You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joso

your lack of knowledge is embarrassing,your like that middle aged guy who thinks hes "down" because he thinks he knows everything about rap,when in fact he knows fuck all.:D

i talk to a guy like you,who has his own version of every event(like what youve just said above),that i just dont have the heart to correct so i go along with what hes saying.:(

Yeah thats you alright, only you have a poor taste in music and think 50 cent is great. It appears to graduated from listening to Bob the builder to 'hip hop' and not made the intermediate connections needed to get a grasp on what you are talking about. I'm probably younger than you in real years but I can't claim the same in mental years.

How's the website going, has it had editors from 'Vibe magazine' calling you to do promo work for themor are you still stuck on 5 visitors?

And liquid swords along is right, I can list many other, 36 chambers and cuban links, Eminem will never reach anywhere near that.

Edited by dennis tooth

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no denying he's got some good mic skills, but they're not in propertion to his fame, or record sales.

That said, he's a far better rapper than divs like Kanye West or 50 Cent. Basically, every top-selling hiphop artist is, as a rule of thumb, fucking shit.

I hate Snoop, Jay-Z, Kanye, Lil Wayne, any female rapper, any rapper who dabbles in r&b, Dr Dre, 50 Cent, Black Eyed Peas, Tupac, Puff Daddy, that fat dead cunt. I could go on.

All rubbish.

Contribute some to the GF Hip Hop thread, man. Always looking to get onto more Hip Hop (the funky variety which has one foot in the old school). The music world is littered with one-album-wonders that most people may never hear, unless they stumble across them or are recommended, so get recommending.

By the way, I agree wholeheartedly with your above summary of 'popular' Rap/Hip Hop; I've no idea how all the shite sells and all the beautiful gems remain relatively unheard.

I must admit to liking The Chronic and Doggystyle when they came out (I think I was about sixteen/seventeen) but, yes, Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg are now shite.

I've recently seen the light re: lady MCs (courtesy of the other thread and a bit more digging) so don't agree there.

Also, old Black Eyed Peas, pre that bird, have sounded alright on the occasions I've heard them in the background round a mate's.

Other than that though, I wholeheartedly agree.

Here's some recommended listening, by way of education:

Gunshot, PE, Jeru The Damaja, KMD, MF Doom, The GZA, Black Sheep, Pharoe Monch, Company Flow,Ice Cube (The Predator), Quannum, Mos Def, Gangstarr (anything produced by DJ Premier), UMCs, Raekwon, Rakim, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien, The Goats,

A producer at interscope advised Dre to sign Eminem, after hearing him at a battle if I remember right. Plus Dre was on one track again if I remember right, hardly like he had him on every song getting famous off his name, Eminem made it big because he was the first credible MC who was White, not that there wernt any before, just right place right time after the growing hip hop/rap impact on white suburbia in U.S. trickled through

he also worked his butt off getting his music out,going as far as drawing his own flyers.

he paid his dues,anyone who says other wise hasnt got a clue.

Liquid Swords is 10,000 miles ahead of anything Eminem will ever write, and he's never put out a single track as good as Triumph and he never will.

thats just wrong,ok you prefer wu tang but your opinion of how good the wu are and how bad em is is verging on ridiculous.

thats just wrong,ok you prefer wu tang but your opinion of how good the wu are and how bad em is is verging on ridiculous.

[YOUTUBE]000HFOQAToc[/YOUTUBE]

Wrong again. The first verse is, quite possibly, the greatest verse in the history of hip hop.

Yeah thats you alright, only you have a poor taste in music and think 50 cent is great. It appears to graduated from listening to Bob the builder to 'hip hop' and not made the intermediate connections needed to get a grasp on what you are talking about. I'm probably younger than you in real years but I can't claim the same in mental years.

How's the website going, has it had editors from 'Vibe magazine' calling you to do promo work for themor are you still stuck on 5 visitors?

And liquid swords along is right, I can list many other, 36 chambers and cuban links, Eminem will never reach anywhere near that.

lol your priceless.

thing is though,you dont even know the basics to carry on a discussion with.

ffs eminems story was put to film and you still havnt got a clue.

