You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New phone recommendations

Remmie

I am too lazy to read reviews on new phones so just tell me what to get please. I got a HTC Hero at the end of the contract life and have decided to buy a phone outright and go on a giffgaff tariff for my minutes and shit. iPhones are too expensive, so I am looking at something like a Sony Xperia Arc or HTC Desire S. Also want to get a cheap camera for festivals so I will either go higher end phone with Camera like the Arc or maybe lower end Wildfire S level and a Camera on it's own.

Go.

Get yourself a Galaxy S2, I just bought one and they are second to none. They shit all over the Iphone 4 and have an 8Mp camera to boot, the cam will also record in 720p HD.

Expect to pay £490 for the handset or £29-40 on a contract dependant on your minutes and text requirements.

The gingerbread Android OS is by far the best so far, countless free apps to keep you going.

The S2 is easily the most responsive smart phone on the market atm, more than worth either buying or contracting.

I trying to decide between a these deals on 3

I phone 4 16g

£35a month

£29 upfront cost for phone

500 any network minutes

5000 texts

1GB Internet

£35 a month

The One Plan

£69 upfront cost

2000 any network minutes

5000 texts

5000 Three-to-Three minutes

All-you-can-eat Data

HTC desire HD

The One Plan

24 months £27

Plus £69 upfront cost.

Includes:

•2,000 minutes

•5,000 texts

•5,000 Three-to-Three minutes

•All-you-can-eat Data

Guest davelfc
I trying to decide between a these deals on 3

I phone 4 16g

£35a month

£29 upfront cost for phone

500 any network minutes

5000 texts

1GB Internet

£35 a month

The One Plan

£69 upfront cost

2000 any network minutes

5000 texts

5000 Three-to-Three minutes

All-you-can-eat Data

HTC desire HD

The One Plan

24 months £27

Plus £69 upfront cost.

Includes:

•2,000 minutes

•5,000 texts

•5,000 Three-to-Three minutes

•All-you-can-eat Data

Go through Quidco (you have to register) for £109 cashback on the middle deal above. (iphone 4)

Go to quidco.com, register and select the Three link.

or

screenshot20110607at201.png

Three Cashback, Voucher Codes & Discount Codes | Quidco

Guest davelfc

You cannot guarantee you'll get the cash from quidco but if he wasn't going to use them anyway then he has nothing to lose by actually using them.

I've had cash back from three a few times and then once it was refused as I was not a first time customer. It's a little hit and miss.

My total cash back from them is over £500 though so they aren't that bad.

Hate this phone! Many issues! - Samsung Galaxy S Forums - Galaxy S II Forum

Appears to be a crock of shit according to this site. You must have the good one.

That's what happens when Android nOObs buy them, trust me its by far the best phone on the market bar non. I mean he does not even know that Kies is the Samsung software for PC connection.

As for his whining about the "hub" he clearly has no clue on how to use the OS or the phone. Don't be put off by an idiot ;)

Been looking at the Galaxy II, I hear it is rather on the fucking massive side of things, can you confirm this by comparing it's size to an arbitrary object?

Sure its slightly bigger than a 20 pack of L+B superkings, bear in mind though, it is about 2-3mm thinner than an Iphone4, it measures 125mm x 65mm and is about 8mm thick. It is very light for its size and you hardly notice it in your trouser pockets at work.

Comparison 2:

1 and a half credit cards long and just less than a credit card and a sim card wide :)

This looks like the deal for me, hard to find 12 mionth contracts anymore:

Dial-A-Phone

you can get it on a 24monther from Carphone warehouse, 0 deposit 600 mins unlimited texts 500mb data for 25 quid on an O2 network.

Bear in mind, on a 24 monther, your phone can develop an "intermittent" fault after 12 months and you can have it replaced free ;) = 2 brand new s2's :)

you can get it on a 24monther from Carphone warehouse, 0 deposit 600 mins unlimited texts 500mb data for 25 quid on an O2 network.

Bear in mind, on a 24 monther, your phone can develop an "intermittent" fault after 12 months and you can have it replaced free ;) = 2 brand new s2's :)

Cheers but no thanks on 24 month contracts, I was compromising as it is getting a contract instead of outright, shit sounds sneaky but can't be arsed with it, do you not have to send them back?

Cheers for the credit card comparison, pretty sold on this, going to take the cunting plunge

Cheers but no thanks on 24 month contracts, I was compromising as it is getting a contract instead of outright, shit sounds sneaky but can't be arsed with it, do you not have to send them back?

Cheers for the credit card comparison, pretty sold on this, going to take the cunting plunge

Yeah you have to send the "faulty" one back, but atleast you get a brand new phone for the last 12 months of your contract :)

You won't regret getting one, tbh it makes the HTC desire etc look kind of basic.

I bought it off dialaphone who seem far cheaper than the rest but already appear to have utterly horrendous customer service - got conflicting messages about order cancellation and imminent dispatch. But fuck it if I get the bargain...

I bought it off dialaphone who seem far cheaper than the rest but already appear to have utterly horrendous customer service - got conflicting messages about order cancellation and imminent dispatch. But fuck it if I get the bargain...

LOL, I just don't bother with tinpot companies for that reason. I'd rather pay the extra to ensure things run smooth. Hope you eventually receive your phone, it'll be worth the wait.