You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

llego

Davies isn't the prettiest but is good at what he does. Good enough for England in fact. Wum that in your pipe and smoke it!

many a player have appeared for england who havnt been good enough,many a player has played for liverpool who hasnt been good enough,poulson springs to mind.

these things happen.

being good at being a donkey is not an achievement,hes a professional footballer and hes shit,theres sunday league players who could do what he does.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some very respected posters on here who are allowing there wish to Hodgson sacked cloud there judgment about our performance today which was good and light years ahead of anything else away from home this season,

But, Nick, ask yourself why they still want Roy sacked.

A scraped win whilst playing so ineffectively, and showing little sign of approaching even the poor standards of last season, is little reason to stick with this lame duck. Our football is crap and we have a manager who talks constant, self serving bullshit.

Do you think he is even capable of getting us into the top 4, never mind winning the league?

Guest San Don
There are some very respected posters on here who are allowing there wish to Hodgson sacked cloud there judgment about our performance today which was good and light years ahead of anything else away from home this season,

Correct.

Its the context of the win that it should be looked at. They got a lot of the decisions today, davies was chucking himself about so much it was almost laughable. If it had of been Torres chucking himself to the floor like that other people would be say 'yeah, what do you expect, the cheating foreigner'!

That yarddog knight was trampling all over Torres but atkinson made sure we got nowt.

It was far from a great performance but the result was great.

Edited by San Don
typo!

many a player have appeared for england who havnt been good enough,many a player has played for liverpool who hasnt been good enough,poulson springs to mind.

these things happen.

being good at being a donkey is not an achievement,hes a professional footballer and hes shit,theres sunday league players who could do what he does.

Serious?

A very important win, both for the team and especially Roy. I`ve never hidden the fact I did`nt want him, and that I want him gone. That beeing said I cant really fault him today.

Bolton is never an easy place to come, and most sides struggle there. Even on form Bolton makes it tough, and their physical presence is a test for anyone. Even after last weekends win this years team is so short of confidence, and you can see it in the amount of unforced passing errors we made.

Torres especially could make the easiest 5 yard passes, at least until N`gog came on. It was painful to watch for long spells, but then a superb back heel to Maxi was that little bit of magic we know he can produce, and it was a moumental contribution to our win. Hopefully this lift his spirit so he can find back to his usual self.

We did`nt play good, in fact nowhere close to good, but we dug in, refused to give in and towards the end we were the team finding ourselves in promising positions, but only for the last pass to go astray time after time. This is the type of passes you make in your sleep when on form, but today they went anywhere but on target.

Roy is still under a lot of pressure, and rightfully so. But for him to win the fans over, he just needs to keep his mouth shut more and keep on winning matches.

That`s not to hard is it Roy?

If, as Roy says, that was a good result and we are playing better

we are seriously up shit creek without a paddle. I'm happy with the three point ut come on that was not a good display by any stretch of the imagination.

To say that all games are gritty is bollocks aswell. If you go out and score 3 in the first half then you don't need a gritty performance you have put in a stella performance and you deserve the win.

Why am I getting so wound up by him even when we win?

If, as Roy says, that was a good result and we are playing better

we are seriously up shit creek without a paddle. I'm happy with the three point ut come on that was not a good display by any stretch of the imagination.

To say that all games are gritty is bollocks aswell. If you go out and score 3 in the first half then you don't need a gritty performance you have put in a stella performance and you deserve the win.

Why am I getting so wound up by him even when we win?

**Shakes head**

A weird game.

We were decent in parts, utterly inept in others. The greek was great, Reina was vital and Maxi actually did something. In an away game.

Still nowhere near enough though is it?

Even so, the almost imperceptible descent into long term mediocrity is on hold for now.

Woo fucking hoo.

I thought it was a good gritty performance that we werent capable of a few weeks ago.

We are getting better in each game in different ways,last week it was a more positive attitude while this week it was a never say die attitude and not letting the opposition bully us out of the game.

Thought we looked a bit better playing more of a 442 than the shape we started with.

Overall better but still need to improve more.

