You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

goal.com Lucas rating - Very pertinant

BurtReynolds

I think Poulsen will be alot better when he has a better midfielder beside him. Someone who doesn't try and do his work. There is only room for one or the other and I am sure Poulsen is the better player. He's always played that role and has experience.

The second we took Lucas off we looked a much better team. He has absolutely no urgency and treats the football like it's going to hurt him. He 'passed the buk' if you like.

Terrible footballer.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Lucas can do everything Poulsen can but he's got more to his game too.

Lucas and Meireles would be my midfield 2.

What else has he got to his game?

This is what he Lucas reminds me of:

a slightly "special" kid being allowed to play football with his able-bodied older brother and his mates, and running around after them enthusiastically, with an eager but bewildered grin on his face

Poulsen is an experienced defensive midfielder that has come from a slow paced league to the hectic pace of the premiership and has yet to find his feet. Lucas is neither an attacking midfielder or a defensive one that has been here for several years and showed nothing to suggest that he will ever get to grips with the pace here. He is better suited to the Italian league. I would never have the lad play in a red shirt as he has had too many chances and this stage and has played well in 2 or 3 matches. Give Poulsen a chance. Raul in his brief start looked good.

I will never comprehend how shite liverpool players are at ball retention and passing. Basics to the game were nowhere to be seen by any of them last night.

I thought Poulsen played well today. He is already streets ahead of Lucas, Poulsen is still of the pace and adapting but is far more composed on the ball than Lucas and is looking for that positive pass, Lucas has been here and is still running around like a headless chicken.

He is a calamity, dreadful buy.

Poulsen did not make one tackle the whole game, how you can say he played well i don't know. How can a defensive midfileder not make one tackle in 90+ mins maybe it's because he's so slow he can't get anywhere near a player with possesion. yet he's "streets ahead of Lucas"???????

Poulsen did not make one tackle the whole game, how you can say he played well i don't know. How can a defensive midfileder not make one tackle in 90+ mins maybe it's because he's so slow he can't get anywhere near a player with possesion. yet he's "streets ahead of Lucas"???????
None of our team made a tackle mate, that was one of the problems, not closing them down like they did to us, he can add to his game for sure but Poulsen's work rate was excellent and playing with the enigma that is Lucas ain't no easy feat, Poulsen is still adapting and is just off the pace. But He used the ball very well yesterday, was very composed and i thought his second half performance was very good.

And i'm not the only one mate, prob not on this site but behind Reina & Konchesky he was our best player in a dismal game, lots of people on 2 other sites i'm on saying same as myself, different strokes i suppose.

What else has he got to his game?

This is what he Lucas reminds me of:

a slightly "special" kid being allowed to play football with his able-bodied older brother and his mates, and running around after them enthusiastically, with an eager but bewildered grin on his face

Honestly, how many posts do you think you've dedicated to slagging off Lucas? I'd imagine it's into the hundreds. I can't really get my head into the mentality of relentless, unchanging regurgitation of a basic opinion (that you don't rate the player) - now I see you've gone beyond and negged me because I think he's better than Poulsen.

Really sad, cringeworthy stuff. It gave me a chuckle, but you might want to have a word with yourself.

Honestly, how many posts do you think you've dedicated to slagging off Lucas? I'd imagine it's into the hundreds. I can't really get my head into the mentality of relentless, unchanging regurgitation of a basic opinion (that you don't rate the player) - now I see you've gone beyond and negged me because I think he's better than Poulsen.

Really sad, cringeworthy stuff. It gave me a chuckle, but you might want to have a word with yourself.

That makes two of us. Aces!

But seriously, Lucas is really, REALLY shit

Coming from a little girl i'll take it with a pinch of salt, how the periods working out this month u silly little cunt? Sure you can Neg me u sad little virgin, might make u feel bit better about yourself :D

Little virgins

Little girls

Periods

Little cunts

Can anyone spot a theme forming?

Dan Cuntkins seems to be a potential child-molester.

I thought Poulsen played well today. He is already streets ahead of Lucas, Poulsen is still of the pace and adapting but is far more composed on the ball than Lucas and is looking for that positive pass, Lucas has been here and is still running around like a headless chicken.

He is a calamity, dreadful buy.

Everyone knows what Poulsen is there to do, whereas NOBODY knows what the fuck Lucas is for. Including Lucas.

Attack?

Defence?

Fuck knows.

Everyone knows what Poulsen is there to do, whereas NOBODY knows what the fuck Lucas is for. Including Lucas.

Attack?

Defence?

Fuck knows.

I hear ya mate but Poulsen has played for Liverpool for a few weeks, Lucas has been here for 3 years, the guy is adapting and yes he is off the pace which is expected but you can't denying on the ball he is far more comfortable than Lucas and has much more composure on and off the ball too.

Poulsen can defend, thats evident through out his career that is his main asset. But i'm happy that he can play a bit of ball too, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt so far as when we signed him i was very disappointed and at the moment i think he's done a decent job.

Poulsen & Merieles IMO will be the CM pairing but both have to adapt and gel, and get used to pae and tempo of the league before we are cofortable to play these two together.