You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dalglish expects to have money to spend

Iceman

Meireles was forced out, he did not want to go himself and it had nothing to do with CL football or not.

For some strange reason our manager did not rate him high enough to keep him and thats the end of it really.

If we wanted him to stay he would have stayed, we had other ideas so he went somewhere he was wanted, as sad as it is.

How many threads is that you've said that? We hear you, your probably correct, manager doesn't want player, manager sells player, won't be 1st won't be the last, Merelis was only 2nd choice for Chelsea as they didn't get modric, decent player that's all, he's hardly gona be the difference to any team between winning or not

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Meireles in the team we would easily have had 20+ points this season.

We should all be happy we had him a few games as without him we would be 2 points down and behind "struggling" Arsenal.

Superb player and one who makes a difference.

We should all be happy we had him a few games as without him we would be 2 points down and behind "struggling" Arsenal.

To be honest you can't really say that.. For one he wouldn't have been anything other than an impact player from the bench as you rightly say the manager didn't rate him

And for me if we are going to persist with 442 he couldn't play as one of those two anyway, another who would suit a three man midfield

Woulda he have put one of Suarez 12 chances away for him Saturday, or Suarez and Kuyts miss v united? Or Suarez open goal v Stoke for him?

I tell you what code I'll fuckin guarantee you that in no game Raul Merelis ever played for LFC did we create 29 chances like Saturday or the 22 we created v Stoke , go search

I can see the point to arguments about how we've missed Alonso.

To apply the same currency to Meireles being gone is just daft though. If we were to have used him against Norwich, he would have had to replace Adam or Gerrard, unless we want more round pegs in square holes. Adam played really well and Gerrard is coming back to full fitness.

On another issue, I think it's a cop-out to assume we're just being unlucky with all these missed chances. Our luck won't just change, regardless of what Kenny says. We need a finisher.

And we haven't been this weak in the centre of defence in over a decade. Maybe Agger returning will help things, don't we have a much better win ratio when he plays?

Guest SpiderLucas
I can see the point to arguments about how we've missed Alonso.

To apply the same currency to Meireles being gone is just daft though. If we were to have used him against Norwich, he would have had to replace Adam or Gerrard, unless we want more round pegs in square holes. Adam played really well and Gerrard is coming back to full fitness.

On another issue, I think it's a cop-out to assume we're just being unlucky with all these missed chances. Our luck won't just change, regardless of what Kenny says. We need a finisher.

And we haven't been this weak in the centre of defence in over a decade. Maybe Agger returning will help things, don't we have a much better win ratio when he plays?

Agger and Skrtel need a chance, if their partnership is ever going to flourish then why not start now while the rest of the team is in a transition and gelling period.

Carrgaher is finished.

Agger and Skrtel need a chance, if their partnership is ever going to flourish then why not start now while the rest of the team is in a transition and gelling period.

Carrgaher is finished.

Carra is still a better defender than skrtel will ever be even on the way down in his career

Guest SpiderLucas
Carra is still a better defender than skrtel will ever be even on the way down in his career

Maybe but we wouldn't sit as deep without Carragher in the team.

Maybe but we wouldn't sit as deep without Carragher in the team.

Who knows? Your saying kenny/Steve are deliberately getting us to play deep to accommodate one player? And If they weren't then they couldn't see it was happening and tell him to push the defence higher or he is out of the side? Who knows why it is happening..

Guest SpiderLucas
Who knows? Your saying kenny/Steve are deliberately getting us to play deep to accommodate one player? And If they weren't then they couldn't see it was happening and tell him to push the defence higher or he is out of the side? Who knows why it is happening..

Jamie Carragher is a better defender than Martin Skrtel, so to play Jamie Carragher we have to sit deep. You wouldn’t play Suarez and hoof the ball long all the time would you, just like you can’t play Jamie Carragher and play a high line.

I’d like to see Skrtel and Agger for other reasons but the main reason is I think Agger and Skrtel would be better short/long term than a Carragher and Agger/Skrtel partnership.

Carragher is already finished, this season is a tranitional season, and Carragher doesn’t even have this season in him let alone another. It’s better for the side to ease him out as soon as possible.

Jamie Carragher is a better defender than Martin Skrtel, so to play Jamie Carragher we have to sit deep. You wouldn’t play Suarez and hoof the ball long all the time would you, just like you can’t play Jamie Carragher and play a high line.

