You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His time at Charlton and his small amount of chances here?

He hit a brilliant cross field pass against Wolves at Molineux. He's probably doing the same in training. Hence the reason why Kenny likes him, it's fairly obvious if Kenny doesn't think you're good enough you don't get a look in when better players are available, see Jovanovic, Poulsen and Konchesky for examples.

He obviously rates Shelvey as a better option than Ngog himself and Cole.

Wilshere is 19 - and look at him - he's a top youngster, don't think Shelvey is at his level.

Not seen much from Shelvey so far, but must be good in training. My biggest worry is how slow he is, he's Kuyt slow.

He's not at the same level as Wilshere, but there hasn't been any english teenagers at that level for the past 7-8 years.

I thought Shelvey was excellent going forwards against Birmingham, and he proved he has good skill as well as an excellent eye for a pass. He'll become a top class player.

Wilshere is 19 - and look at him - he's a top youngster, don't think Shelvey is at his level.

Not seen much from Shelvey so far, but must be good in training. My biggest worry is how slow he is, he's Kuyt slow.

Wilshire is the sort of player i'd put in the same bracket as Rooney, and Owen. In that He was incredible for the youth teams and it was obvious he was always going to make that step up to the first team.

Shelvey is someone i'd put in the Carragher, Stephen Warnock bracket. Its obvious he's got potential, but whether he can step up enough, to get to that level that is good enough for us, I'm unsure. But he will need a few years, and maybe a loan spell somewhere.

Wilshire is the sort of player i'd put in the same bracket as Rooney, and Owen. In that He was incredible for the youth teams and it was obvious he was always going to make that step up to the first team.

Shelvey is someone i'd put in the Carragher, Stephen Warnock bracket. Its obvious he's got potential, but whether he can step up enough, to get to that level that is good enough for us, I'm unsure. But he will need a few years, and maybe a loan spell somewhere.

I dont know, something's missing from this post. It's not extreme enough. Needs more 'tard.

In my fucking view, the lad is no Messi and i have strong fears about something or other. We need change, and fast.

It's all blag. Everything is a twat.

He looks good but still has alot too learn but thats expected given his limited number of games,depending on who we get in summer a year in the chapionship or at a mid level club in the premier league would do him the world of good,a club like Bolton/Norwich etc

I think he will be a good player and nothing more. I get the impression that he thinks he is better than he is at times. Remember the ridiculous free-kick at Old Trafford in the FA Cup game? Le Tallec was also cut from the same cloth.

Like David Bentley and Chris Eagles too.. *shudders*