You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ever carried a knife/still carry a knife outside?

Mandrill

Yes or no  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no

• Only a few times in the past, not anymore
    • Yes and i still carry a knife outside
    • Never have, never will.
    • I use my cock as a knife.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Knives are for show....guns are for pro's"

And a bonus for anyone who can name what that line is off as i'm fooked if i can remember!

Its lock stock and you've got it the wrong way round.

I really never saw the point... you get jumped by someone / many who you know you cant fight off, so you pull your knife. from here it seems like you've backed into a corner, only 2 things can happen, they run off (prob same as if you'd just put up a fight) or they dont and you then have to stab someone or fight with them knowing you've just given the thumbs up to someone getting stabbed. Id rather just give or take a pasting.

No but I took a bazooka into infant school.

bazooka1.jpg

My Dad was an armourer in the RAAF.There was an inspection due of No.1 Squadron's Lincoln bombers by a senior officer,pretty much like a parade. For some long-forgotten reason they were short 1X Browning .303 machine gun normally mounted in a turret.It looked just like this one...

jjEwHM.jpg

So the very inventive armourers made a replica,using some discarded parts and a block of wood for the main body of the gun. The inspection went off without the senior officer noticing the replica.When they had no use for it,dad brought it home for me and my brother.

Dad made a tripod for it and it even had a belt of (de-activated ammo).I put a sling on it and took it to school a couple of times for "show and tell".I was about 9 years old at the time.

Nobody raised an eyebrow,except for the other kids at school. I was king of the kids! (for a little while anyway).

If I tried it now I'd probably get myself shot by the police or at the very least,arrested.

• 7 months later...
some great comments on the reviews.

Indeed

On the whole, this is an excellent tool and has helped on many routine tasks around the house, including eavesdropping on GCHQ, performing a minor appendectomy on the dog, and serving as a temporary RSJ when a simple DIY project to remove what I thought was a non-structural wall went awry. It also paid for itself very quickly after I heated it up and inserted it briskly into the rear end of the 100:1 outsider for the 3:15 at Epsom. This was much more successful than my first attempt on the 2:30 when I had neglected to fold away the spiky bits first.

My only criticism is that the battery life is a little disappointing, which means that the night-vision feature only lasts a few hours. This caused no end of trouble the other evening when I was over the Alps in the built-in microlight waiting for permission to land at Geneva. Luckily the hand-cranked generator tool was sufficient to illuminate the (rather basic!) flight instrumentation, and permitted a largely successful landing using the (optional extra) ILS feature.

Overall, it is an excellent all-purpose tool. It is quite heavy and the anti-gravity device is a little temperamental, so it is always worth arming the auto-inflation safety feature if you are in the vicinity of deep water. I would have given it 5* but couldn't find the tool for removing boy scouts from horses' hooves. Incidentally you can quickly recoup the purchase price by using the time-travel feature to enhance your investment decisions.

Not a proud thing but I carried a 9mm when I was into the drugs around age 16-18

What use is a 9mm knife when you're into the drugs? If you're going to be into the drugs you better be packing bigger than that, fool.

49debb8f5d608.jpg

I said I was not proud but it was essential to complete my primary objectives at the time' date=' my nemesis the T-1000 was able to change into a host of knifes and stabbing weapons, he is probably a lot more qualified than me to comment on this subject, I will try to get him to post.[/b']

Fair enough.