You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy : I'll pat myself on the back over Torres.

usernameunknown

Oh dear!!

“I thought Torres today was much, much different to the one in the first couple of games, and I will pat myself on the back by saying I told you so.

“People wanted to see his best the moment he stepped back onto the field after the World Cup, but I said he needed games, he needed time"

Liverpool Daily Post - Liverpool FC - Liverpool FC News - Expectations are too high at Liverpool FC says Roy Hodgson

Can someone stop this guy from talking please?

I really don't see the big deal in what he's said there.

Neither do I.

This however contains a fair bit of shite, mixed in with one or two salient points.

“The expectations being placed on the team are ones they will find very hard to live up to until they bed in as a team."

“It’s more a case of using certain players in certain positions in certain games to get them to the position I want.

“It’s them finding their legs as Liverpool players and me finding where best to use them, but we are going to see a very tight league this year.

“The understanding will of course only come from games, and we’re all coming to terms with the expectations.

“Everything is still very new, a lot of new players, some uncertainty about the ownership, but the moment we’re not flying people say it’s not good enough.

“I’m not saying it is, but that maybe it’s something that could have been predicted.

“We can’t do more than we’re doing and we have probably the most passionate and interested fans in the world. I have a lot of faith in those fans and they know how difficult it can be at times.

“I consider myself unlucky not to be sitting here describing a victory.

“We weren’t given an easy start and the next period will be very important. It was important to bounce back because if we hadn’t had that magnificent reaction, it would have been a very black day. We showed a lot of character and determination and played some very good football.”

“It’s on my mind to play Torres, Raul Meireles and Dirk Kuyt on Thursday.

“I think they’re knitting together well.

“I thought Torres today was much, much different to the one in the first couple of games, and I will pat myself on the back by saying I told you so.

“People wanted to see his best the moment he stepped back onto the field after the World Cup, but I said he needed games, he needed time

“He was unlucky not to score one of the goals of the month, with that magnificent control and volley that was inaccurately ruled out for offside.

“It was only Meireles’ second start and there was another start for Joe Cole. There are moments giving me satisfaction but I know it’s a big job and I can’t just wave a magic wand and Liverpool will suddenly dominate English football again. But there were a lot of pleasing factors today.”

I really don't see the big deal in what he's said there.

Praising yourself for saying Torres would take a while to get back to full flow and being proven right doesnt sit right with me.

Would you hear Ferguson praising himself for saying he was proven right over Rooney's personal issues affecting his form? I doubt it, because he'd be pissed off his star striker is out of form for so long.

I guess thats the difference between winners and losers.

Would you hear Ferguson praising himself for saying he was proven right over Rooney's personal issues affecting his form? I doubt it, because he'd be pissed off his star striker is out of form for so long.

I guess thats the difference between winners and losers.

You'd complain that he's a cunt if he acted like Ferguson.