You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Sammy Lee at DW. Watching Baines or N'Zogbia, I suppose? Or perhaps McCarthy? Cahill?

Comolli, Lee, Hodgson and Dalglish seemed to have watched a lot of games between them at the DW stadium this season, so it was probably Charles N'Zogbia or James McCarthy that were being looked at. Maynor Figueroa is another player who has been mentioned as a target in the past, but he has never impressed me whenever I have seen him play.

I seem to recall Damien Comolli previously mentioning that a player that he had put forward as a potential signing had been rejected by Hodgson when they were discussing targets before Christmas. I wonder if that player was N'Zogbia and he is now being considered again now that Hodgson is gone?

hodgson's transfer buys truly are a disaster, ok so the guy may be half-decent at mastering the stifling 10 man defense, thus helping relegation-threatened sides to organise themselves a bit so they crawl boringly towards mid-table safety....and that's what he has built his whole career on but by god his buys were truly horrific, he had one window here and he bought jones, poulsen, konchesky, jovanovic (ok rafa can take the blame for that one too), cole and meireles and really wanted carlton cole and paul scharner, of that lot, meireles has done ok and the rest have been utter failures, even the kids he spent money on like wilson and shelvey have looked inferior to what we already had at our disposal in the academy, most managers have a fair amount of hits and a few misses, whereas hodsgon seems to have miss, miss and more misses in the transfer market...i shudder to think who we would be lining up now if he was still in charge, jesus i've never known a guy to do so much damage to a club in such a short space of time yet the worst that gets said about him is he was a bad fit for the club, wrong he was a complete and unmitigated disaster

Comolli, Lee, Hodgson and Dalglish seemed to have watched a lot of games between them at the DW stadium this season, so it was probably Charles N'Zogbia or James McCarthy that were being looked at. Maynor Figueroa is another player who has been mentioned as a target in the past, but he has never impressed me whenever I have seen him play.

I seem to recall Damien Comolli previously mentioning that a player that he had put forward as a potential signing had been rejected by Hodgson when they were discussing targets before Christmas. I wonder if that player was N'Zogbia and he is now being considered again now that Hodgson is gone?

My gut feeling is that McCarthy may have jumped ahead of Adam as a potential target. Wouldn't be surprised if we were running the rule over N'Zogibia as well though.

Arsenal and Liverpool could be priced out of a bid for Paris Saint-Germain centre back Mamadou Sakho after a £20m price tag was put on his head.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has long monitored the France defender while Liverpool’s Damien Comolli is also a big admirer.

If Wenger fails to land the 21-year-old, he may turn to Montpellier’s Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa or Emir Spahic.

Read more: Mamadou Sakho will cost Arsenal and Liverpool £20m | Mail Online

Juventus general manager Giuseppe Marotta on Aquilan £16million buy-out clause “There is a buy-out clause that has to be activated by May 15.

“We’ll try to reach an agreement before the deadline.

"I can certainly say we will not sign Aquilani for the sum set by Liverpool.”

Juventus general manager Giuseppe Marotta on Aquilan £16million buy-out clause “There is a buy-out clause that has to be activated by May 15.

They can fuck off then.

why did you agree on the clause when you were getting the loan deal for no fee then you corrupt fucking prick? "yes, christian we agree to sign him for that fee at the end of the season if we decide to buy, oh and no loan fee for your 20 million pound midfielder, oh and we have this midfield superstar who shares your wonderful name and you can have him for 5 million ok"

juve mugged us three times

1. no loan fee for aa

2. getting 5 million out of us for poulsen

3. now trying to renegotiate a fee they agreed to pay for a player who has played almost every game for them

no wonder they say they have a wonderful relationship with us, they arserape us time and time and time again, honestly these fcukers are taking the piss....well let's play them at their own game

if they keep on with this bullshit about reducing the aquilani fee they already agreed to pay then let's leak it to the papers every second day that

- that we are willing to develop our find sporting relationship by swapping brad jones for buffon

- that we are willing to loan krasic from them for a year, no loan fee but if he does well we'll give them 15 million at the end of the season, then when the end of the season comes offer them 1.5 million plus degen saying that you hope the new offer will be appreciated as a sign of the great sporting relationship between the clubs

or alternatively just tell them to fuck right off and never deal with the chancers again

There trying to negotiate a better price. We do, they do it. Everyone does it.

Well in fairness thats true but I think its just the fact that they've already taken the piss out of us twice.

Obviously it wasn't there fault Purslow thought it was ok to give them Aquilani for free for a year and Roy thought Poulsen was still a decent player worth 5 million.

But doesn't change the fact that they've made us look like complete twats twice already. I think thats why people are getting so defensive over it. Basically they won't take the piss out of us 3 times.

We'll have Krasic off you then ta.