You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

I don't get how anyone thinks the new stadium makes teams rich. They've added what 15,000 seats to the stadium. It's not like they'll attract masses of corporate buyers or boxes. So even with say 22 home games at £60 a pop it's under 20ml a year. 30 years to just make its money back before you count interest payments,extra running costs etc. 

The seats for regular fans are nothing. But corporate is massive. I don't know what market they have for hospitality but it seems unlikely they'll have the market we had. We struggled selling ours and the slack was taken up with fans at £300-500 per game on glorified touting with a a free pint and meal. We have endless fans waiting for that, which is what tipped the business case for the road end. 

2 hours ago, Red74 said:

They’re saying that they’ve nearly sold all the corporates out.

£7,500 per season and locked in for 3 years.

Cant see that at all. Our ours that expensive?

Before we opened the mainstand the price was to be £8k per seat per season, which was quite an uplift compared say the boxes in the Kenny stand (at the time about £65k per season for 10). I think though people who have stuck with them are not paying those numbers right now. I certainly know someone who has a 4 table at about £25k. I'm sure I read Everton's BMD hospitality is about the size of LFCs mainstand. It's hard to believe they could fill it..and if they go down? No chance at those prices. And I don't believe for 1 second they've already sold them out. Unless uncle Uzzy made a promise he can't keep. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Beno said:

Mind boggling. Someone gonna buy a stadium for 750ish million, without a cast iron tenancy agreement in place first, or they simply rock up to Anfield to play their matches. 

They couldn't play at anfield, as that would need approval from the council. Lfc can only host something like 10 events per year outside LFC matches. 

19 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

They couldn't play at anfield, as that would need approval from the council. Lfc can only host something like 10 events per year outside LFC matches. 

Don’t think the Council would be the biggest obstacle to this, more likely us telling them to shove it where the sun don’t shine. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Ha ha ha. No.

so if the stadium is sold, stay at goodison and leave the landlord with no tennant, simples

It is one possibility. If they threaten the club with rent rises then as long as we have Goodison standing we have a choice. We could even groundshare with them lot and that gives us some bargaining power. 

That says it does depend on the contract to how well we are roped into said agreement but I'd hope there would be protective clauses in there from our end too.

laugh-smile.gif

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, No2 said:

The ownership of the club is not the club. We weren't Hicks and Gillett anymore than we are FSG. They're just the cunts who's money made it their turn. I'd be all for natural relegation for them but they're heading for way worse than that, this will Portsmouth on Steroids. Loads losing their jobs, a Valencia stadium rotting away for 50 years, its sad.

Not sure it’s as bad as that just yet.

IMG_0861.jpeg

4 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

I just remember when Hicks and Gillett were running us into the ground. Got absolutely no sympathy from them and they were all rubbing their hands with the possibility of us going bust and them "taking back" Anfield to use as a car park. 

Then all the endless bragging about how rich they were when Moshiri bought them and heads falling off about the new stadium, building 3 stadiums in the city etc. They all knew that the money was coming from Usmanov but weren't interested because they could spend money on what they thought were decent players. Now they are the true victims of the war in Ukraine. 

Loads of them took an over active interest in our finances saying we were skint etc. Going on about non existent furloughed staff whilst they got £18m off the Covid business loan scheme (which presumably they arent going to repay) and getting money off the council for the clock tower in the dock and their training ground. "Your council tax is paying for our stadium". Thank fuck the council never loaned them any money when they were sniffing round it on the basis that the interest would generate money for the city.

All they’re bragging and laughing at any of our misfortune looks like it is going to bite them on the arse. 

Remember diamond joe tried to soften the blow to the risk the city’s finances would be taking by saying Everton would be taking out an insurance policy that would cover the full costs of the repayments should they go into default. 

I had a feeling that policy wouldn’t have been in force for long before a claim went in.

7 hours ago, Megadrive Man said:

Always worth remembering that Reading, Wigan, Birmingham, Wednesday and Derby are all former Premier League clubs. The fall can be brutal or or can be gradual, but neither guarantees that a team will return. 

15 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:
Doubt it mate. Consider our luck over the years, eg - leading the First Division when 2 world wars broke out, seasons were cancelled. Champions in ‘85 then the ban.Finally get multi billionaire backer (Usmanov) then the Govt freeze his assets - oh,let’s not forget BK’s good times

Day follows night

16 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:
Doubt it mate. Consider our luck over the years, eg - leading the First Division when 2 world wars broke out, seasons were cancelled. Champions in ‘85 then the ban.Finally get multi billionaire backer (Usmanov) then the Govt freeze his assets - oh,let’s not forget BK’s good times

Everton the real victims of 3 wars. 

• Upvote 1