You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jamie Redknapp tonight

BurtReynolds

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamie and his shallowness have missed the boat again.

Yes, you could say Torres' performance was diabolical yesterday. You could also say his performance in the World Cup was also diabolical. Any decent pundit would look for the reasons why, any decent Liverpool fan would also look for the reasons why but alas, not Redknapp.

Torres has struggled with injury for the past 18 months. He's had little chance to rehabilitate those injuries because Liverpool have been overly dependent on him. The cause for that over dependence is largely because Tom Hicks and George Gillett have failed to invest in the side over the past few years, a frustration to Torres that he has publicly spoken.

Rather than focusing on those issues or giving them any sort of mention Redknapp has instead created a nice little headline for himself and much to the delight of his bosses, i'm sure.

Diabolical indeed.

He was abysmal today. If this is the attitude we can look forward to for this season, he can get fucked.

And I don't buy the rustiness excuse, I saw the Spain Poland game and he was a lot better that night.

Yeah but so was Gerrard. Redknapp doesnt have a go at him.

At least Redders isn't always telling Keys what he wants to hear these days. I don't know if it's deliberate, but he's clearly going 'off message' sometimes as far as the monkey is concerned. Keys asked him one question three times yesterday because Redders kept giving the wrong answer and failed to slate the club. The whole of Sky's coverage yesterday made a dire match even more of a pain to watch. Martin Tyler has all but given up saying what's actually happening - he thinks he's hosting some sort of late-night conversation on BBC2. Non-stop waffle while the action goes on. He needs a few matches where he's on his own and has to remember how to do his job. In fact they all do!

Gerrard was atrocious last season. What do you expect from Torres when you have fucking Lucas, Poulson, Maxi and Jovanovic offering the service? Our tactics right now are clueless.

Most of the time Gerrard didnt make an effort last season. Gerrard is allowed to be criticised.

Of course he is. And he was criticised here last season (although not sure if any "pundit" did the same).

Torres yesterday was fucking useless. And its only right he gets criticised.

Not just Torres. More than half of our players need to pull their fingers out. In fact only Reina can hold his head high after yesterday.

Gerrard was atrocious last season. What do you expect from Torres when you have fucking Lucas, Poulson, Maxi and Jovanovic offering the service? Our tactics right now are clueless.

Bollocks.

Torres is not the only footballer in the world you know? He is a great player and a world class striker but when he is not in the mood, he is only as good as Shola fucking Amoebi.

Guess what, he HAS to play with Lucas, Maxi, Poulson and Jovanovic until December at least. He better pull his finger out and start to make an effort!

Of course he is. And he was criticised here last season (although not sure if any "pundit" did the same).

Torres yesterday was fucking useless. And its only right he gets criticised.

Not just Torres. More than half of our players need to pull their fingers out. In fact only Reina can hold his head high after yesterday.

I agree, but Hermes says that Gerrard always tries. He doesnt.

57 goals in 82 games. Torres owes us nothing. I'm tired of this same old 'pull ya finger out' shite. Not one ball, one ball, was played into his feet last night. 90 minutes of hoofing the ball to one man up front against that thuggish defense whilst the spritely Carr was left untested.

57 goals in 82 games. Torres owes us nothing. I'm tired of this same old 'pull ya finger out' shite. Not one ball, one ball, was played into his feet last night.

In the first half he had two fairly reasonable chances. One was a low ball in to feet from the right where he should have at least hit the target.

In the second half he was played through to the right of goal (on the ground) and chose to shoot from a tight angle rather than try play Gerrard in for an easier chance.

There's two.

He looks disinterested. He chose to stay. The least anyone can expect is effort.

Apparently he called Nandos performance diabolical today. He was bad but he wasn't that bad.

It's a fair enough assessment I think.

there's no doubting he's suffering from this ludicrously deep defensive line Hodgson has us playing that's leaving Torres too isolated. Which makes it's all the more important that when he does get the ball, he tries to at least keep it.

It's okay to pass it once in a while to a player that isn't Gerrard too. the amount of times the two of them waste good possession trying to pass to each other when there are better options available is shocking.

Guest ian garro
The irony of Jamie Redknapp criticising a man for being disinterested appears lost on some.

Agreed. He'll be slating someone for going missing in the big games next, slagging someone off for not wanting to know when the tackles start flying in, and for flattering to deceive.

And passing sideways too often.

In the first half he had two fairly reasonable chances. One was a low ball in to feet from the right where he should have at least hit the target.

In the second half he was played through to the right of goal (on the ground) and chose to shoot from a tight angle rather than try play Gerrard in for an easier chance.

There's two.

He looks disinterested. He chose to stay. The least anyone can expect is effort.

I actually forgot about those chances. The only one I remembered was the run he went on near the end but by the time he go in a position to shoot he ran out of puff. He has a terrible record against Birmingham anyway.

he was dreadful first half yesterday. I wrote it on here at half time so I don't think Redknapp was saying anything a lot of people including me were saying.

Unfortunately the papers are going to town on it today. Hopefully United will get the backlash on sunday. he has a great record against them