (all Yorkshire), Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire), James Anderson (Lancashire), Chris Jordan (Sussex), Mark Wood (Durham), James Tredwell (Kent)

The Indians are getting it done right now, just 4 wickets away from bowling out every team they've faced so far this World Cup. Very impressive when it looked as though it would be their glaring weakness. Coupled with their strong batting line-up, it is no surprise they've gone this well so far.