I’d like to see Skrtel and Agger for other reasons but the main reason is I think Agger and Skrtel would be better short/long term than a Carragher and Agger/Skrtel partnership.

Carragher is already finished, this season is a tranitional season, and Carragher doesn’t even have this season in him let alone another. It’s better for the side to ease him out as soon as possible.

All I'm saying is if kenny felt it was an issue they would be playing with a higher line right or wrong that's surely the case

How can you say that Carra is a better defender than skrtel but that Carra is finished? What's that say about skrtel?

Personally I don't rate skrtel I'd rather Carra play out the season and bring in a replacement in the close season and have him around as more bit part next year

if you take Carragher out of the defence who is going to organise it? we don't have another defender to guide the rest of them on what to do (and yes they do need telling, even during the match) and when.

Guest SpiderLucas
if you take Carragher out of the defence who is going to organise it? we don't have another defender to guide the rest of them on what to do (and yes they do need telling, even during the match) and when.

This excuse bores me to death, you take out an organiser and you get a new organiser. This isn’t like if you take out the leader the whole defence would just stand scratching their heads.

If Carragher was taken out the side, a new leader would stand up and deliver.

Guest SpiderLucas
All I'm saying is if kenny felt it was an issue they would be playing with a higher line right or wrong that's surely the case

How can you say that Carra is a better defender than skrtel but that Carra is finished? What's that say about skrtel?

Personally I don't rate skrtel I'd rather Carra play out the season and bring in a replacement in the close season and have him around as more bit part next year

I meant to say “IF” I don’t agree that he is for a second but whenever people go against Carragher, Gerrard or Dalglish they’re shot down.

Have to agree with this. We need someone to take some of the creativity burden off Suarez.

Yeah aswell as chip in with goals on a regular basis. This summer i was desperate for us to go after Mata or Cazorla rather than Downing, as i think that type of player had offered width, creativity and goals. Dont get me wrong i think Downing is a good player and happy that we did sign him, a consistant performer, but he has not got 'IT' the likes of Gerrard and Suarez has. if you know what i mean.

And if we are to go after a player this january i certainly hope it's that type of player. A fucking dead cert starter and then let Downing, Bellamy and Kuyt alternate for the other position wide.

As for people damning our business last january and this summer, yeah we certainly overpaid and should have been able to have done better. But we can do fuck all about it now, and it's no use to complain about it, and what's more we are still very much in the race for fourth place, which has to be our target. And i find it baffling if anyone would have expected us to do better despite what we have spent. Fuckin City spent a shitload of cash and so did Chelsea and Utd already were years ahead.

I meant to say “IF” I don’t agree that he is for a second but whenever people go against Carragher, Gerrard or Dalglish they’re shot down.

I've not been around long enough really to say with absolute authority but is that not the way people criticise them rather than the fact they are actually being so?

Guest SpiderLucas
I've not been around long enough really to say with absolute authority but is that not the way people criticise them rather than the fact they are actually being so?

Yeah that makes sense, some people criticise for the sake of it, or will criticise all the negatives without giving a mention to all the positives.

I just don’t rate Carragher anymore, he’s a legend, and that goes without saying – obviously, but I think he’s a spent force. He still does some things really well, but I think the cons outweigh the pros and have done for a few seasons.

Yeah that makes sense, some people criticise for the sake of it, or will criticise all the negatives without giving a mention to all the positives.

I just don’t rate Carragher anymore, he’s a legend, and that goes without saying – obviously, but I think he’s a spent force. He still does some things really well, but I think the cons outweigh the pros and have done for a few seasons.

That's fair enough we are all allowed our own opinions as no one is really right or wrong it's your own view and everyone is entitled to that

"a few seasons "is harsh though

I still think he is the most reliable cb we have in the squad.. I'll admit though that fact does mean we need to seriously look at the position going forward

You're right, it was £50 million, but that was before we sold Meireles and Ngog.

I think these figures look accurate:

Net spend - £32,850,000

Players sold by Kenny Dalglish (2nd term) - LFChistory.net

Im slightly surprised people struggle to see the real costs of a transferred player. A player singing for 20 mill pounds on a five year contracts has an amortization cost of 4 mill pounds pr year in addition to his salary.