Back from the game and although it was a pretty shite performance I really couldn't care less at this moment in time. Fucking get in Maxi! Great scenes at the end.

By the way, does anyone know why that lad was arrested in the 2nd half? And does it seriously require around 20 policeman to arrest him!

Great win!

First half we were abysmal although we still had very good chances to score.

second half we put together some decent passages of play and we definitely deserved the win in the end.

Credit to Roy for bringing on Ngog for Cole. He wanted the 3 points and he got them. I think with Torres only being half the player he used to be, we could maybe do with Ngog up with him giving him a hand. I also don't think it's any coincidence that we generally start to play better when Gerrard moves back into centre midfield.

I'd like to see us start with Stevie in midfield and Ngog up with Torres against Chelsea. we're at home, we've won our last 2 league games and hopefully we'll beat napoli in midweek as well, let's go at Chelsea from the start. Their squad isn't looking as strong as it should. Their bench the last few games is far from intimidating.

Final word to the fans at the game today who were amazing. All I could hear all game was Liverpool fans singing the players names. I think it even inspired Torres to put a bit more effort in when they started singing his song during the 2nd half even though he didn't do much to deserve it at that stage of the game. Maxi should score more often, he'd get to hear that great Heartbeat song a lot more.

Great win!

First half we were abysmal although we still had very good chances to score.

second half we put together some decent passages of play and we definitely deserved the win in the end.

Credit to Roy for bringing on Ngog for Cole. He wanted the 3 points and he got them. I think with Torres only being half the player he used to be, we could maybe do with Ngog up with him giving him a hand. I also don't think it's any coincidence that we generally start to play better when Gerrard moves back into centre midfield.

I'd like to see us start with Stevie in midfield and Ngog up with Torres against Chelsea. we're at home, we've won our last 2 league games and hopefully we'll beat napoli in midweek as well, let's go at Chelsea from the start. Their squad isn't looking as strong as it should. Their bench the last few games is far from intimidating.

Final word to the fans at the game today who were amazing. All I could hear all game was Liverpool fans singing the players names. I think it even inspired Torres to put a bit more effort in when they started singing his song during the 2nd half even though he didn't do much to deserve it at that stage of the game. Maxi should score more often, he'd get to hear that great Heartbeat song a lot more.

Agree with this. Great to hear the lads behind the team all the time. Nice one.

We were really awful first half, came out with better intent the second half and got the 3 points in the end. I am starting to get a bit worried by Torres and Gerrard's lack of connection, they don't seem to be reading each others runs as well as they used to.

I would have loved to have been in the crowd for the last few minutes. The Maxi song sounded ace. I imagine if you're a player and you hear the fans sing your name like that it makes you feel 100ft tall.

It carried on for another 10 minutes after game, it was boss. Normally Bolton away tends to be quite shite but today because of the goal being so close to the end, it made the win feel that much more better.

When Maxi scored, I ended up around 20 seats away from my original seat and ended up hugging a bald guy I'd never seen before - such was the delight of us actually winning away!

When was the last time a manager here at 0-0 in an away game brought a midfielder off for a striker? It would have been easy for Roy to bring Jovanovic on for Cole and do a like for like change but his intent with that attacking change paid off and good on him.

We and Roy deserved that today. He has gotten a lot of stick for decisions so far, some deserved, some not so it would be nice if people gave him credit for the changes he gets right like that one today. N'Gogs willingness to run the channels allowed a tiring Torres to stay more centrally and boy did it pay off for the winning goal.

I'm not Roy's biggest fan and don't want him here long term but some people are going way overboard on the criticism tonight. A win is a win and in a results business that is the most important thing. I'd happily take winning 1-0 every week regardless if it was on offer. Let's hope against chelsea the crowd is massively up for it and the team come out the traps early and we can make it 3 in a row.

When was the last time a manager here at 0-0 in an away game brought a midfielder off for a striker? It would have been easy for Roy to bring Jovanovic on for Cole and do a like for like change but his intent with that attacking change paid off and good on him.

It was hardly that much of an attacking change, Gerrard moved back into midfield. A shame it had to be forced on him rather than him actually showing some productive management but its a start I suppose.