You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hansen and the BBC

Red Mist

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but I am a license payer who demands objectivity from the service I fucking pay for. If I wanted to watch a bunch of cunts fawning over Spanish football I would have tuned into a Spanish TV station.

They're paid to give an opinion. Their opinion was that the Dutch were a disgrace to football. They were spot on.

Have you tried Nederland 1? Maybe you'll get the 'objectivity' you're looking for on there.

As predicted Spain wouldnt let them have the ball, the Spanish players are just much better than the likes of De Jong, who then got frustrated and decided to play dirty.

I dont see how there can be any complaints. Spain do what they usually do, grind the opposition down and win 1-0. The opposition have to get the ball off them fairly and give them a game. Most of them can't because they simply have inferior players in terms of skill and mentality so you have to hope they have an off day, which isnt very often.

Guest Pistonbroke
Kind of agree. The Dutch have been utterly vilified but I saw a heavy, physical side trying to press and intimidate a superb technical side, rather than a snidey, snarling side who've played like that every game (Mark van Bommel aside!). If the English had played like that in the final against Spain it would have been deemed a necessary evil. Also, the Spanish habit of card-waving after every tackle leaves a pretty sour taste in the mouth.

Also, heard Stevenson and Waddle having a go at the Dutch players mouthing off at the referee. You've just lost the World Cup final in the dying minutes after a passage of play that saw you denied a corner and a free kick which would have prevented the goalscoring opportunity. Anyone would be livid in such a situation.

I'm not going to say the Dutch were fantastic and deserved to win - far from it. De Jong's "tackle" on Alonso was awful (although more foolish than cynical in my opinion). They were aggressive and as much as they created some good opportunities, they were 2nd best.

One thing Hansen said that I agreed with though. If this victory gets more kids trying to play like Alonso, Xavi and Iniesta, then that can only be a good thing.

Good post and pretty much what i would have said myself.

Can anyone explain to me what's so bad about the *waves imaginary card* gesture? Some dirty hacking Everton/Allardyce-managed/Van Bommell type bastard is trying to break your leg. You complain to the ref and ask him to give you some protection by giving the guy a yellow. Why are people so bothered if you express the same sentiment in a hand gesture? Some people seem to think that gesture actually worse than thuggish dangerous tackles, I don't understand why.

The tackle from behind was outlawed as a direct response to van Basten's career being ended by defenders kicking the shit out of him - really disappointing to see the current Dutch side doing the same to Spain.

The spanish remind me of manure and chelski, the way half the team surround the ref after every foul/dive.

I really don't like them anymore, regardless of pepe and nando

Well i for one don't blame them; when the opposition is only short of donning balaclavas they've every right to seek protection, the first half of that match was as big a display of thuggery i think i've seen on a football pitch for a long time. The Dutch were a disgrace and Kuyt is having a laugh saying Webb favoured them, how they started the second half with 11 men is one of lifes true mysteries.

Well i for one don't blame them; when the opposition is only short of donning balaclavas they've every right to seek protection, the first half of that match was as big a display of thuggery i think i've seen on a football pitch for a long time. The Dutch were a disgrace and Kuyt is having a laugh saying Webb favoured them, how they started the second half with 11 men is one of lifes true mysteries.

This.

No mystery mate, it's called Howard Webb.

The Dutch are all up in arms over Webb but imagine this:

Robben manages to chip Casillas. Holland hang on to win 1-0 or 2-0 with a counter attack goal. How do you think it would go down in Spain? I'd be fucking livid, in fact, I'd be fucking livid if it went to penalties and Holland won. I really wanted Holland to win for the people of the country and Kuyt, not so much for the players.And I found the Spanish (Capdevilla especially) right up there with the vintage Italian displays of, as Monty says, shithousery. When Iniesta's goal went in I was glad but also gutted that it was him.

I don't think one poster on here could make a case for Holland finishing with 11 men and I also think that the fellow who finally got sent off was the least guilty culprit. Maybe people are laughing on here because he's a blue, but there were at least 4 players ahead of him who were more worthy.

As well, all of you admonishing v. Bommel did you not worship Souness (the player)? I bet to a man if I started a thread saying whose harder, Sooey or v. Bommel it'd be a 30 pager of Souness would eat v. Bommels balls for lunch and spit them down Robben throat, then perform a Heimleich manouver and retrieve tham and shove them up v. Bommels arse using v. Persie's cock that he'd just snapped off in a tackle.

I bet Jocky liked have a Souness in his sqaud, or Tommy Smith. Hardly angelic beautiful football players. In fact, I bet Keegan, Dalglish were also glad for the likes of Smith and Souness.

Anyway, back to Webb for the last time:

Maybe, just maybe, Howard the Duck is thinking....holy fuck, the Dutch have kicked four bells of a Swiss cow out of the Spaniards, imagine the uproar if total thuggery gets their hands on the trophy. deJongs kung fu special, van Bommel, Sneijder fouls that should have been punished...Robben in his face and all the times before having Robben in his face in PL games.....just maybe subconscioiusly the decisions (no corner, Elias no folu) start to go Spains way. He is human as that odious turd Blatter says; I'd be thinkin it I know that.

Anyway, I've said enough about Howie. No more Webb post for me.