You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just so you know, Peerblock offers almost no protection against people tracking your torrent usage.

I would imagine, theoretically, that someone would have to be a very prolific downloader of torrents to make it worth prosecution. There also has to be a warning first in the UK. Not that I would ever advocate such a thing.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine, theoretically, that someone would have to be a very prolific downloader of torrents to make it worth prosecution. There also has to be a warning first in the UK. Not that I would ever advocate such a thing.

Yep, that's why the content providers are focusing on trying to force the ISPs to take responsibility for policing network traffic.

Although over here a few small companies have been trying to make a business out of scare letters and fines that are split with the content provider.

If someone was naughty enough to download a book and it came in PDF format. How would one get it onto the kindle? Should it be converted first or dragged and dropped a is?

You can do it either way mate, but I would try to convert it unless it's picture heavy. Drop me a PM if you need help.

I want a kindle but don't know if I need a kindle. I only read novels/autobiographies when on holiday but if I get one it may prompt me to read more.

I certainly read a lot more since I got mine. Not quite sure why!

• 1 month later...
Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'm very tempted, but might wait for the Amazon Kindle Fire. Some are saying it's going to be between £100 and £125. That would make paying £89 for the Kindle a bit mental.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I thought the same, but then read some articles on the web saying it'll be around the low hundreds. That makes it a viable e-reader with other bits attached.

Installed Calibre yesterday. Y'know, just to see what it can do, not to do anything untowards the literature industry.

Same here mate.

I treat them like a demo as in if i like the first chapter or so i will then buy it.

On a few occasions though i have had to read the whole book before making my mind up whether or not i would like it.

The kindle is good purely because the screen not being backlit. The e ink is what makes it brilliant, it can be read in the sunshiiiiiine.

I did download a book illegally half way through the kindle stopped me reading it saying it wasn't on amazon.

The kindle was all about the screen and battery life. Both of which have been sacrificed for the sake of colour in the fire.

I use iBook on my iPhone 4s and it's really good.

I bought my missus a kindle for Christmas, is there a way of getting free books?

I do the same with my ipod touch.

I've got a couple of files with hundreds of kindle books ready to go on an e reader,kindle or iphone so I guess the answer is yes.

I've heard of things called torrents that some people use to download the books,not me of course.

Guest ShoePiss
I use iBook on my iPhone 4s and it's really good.

I bought my missus a kindle for Christmas, is there a way of getting free books?

Yes, just download them as you would anything else then connect your kindle and drag and drop the files over, couldn't be simpler.

If they're not in *.mobi format (kindle) then use calibre to convert them.

• 5 months later...