You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Beckham, Prince William, Cameron, Barnes etc should just say one thing to the corrupt bastards.

"We invented the game, if we want to host it, then we should host it - you wouldn't have a game if it wasn't for us - The end!".

"Oh and in the future if we want it - we will host it!"

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not that arsed either.

Sky Sports News are really going to town over it all though.

I must admit I do think Beckham is brilliant at this sort of stuff, infact I like everything about the man.

Beckham, Prince William, Cameron, Barnes etc should just say one thing to the corrupt bastards.

"We invented the game, if we want to host it, then we should host it - you wouldn't have a game if it wasn't for us - The end!".

"Oh and in the future if we want it - we will host it!"

That's the kind of arrogant attitude that's ensured our limited influence among other FIFA countries over the last 100 years.

I am not that arsed either.

I must admit I do think Beckham is brilliant at this sort of stuff, infact I like everything about the man.

Shame he's neither very bright nor articulate, but he does have some nice suits.

Why the fuck is Beckham an ambassador for football? I wonder what LA Galaxy fans make of this.

I don't think we have a chance in hell of getting 2022, it's all about politics and we don't have enough global power. We don't have the population or natural energy resources to bribe all the old corrupt fucking pieces of shit

Apparently Qatar is favourites for 2022, fuck off how would it be good playing there in 40 degrees Celsius and the rest of the problems it would hold but FIFA doesn't care about that.

You know Australia would put on a good world cup with good stadiums and organisation but that isn't really the issue is it, it's about who can do the most for each voter, FIFA is fucked.

I don't think we have a chance in hell of getting 2022, it's all about politics and we don't have enough global power. We don't have the population or natural energy resources to bribe all the old corrupt fucking pieces of shit

Apparently Qatar is favourites for 2022, fuck off how would it be good playing there in 40 degrees Celsius and the rest of the problems it would hold but FIFA doesn't care about that.

You know Australia would put on a good world cup with good stadiums and organisation but that isn't really the issue is it, it's about who can do the most for each voter, FIFA is fucked.

Become independant then you cowards? :whistle:

Why do you say that Rob?

Nobody would got to watch games in the likes of Milton Keynes/Middlesborough/Sheffield. The stadiums just wouldnt fill up. Ive seen footage from Euro 96 and the stadiums were half empty. There just wouldnt be the sense of excitement in England for the world cup as their would be in other countrys.

Why the fuck is Beckham an ambassador for football?

What he has achieved in the game. The fact he is a huge name. Add to that his charity work. He is clearly a good ambassador for the game.

I like it how he acted when he left United. He could have slagged off Ferguson to the press as he was ousted when he never wanted to leave. But instead he has been really dignified, only praised United and Fergsuon. That is classy and I think he is a class act on and off the pitch.

He has made the most of the talent he has and credit to him. Shame players like Babel couldn't do this. One of few players who played for United who I really like.

Oh and I think he is more articulate than people give him credit for.

Nobody would got to watch games in the likes of Milton Keynes/Middlesborough/Sheffield. The stadiums just wouldnt fill up. Ive seen footage from Euro 96 and the stadiums were half empty. There just wouldnt be the sense of excitement in England for the world cup as their would be in other countrys.

I imagine that it depends on the countries that were playing and the importance of the games. I'm sure that France v Spain, Holland v Italy or Germany v Portugal would attract a full house at the parts of the country that you have listed below.

When you say that there wouldn't be a sense of excitement in England for the World Cup, do you specifically mean from the English public?

I hope England does get the 2018 World Cup. Purely because I think it wouldn't be too dissimilar to the experience of Germany 2006, which was a fantastic tournament for the fans. I also think England is ahead of the other contenders in terms of how much infrastructure is already in place. The Russians in particular need the World Cup to crystalise their infrastructure development so their entire bid rests on promises, much like South Africa's did.

As for 2022, I would like Australia to get it ahead of the others. One of the problems with Qatar's bid is the environmental impact; the other is legacy. They may have the resources but they'd still be funding a number of white elephants in the long run. That makes no economic sense no matter the wealth backing it. As for Japan, South Korea and USA, they have all had the tournament very recently so I would not personally choose either despite them having shown the ability to stage the event before.

The Australians have a lot of infrastructure in place, so I think the main issue for them is availability, what with these same venues staging rugby, cricket or Aussie Rules around the same time. Forget all the political and commercial bullshit associated with the bidding process for the moment. Although the Australian FA are in the Asian Football Confederation, it would at least complete the circle by bring the world's greatest sporting event to Oceania.

I think this as a chain would be the best scenario:

2014 - Brazil; home of jogo bonito needs the World Cup to kickstart it's infrastructural development

2018 - England; it's been bloody ages, and England is further down the line than it's competitors

2022 - Australia; provided it can overcome schedule clashes, Australia also has many of the requirements already in place

2026 - Spain; would likely be in England's current development stage by then so should be ready

2030 - China; has the resources but the political side needs to be looked at, despite the recent hosting of the Olympics

I imagine that it depends on the countries that we were playing and the importance of the games. I'm sure that France v Spain, Holland v Italy or Germany v Portugal would attract a full house at the parts of the country that you have listed below.

When you say that there wouldn't be a sense of excitement in England for the World Cup, do you specifically mean from the English public?

The thing is, when the big teams play each other they wont be playing at them venues unless its in the group stages. They will more than likely be played at Wembley, Emirates, Anfield., Old Trafford. Tickets in England would be a lot dearer than they would be on mainland Europe (I'm no too sure about this though, as I think Fifa may set the ticket prices instead of the FA).

And yes, i dont really think that there would be a huge interest from the English public in General as they see football every week. I maybe wrong though.

Spain just had the euros, i don't think it would be fair if they got the world cup so soon. Doesn't matter if the world cup was in england or timbuktu EVERYONE would still watch it.

I want england to get it as it means i can go to the matches and hang out with hot latino chicks ;-).