You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ressies lose friendly

Allan

From the Offal

Chris Mavinga played his first game since winning the UEFA U19 European Championships with France, as Liverpool Reserves lost 1-0 to Galway United on Monday night.

The former Paris St Germain defender played the opening 45 minutes for John McMahon's side who also fielded the likes of David Amoo and Spanish starlet Suso.

Swedish winger Alex Kacaniklic also played his first 45 minutes of pre-season after returning from injury.

McMahon's side next cross to Northern Ireland when they face Dungannon Swifts at Stangmore Park, Dungannon, on Thursday, at 7.45pm.

Liverpool Reserves: Dean Bouzanis, Stephen Darby (John Flanagan 45), Jack Robinson, Daniel Ayala (Andre Wisdom 45), Chris Mavinga (Conor Coady 45), Steven Irwin, David Amoo, Tom Ince, Nikola Saric (Michael Roberts 70), Suso, Alex Cooper (Alex Kacaniklic 45).

Just watched the highlights of the Under 18's friendly against Cardiff, Silva, Sterling, Adorjan and Ngoo were superb. Ngoo scored a couple of cracking goals, the first a fine solo run after he'd picked the ball up just inside the Cardiff half, and the second a deft little flick from an Adorjan cross.

I hope we can keep hold of Rodolfo Borrell and his team down at the Academy, as they're developing some exciting talent down there.

Ngoo goes from looking shit one minute to being amazing the next. Can't decide if he's actually any good or not. He's like Paolo Wanchope.

Fair assessment that. He was outstanding in the highlights of the friendly against Cardiff. He was so strong, kept the ball well, played it at the right times, he was just on song for the game going by the highlights.

I was at the game, overall they played okay but had no threat upfront.

1 Bouzanis is a big guy, doesn't look it on TV, very confident keeper.

2 Darby was disapointing, gave the ball away a lot, caught out of position a few times.

3 Jack Robinson was excellent, agressive, quick and what a throw-in.

4 Ayala played well apart one dodgy moment at the start.

5 Mavinga looked quick but lightweight and got pushed off the ball a lot, not ready for 1st team yet.

6 I think was a Hungarian guy, didn't play well.

7 David Amoo, was looking forward to seeing him, but he didn't play well. 1st touch was poor.

8 Stevie Irwin, did okay, some good passing and he got stuck in too.

9 Saric not a centre forward and kept dropping deep which meant no-one up.

11 Ince, I thought he was good, he's a lot quicker than he looks on TV and his passing was good.

Some of the substitutes made a difference particularly Flanagan.

10 Suso, was the best player, fabulous touch on the ball, really looked a star in the making always looked for the pass and was really good at making space for himself and has a hell of a shot. He had some nice link up play with Ince and the fullbacks, deserved a goal, he's quite strong too wasn't afraid to try and hold off defenders. What age is he?

2 Darby was disapointing, gave the ball away a lot, caught out of position a few times.

5 Mavinga looked quick but lightweight and got pushed off the ball a lot, not ready for 1st team yet.

7 David Amoo, was looking forward to seeing him, but he didn't play well. 1st touch was poor.

11 Ince, I thought he was good, he's a lot quicker than he looks on TV and his passing was good.

10 Suso, was the best player, fabulous touch on the ball, really looked a star in the making always looked for the pass and was really good at making space for himself and has a hell of a shot. He had some nice link up play with Ince and the fullbacks, deserved a goal, he's quite strong too wasn't afraid to try and hold off defenders. What age is he?

Thanks for the assessment.

Suso seems to be the 'real deal' from what people are saying.

John Flanagan is boss, I've got really high hopes for him.

He went into two challenges and absolutley floored the Galway lads despite them being way older and stronger than him. He came on at half-time for Darby and made a huge difference, himself and Robinson both look great.

thanks NoelM

Suso is 16

i have only seen him play once, but i already think he is ahead of pacheco, when he was 16.

In fact it hink he is a better player than pacheco already. he looked too good for the reserve team level, and from what your saying, he still does.

I think he needs to be in and around the first team and possibly get some substitue apperances.

John Flanagan is boss, I've got really high hopes for him.

I agree with you here, havent seen to much of him but from what I have seen he looks really promising. It would be nice if at least one of the two (Robinson and Flanagan) could make it in the near future if not both!! :yes:

Cheers for that Noel.

The Hungarian number 6 was Alex Cooper from Scotland.

I very rarely do this, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say Flanagan and Robinson WILL both make it here.

Both potentially crowd favourites as neither care about the fancy shite and are first and foremost defenders who like a good tackle.

Without getting carried away Dave this is the first time in years i am excited about the amount of quality youngsters coming through the ranks.

Dont know too much about Flanagan is he a right back? I'm guessing he's 16 or 17?

17 year old right back, hard as nails, good pace, no nonsense old school full back who can defend and attack. First and foremost a defender, but he's got a good engine on him and can go forward when the chance arises.

17 year old right back, hard as nails, good pace, no nonsense old school full back who can defend and attack. First and foremost a defender, but he's got a good engine on him and can go forward when the chance arises.

Cheers Dave, I'll have to look out for him. Its unreal the amount of highly rated youngsters we've got at the moment. If half of them make it our youngsters will be getting talked about in the same way that Arsenals do

You could honestly use that review for every game I've seen him in. He always seems to look a tad dodgy/nervy at some stage early on and then goes on to have a really good game.