You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Office (Uk) 10 year anniversary.

Flying Pig

"10 year anniversary"

The unnecessary use of the word "year" is one of my least favourite grammar fuck-ups. (Only "one month anniversary" is more annoying.)

Negged for the grammar.

Shame, because this should be a reppable thread. David Brent nonchalantly discussing Dostoyevsky was brilliant.

David Brent is up there with the best comedy characters ever created. The writing was class - so many quotable lines. I still piss myself when I come across an old episode on Dave or Gold. I know Flying Pig secretly loves Dawn and wishes he was Tim.

Welcome Newbie!

Do you still have my nude picture on your fridge?

Gervais also said that as soon as he told Finchy to "Fuck off" his character was "dead in the water" as his weakness had gone and also with his new girlfriend in the series giving him greater confidence and trying to change him for the better Brent would not be the same guy.

Also, the Christmas editions finished the series brilliantly especially with the Tim and Dawn romance.

Everyone goes on about the Tim & Dawn thing as the defining moment of that last episode, but telling Finchy to fuck off was the bit that made me punch the air and go "YISSS!!!"

When Gareth was being critised as quizmaster due to the fact that all the previous questions were about the army, he replies:

"I've got one about about the Suez Canal too...."

"Question three: what connects the Mediterranean Sea to the Red Sea....?"

• 1 month later...

“Her dad’s not only a copper, but he’s a bloody big bugger isn’t he? So hands off.”

“I’ve got something she could take down in evidence!”

“Oh, don’t worry about this lot.”

“Do you wanna receive some swollen goods?”

“I wouldn’t mind escaping up her tunnel!”

“Get out. Get out, I mean it.”

"I will not have her tunnel bandied around the office... willy... nilly..."

• 2 years later...

Well it was yesterday, but for me the greatest comedy ever. It doesn't seems like a decade ago since it started. So many great quotes that are still alive today.

And before anyone says its not as good as the american one may I say that apart from the name they are completely different. The subtleness of the original is lost with the yank version. I do like the US version but IMO its not a patch on Wernham Hogg.

Part of me wanted a third series but its best to want more than wish they never bothered.

Negged for use of "Ten year anniversary" instead of the correct "Tenth anniversary".

Never really watched it but it was pretty groundbreaking. Who was the real brains behind it, was it Merchant? Gervais has always come across as distinctly unfunny.

He's not in this, he is superb and makes the show.