A producer at interscope advised Dre to sign Eminem, after hearing him at a battle if I remember right. Plus Dre was on one track again if I remember right, hardly like he had him on every song getting famous off his name, Eminem made it big because he was the first credible MC who was White, not that there wernt any before, just right place right time after the growing hip hop/rap impact on white suburbia in U.S. trickled through

Not much point arguing as Eminem said it himself as good as he was, no one would take him serious and back him for years cos he was white, until Dre which opened up unlimited doors of opportunity, he always worked hard and he got his chance and took it. I would say it was easier for him to get where he was from where he was than just another bunch of niggas from the hood selling tapes out of the back of a car trying to make it big in rap but you can disagree if you want. Wu tang didn't get a lucky break moment they just broke through because they were good enough.

Not saying eminem wasn't but he was around the underground for a while but he said it was Dre who made him a star, without him where would be be?

Even more so 50 cent.

I'm not talking about directly being on his tracks or producing his beats or writing his lyrics for him, I mean in terms of exposure if Dre says he's good and gets him concerts or the label to do an album and promote it half your job is done. Insane clown posse or Beastie boys got there a long time before eminem by the way. Not trying to diss his ability but not many were buying his records before Dre came along and told everyone to which made him acceptable to many when he wasn't before plus the exposure. Timing of course was important as you say he came through at the right time.

lol your priceless.

thing is though,you dont even know the basics to carry on a discussion with.

ffs eminems story was put to film and you still havnt got a clue.

You're an idiot, it's a film, a film they wanted to sell, they didn't film his life you total retard. Its called an adaptation and is made to be a film not a biography in any ay, I bet you watched 50 cents film and beleived all that as well? How about Biggies film, THESE ARE NOT REAL AND MOSTLY FICTION.

You are the hip hop mypost, the roy hodgson of rap, none of these other people agree with you because you haven't the remotest clue, go back to bob the builder, Fucking fisher price myfirst hiphop album.

Bet you wear G unit trainees as well. Got the clothes line? Wear it at the cinema to watch the fiddy cent film, sorted.

You're an idiot, it's a film, a film they wanted to sell, they didn't film his life you total retard. Its called an adaptation and is made to be a film not a biography in any ay, I bet you watched 50 cents film and beleived all that as well? How about Biggies film, THESE ARE NOT REAL AND MOSTLY FICTION.

You are the hip hop mypost, the roy hodgson of rap, none of these other people agree with you because you haven't the remotest clue, go back to bob the builder, Fucking fisher price myfirst hiphop album.

Bet you wear G unit trainees as well. Got the clothes line? Wear it at the cinema to watch the fiddy cent film, sorted.

if theres a bigger moron than you on this site id be shocked lol,the insults dont hide your total lack of knowledge btw.

in any how ems film was based on facts,as was 50s,and as was biggies.

go start an emo thread.

Not much point arguing as Eminem said it himself as good as he was, no one would take him serious and back him for years cos he was white, until Dre which opened up unlimited doors of opportunity, he always worked hard and he got his chance and took it. I would say it was easier for him to get where he was from where he was than just another bunch of niggas from the hood selling tapes out of the back of a car trying to make it big in rap but you can disagree if you want. Wu tang didn't get a lucky break moment they just broke through because they were good enough.

Not saying eminem wasn't but he was around the underground for a while but he said it was Dre who made him a star, without him where would be be?

Even more so 50 cent.

I'm not talking about directly being on his tracks or producing his beats or writing his lyrics for him, I mean in terms of exposure if Dre says he's good and gets him concerts or the label to do an album and promote it half your job is done. Insane clown posse or Beastie boys got there a long time before eminem by the way. Not trying to diss his ability but not many were buying his records before Dre came along and told everyone to which made him acceptable to many when he wasn't before plus the exposure. Timing of course was important as you say he came through at the right time.

ye but you said em sent dre his tape ye retard,he didnt,thats what durden is disputing.

no one would take em serious for years until dre signed him,millions of acts have been over looked and not taking serious down through the years,and then got on.

em is not alone in getting a boost from an influential figure ye retard.

btw wu tang making their name selling mixtapes out of the back of their car,fuck outta here,wu tang aint known for that.