You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Oh yeah because we've not been creative at all, have we?

Suarez is rightfully struggling to get a start, why should Cole get one?

i think we have been more effective than we have been creative to be honest. We have played some good games, but there is still room for improvement, and beside that i don't think it will hurt to give some action to both Suarez and Cole. Actually i think this would be one of the matches i would prefer to see them in.

I think they could do a lot of damage on the wings against Wigan, thats all.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Cole has done nothing to really prove he needs a start. He better bust his ass in training.

What can i say.. I just have faith in the guy. Always admired his skills on the ball. Really good playmaker, and i think Kenny can get the best out of him.

zWhy? Who loses out for Cole to come in? No one bar Maxi really deserves to go on the bench. Suarez can come in for Maxi but that's about it. And I like Cole and want him to do well here. I just don't think we can afford to change too much at the minute.

It's impossible to name a formation as no one really plays in a set place bar the defence and Lucas.

I'd go with this for Wigan:

Reina, Kelly, Wilson, Carragher, Agger, Johnson, Lucas, Gerrard, Meireles, Suarez, Kuyt.

3-5-2

zWhy? Who loses out for Cole to come in? No one bar Maxi really deserves to go on the bench. Suarez can come in for Maxi but that's about it. And I like Cole and want him to do well here. I just don't think we can afford to change too much at the minute.

It's impossible to name a formation as no one really plays in a set place bar the defence and Lucas.

I'd go with this for Wigan:

Reina, Kelly, Wilson, Carragher, Agger, Johnson, Lucas, Gerrard, Meireles, Suarez, Kuyt.

3-5-2

Well as i also said, i think Kenny will play with the same 11 except for Maxi against Wigan. But i hope he will go back to 4-3-3 at least for this game, as i think we will get maximum out of Suarez and Cole as wingers. But won't be bad with both Kuyt and Suarez on top.

The reason why i would like Suarez and Cole in for this game, is that i think we will need alot of creativity to open their defence, and thats why i would replace Skrtel and Maxi with Suarez and Cole, and change to 4-3-3.

Actually, its nice with luxury problems for once.

Isn't Cole out injuried?? Think i read somewhere he had some problems with his knee.. Don't know what status on that is..

But if he is ready i would also like to see him.. hopefully he could do a lot better under the King and in a team with a lot of confidence..

We change to so many different formations during the game anyway mate so I don't think you'll be wanting 4-3-3 for long.

Thinking about it, with Skrtel being injured I think he'll play this:

Reina

Kelly Carragher Agger Johnson

Lucas

Gerrard Meireles

Maxi Kuyt Suarez

Anyone seen how Wigan have been lining up? Are they still playing the 4231 keeping it on the ground etc? If they are its difficult to see much of a case for playing 3 at the back. Stoke and Chelsea it made sense for different reasons but against Wigan you'd want more players higher up pressing than you would a spare man at the back surely?

I hope we approach this game with 100% focus because we will need to be on our mettle defensively. Wigan have some good players in midfield and attack so there is no way we can afford to take them lightly. The plus side is that they will probably turn up half expecting to get beaten, and they are very poor at the back so as long as we get on top of them early we should win with something to spare. If they don't score we will win the game.

Time to switch to four at the back for this one I reckon. Don't see the need for the extra centre back against Wigan. I would like to see Suarez start as Wigan hardly play the most physical, high tempo football so it should provide a reasonable introduction to the English league.

Reina

Kelly

Carra

Agger

Johnson

Gerrard

Lucas

Meireles

Maxi or Cole

Kuyt

Suarez

Early goal and a 3 or 4 goal win is on the cards.

Kenny doesn't seem to fancy Pacheco either. Maxi, though rated by Kenny for his touch and technique, as Kenny stated, is an extremely limited player who is a passenger in most games. He doesn't have pace, can't go past players, doesn't whip crosses in and doesn't score enough goals (!). I trust Kenny. But would've loved to have seen what he could get out of Pacheco playing in place of Maxi, and may be one of the youngsters given chance.

I'd rather have Maxi than an extra defender personally. But second guessing the king has not been a fruitful endeavor so far!

We don't need another defender, we are at home to Wigan.