You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our Lowest Premier League attendance?

laddo

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has in a midweek, not sure if it has for a bank holiday or saturday game though.

Blackburn away isnt going to sell out either by the look of it, cant remember the last time we didnt fill an away end domestically.

Boxing day and New years day are traditionally bumper gates games,no work to worry about etc etc.

I'm sure your familar with the saying "you vote with your feet"

if our shit league position means nothing to the super duper new owners sit up and take notice, then massive drop in attendance, and subsequent drop in money surely will

i heard our average attendance is down 2000 per game this season, equating to approximately £70,000 per game, thats quite worrying

The myth of OOT's stopping locals from going to games.

What do you mean by that? If you mean locals should be made up for the scraps the OOTs can't be arsed with, well it's obvious they're not. Neither would I be. I know load of lads who got sick of trying to get tickets. They now don't give a fuck about going to the game, they just watch it in the pub and they are lost forever. This is all since the change in ticketing allocations over the last 2/3 years. These are lads who've gone the match for 20-30 years, week in, week out.

The myth of OOT's stopping locals from going to games.

The Liverpool suburbs being some of the most deprived areas in the country, would you expect Dads to fork out 100 quid to take their lad the match? Considering that we're playing some of the worst football i've ever seen.

I do find it a bit depressing that the fans wouldn't stay away when we were trying to rid the club of the two American scourges, but feel moved to stay away to try and speed up Roy's inevitable departure. Says a lot about the short-term priorities of the modern footballing fan, I guess, but it's still rather sad.

You vote with your feet is exactly right.

I think the job ahead for FSG is a big one. Besides the obvious issue of sorting out a new manager and recruiting better players and making sure we keep growing commerically etc. one of their pressing tasks is to work out what to do with a new stadium/revamp for Anfield.

In my opinion they need to do a solid piece of work in determining the demand. We have a lengthy season ticket waiting list, but I suspect a good portion of that is a sham, with season tickets being shared around the fanbase and people having a break from it and all the rest of it.

FSG need to get to the bottom of what the true demand is. In my mind we don't need more than 60K but it would be nice to have a little expansion capability on top just in case we unearth the next Shankly.

I do find it a bit depressing that the fans wouldn't stay away when we were trying to rid the club of the two American scourges, but feel moved to stay away to try and speed up Roy's inevitable departure. Says a lot about the short-term priorities of the modern footballing fan, I guess, but it's still rather sad.

It doesn't. It says it's Christmas, the match is shit, so people have other places to spend their money than going to a match they will hate going to.

What do you mean by that? If you mean locals should be made up for the scraps the OOTs can't be arsed with, well it's obvious they're not. Neither would I be. I know load of lads who got sick of trying to get tickets. They now don't give a fuck about going to the game, they just watch it in the pub and they are lost forever. This is all since the change in ticketing allocations over the last 2/3 years. These are lads who've gone the match for 20-30 years, week in, week out.

Exactly. No excuse for any local not attending today due to lack of tickets.

id say people arent going because football is meant to be "entertainment", and more often than not, you wouldnt get entertained watching us

add to that the price of tickets, imagune taking 2 kids to a game these days, after travelling, food, and a few other bits and bobs from the club shop, you wouldnt have any change from £200 id imagine, not exactly chump change to be fair

Exactly. No excuse for any local not attending today due to lack of tickets.

Fuck off you tit. So they're excluded for 18 matches a year, but because some thomas cook tit can't be arsed to come, some local lad who has been fucked off for the corporate dollar is supposed to come running back? Bollocks. If they want locals to come, offer them tickets every week, not just when the corporates can't sell out.

It is what happens when you serve up shite entertainment and insult the paying public.

Never bite the hand that feeds Roy....being responsible for reducing revenues will get you the sack faster than any other of your failings.

It's also the product of years and years of putting two fingers up to local supporters who were shunned in order to accommodate day trippers who'll spend in the clubs shop etc. As Barry Wom has said, why should all these local people who've been told to fuck off over the years suddenly want to make up the numbers now ?

Why is it automatically assumed its the daytrippers who havent turned up?

To perpetuate the myth of thousands of locals who are desperate to attend the game. What they mean is they don't like being deprived of attending the big games. When the opportunity is there they are conspicuous by their absence.

Fuck off you tit. So they're excluded for 18 matches a year, but because some thomas cook tit can't be arsed to come, some local lad who has been fucked off for the corporate dollar is supposed to come running back? Bollocks. If they want locals to come, offer them tickets every week, not just when the corporates can't sell out.

Why are people who buy thomas cook packages "tits" perhaps its the only way they have of getting to a game. Poor locals shafted again.....:whistle: