You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy completely bullied by baconface

Nathanzx

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He could have defended Torres at least instead of not wanting to upset his mate. The worry is this is actually his personality ie a bit of a shithouse and they do say teams reflect their managers personality.

Arsenal are petulant brats. Man Utd are cunts but winners. etc

Exactly - going into the match worrying more about what sort of Wine you'll get to sup with Ferguson more than the result isn't the stuff of Winston Churchil or Aigincourt is it?

He could have defended Torres at least instead of not wanting to upset his mate. The worry is this is actually his personality ie a bit of a shithouse and they do say teams reflect their managers personality.

Arsenal are petulant brats. Man Utd are cunts but winners. etc

Liverpool are budgie faced pussies?

I'll let you have the last word - as long as it's in reference to what you're were trying, but failing to get across when mentioning Ancelotti and paisley.

Over to you.............

I've got absolutely no desire to debate anything with you. I've tried in the past but you've proven yourself to be worthless when it comes to football debate. It would be a waste of time and would go totally against the reasons for why I come on here.

So i'll just pop you on ignore instead.

Liverpool are budgie faced pussies?

Well we're playing like it! We roll over from the start and only seem to try when we're about to die.

I still cant get over his "I didnt have high expectations" comment after the Birmingham game. Probably the worst thing ive ever heard out of a Liverpool managers mouth.

I really want to love him but he's not giving us much.

I've got absolutely no desire to debate anything with you. I've tried in the past but you've proven yourself to be worthless when it comes to football debate. It would be a waste of time and would go totally against the reasons for why I come on here.

So i'll just pop you on ignore instead.

I'm not asking you to debate with me - I've said you can have the last word. Now you appear to be using something else to avoid that.

Some may think that you really have realised your mistake and that you're not big enough to admit it.

I don't want to debate with you - it would be far too easy a task.

Your last six or seven posts have been quoting someone else and saying 'haha'. For somebody promoting the importance of dignity you're coming across as a bit of a hypocrite.

It's an avoidance tactic. He's clearly not big enough to admit his error. Someone once PM'd me about him and warned me that this was a tactic that many on here knew he used.

But spamming "Haha!!" after someone's posts is?

Bad nob, you.

I wasn't trying to be funny though. You could easily have just replied to my post saying something like, 'I was only joking mate', and i'd have said fair enough and took it back (not that I actually said anything!)

But no, you followed it up with throwing insults around. Grow up.

I'll hazard a guess here and say that you were a huge fan of Benitez.

wrong mate....i was banned from RAWK for having the temerity to suggest the team had gone stale under Rafa last season, far from his biggest fan

as for this thread, i think questioning the performance of the manager in the media is eminently reasonable, and although pre and post match quotes don't have an affect on the game being talked about they do speak volumes for the mentality surrounding the club and do have an impact on the morale and expectations of fans and players alike

Nobody is saying Roy is a shoite coach because he didn't tell fergie where to stick his wine glass, what I think is fair to say though is that if fergie says his team could have got ten, that the officials gifted you your goals and that your striker tried to get someone sent off and you just mutter that your buddy Sir Alex is entitled to his opinion then you kind of come off looking like a doormat, dignified silence is fine most of the time unless some prick (baconface) questions the integrity of your team...then you stand up and tell him where to go...Roy is not a shoite coach because he failed to do this but he is unfortunately coming across as a weak man (in these interviews at least)...what kind of affect such a media persona will have, well I'm not sure but I know I don't like it

If I was liverpool manager, I'd be tempted to call daily press conferences wherein I would call Mr.Ferguson a cunt for, I don't know, a good twenty minutes. I'd then have another, live, press conference where I would make inflammatory remarks about Everton. Ideally I would be by flanked Uriah Rennie and Pierluigi Colina as I suggested that I'd be surprised if they stayed up.

I personally think some of the animosity toward Hodgeson is because he's perceived as being part of the English management 'clique'.

Liverpool fans are used to seeing managers promoted from within, or be brought in from abroad with solid reputations. We pride ourselves as a club and as a city as not being part of the English machine, but for the first time, we have a manager who is.

You hear talk of the fact that he's 'friendly' with Ferguson as though it should be a stick to beat him with. Hodgeson is basically a respected English manager who's built a solid reputation with other British managers through being an affable man. He's being perceived - IMO - as being 'one of them' rather than 'one of us', much in the same way as Owen was during his time at the club. From what I've seen, this is thus far his only crime.