You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

David de Gea signed for the Mancs

lebron

I thought only the domestic window was open, so how can they sign him pre-1st July?

Its a pre-agreed contract, just means it doesn't become official until 1st July, but for all intends & purposes it was a done deal as far back as march.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Let's just say that Ferguson's record of signing goalies isn't brilliant and just hope for the best/worst/either will do depending on your point of view.

I reckon he's going to be a flop. I read somewhere that he conceded something like 37 that were from outside the box. That's a pretty big flaw in someone's game if you ask me. Don't think he has looked all that great the 9 or 10 times I've seen him play.

They'll probably wait until we've signed someone else to announce this, so they can push our signing further down the news pages while they all have a big collective wank over Manchester Uniteds latest super duper signing, tipped to be the best ever, etc.

Very good prospect, not that good at the moment, made quite a few mistakes last season.

Most keepers make a few mistakes a year - I don't think he made any more than your average keeper does. He's only going to get better at 24 too.

I still remember pinocchio aka Van Der Sar elbowing our players out of the way, desperately appealing for a non existent offside after we scored our first in that glorious 3-1 battering we gave them. I'm sure it won't be long before this DeGay cnunt is doing similar things. Just seems to be the way of things over there. Any player who plays for them develops a disgusting attitude. It won't be long before Young starts acting like a total w*nker as well. I just can't help but despise them. Ok rant over.

Most keepers make a few mistakes a year - I don't think he made any more than your average keeper does. He's only going to get better at 24 too.

It's the mistakes he done last season that I was questioning, they could have easily been prevented had he been more vocal/organised.

Still think he'll come good, but he's nowhere near Cech/Reina's level and I don't think he'll ever be.

He's not 21 until November, very young for a keeper. I think he's a gamble, there isn't much of him and it remains to be seen how he'll get on in the rough and tumble of the PL. Obviously their tame refs will make sure he's the most protected keeper in history but, if he makes a few mistakes, the press will be all over him.

The consensus seems to be that the Mancs will be significantly stronger next season, I'm not so sure. On top of bedding in a very inexperienced keeper, Berbatov looks like he's going so they'll have to replace the 20 goals he scored in the PL last season. They're not favourites for Modric, Sneijder or Sanchez either and I can't see Wenger selling them Nasri if he won't sell us Clichy.

He'll be worse than Schmeichel and no better than Van Der Sar (at best), so I see nothing at all to worry about. In fact, they've spent a fair amount to make their team no better, so - again - I see nothing at all to worry about...

Yes, they only won the title easily and reached another CL final.

Nothing to worry about.