What has really happened, due to the insanity of the previous regime, is that we have not spent a dime, we have actually made 100 k simply by restructuring. It doesnt matter whther the cost is salary or amortisation, it is still an operating cost. The fact is that we have increased our commercial revnue every year since 2008, and the costs have remianed the same .even now, after IT APPEARS that we have spent money. By increasing the amortization costs by the same amount we decrease the sakary bill, brings us back to nothing In addition, the recruited players do have a value, altough not bookvalue at the end of their contracts as long as they are renewed, and later sold.

This brings forward the fact that the club has since the FSG takeover, reduced its costs due to the interests costs from G og H, increased the revenue, but not increased the op costs at all. There may be several reasons for this, but we do not actually know whtehter they tend to keep it this way to prepare for some years being skint due to stadium contruction or whether they actuall are planning to incrase the op. costs as a result on recruitments. What seems certain is that we need a few new faces if we we shall secure CL participation next season.

anyway, my point is that the FSG has solely restructured the costs, and not spent a f****** dime on players. Yet at least.

But we have paid off players - so we must have spent a dime.

Haven't we?!

Let me put it this way. all the transfer dealings this summer has been recouped by getting rid of Polsen jova insua etc.

The sums paid off are actually beneficial to the bottom line as they would have been paid in full if they would have stayed.

More details will prbably be provided if we can see the first publshed quarterly report for this season.

But al in all, salaries and transfers, we have recouped 1 million pounds. That is why i am eager to see how the club is going to act next time around. Money must be spent, and without CL, we might need an injection which I am confident the owners are reluctant to.

Only time will tell, but I think it is important that the fans realize that all the owners have done is to implement some sense into the cost structure. A cost structure that a blind retarded frog could have done better.

I cant beleive im seeing comments here ridiculing Kennys Signings!! ''He shouldnt be given more money?" Fuckin get a grip ya braindead bellends. My opinion on his signings...

Doni - As of now looks solid back up with excellent distribution, if you were at Ibrox the other week you would know what i mean!

Coates -Its going to take time with this young lad, getting used to the pase and physical side is his biggest task, but im very confident once he has overcome these two obstacles he will become a strong dominating defender for years to come, the accolades he has won shows his quality and potential, you dont receive them awards if your a bad player!

Enrique - Can you give me a left back who has peformed better than him this season? Because i certainly cant! Bargain price may i add.

Adam - If nobody thinks that this lad has added something to our play this season then use dont understand football, im not saying hes something special.. im just saying he has defo added something to our squad..something we were badly in need of. Also a good price

Henderson - For me he has made a solid start!! This for me i think will proove along with the Enrique deal to be our shrewdest, i think Henderson is such a grounded player with a perfect mentality, his willingless to learn, listen and improve will turn him into a big key player for us in years to come. I have full faith in this lad, but i guess asking for patience from you negative bellends is to much to ask! I suppose use will demand instant world class performances!

Downing - Finally found a player who has given us width and pace, so far has made a good start..not brilliant, but better than average. Ok, the price tag may have been a little high but thats what you pay for english players. It will take time with Downing, he still needs to find his feet a little, but i have every bit of confidence he will become an important player, i think the problem with him is self-belief. There is no doubting his ability. He just needs a goal in my opinion, once that comes, i have belief he will begin to sow his true worth.

Bellamy - Astute signing by Kenny..he has unfinished business, has made a very possitive start when played, has fans on the edge of their seats with his pace and determination, i will like to see him utiles more often in the nxt games, defo thought when he was brought off against Norwich we lost all of our energy.. would go as far as saying he is probaly at the minute our best finsher at the club so should be drafted in alot more in my opinion.

Carrol - The price tag will never be justified, im sure everyone will agree with that. As kenny said on numerous occasions, LFC has signed him for 5 years and not 5 months. I think people seem to forget his age, he is still a kid, i noticed a comparison on here a while back liking him to Christian Vieri, a very worthy point i'd say! I think with the right guidance, he will become a right handful, and an absolute nightmare to handle! But moans and groans from the stands certainly wont help his development!

Suarez - No Explanation needed

To conclude.. I cant stand braindead opinions.. use need to look at the bigger picture and stope the negative arsy comments, its not going to help anyone! Why is it i always hear about the inflated carrol and downing fees but not the bargains of Enrique and Adam!? Fickleness is the worst thing in football, im sure if Carrol finds his Newcastle form there will be some major rim licking going on! Start supporting ya "own players" ya negative twats!!! 13 or so games into the seaspn.. the team is still gettin to know eachother and will continue to get better and better. Just sort it out ay!!!