You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How many people actually know the score and how many are just caught up on a "look at my naughty words, I fit in yay" tangent?

I mean I'd love someone to tell me what he did that was so incredibly wrong and you can start with the Standard Chartered deal which again has been roundly vilified without cause and the goalposts moved by Ayre fans when it suits.

What is this thing with "Liverpool fans" that every slight is taken a million miles out of proportion and then held against someone for the rest of their life.

Please explain what he did and don't just say "he lied to the fans".

You only have to look at the hysteria over Roy's apointment to see how far overboard our pantamime brigade on here go.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point proven. You state something as fact then say you think. I love how Liverpool Footballl Club apparently abandon business protocol when it suits.

gkmacca also said he's being investigated by journos because he's a cunt.

So I'm in the "look at my naughty words, I fit in yay" group.

to start, he had nothing to do with the SC deal

he lied over the SOS minutes

he lied over the amount we've spent

he lied about contract renewals having no impact on transfer funds

I could go on

I know for a fact he did have a part to play in the SC deal and so does anyone who isn't caught up in the propoganda.

I couldn't give a flying fuck in a high wind about SOS and if you go into more detail about the "lie" it was a "lie" any smart business man would make and was better not only for him but also the club. In the real world, not a big deal unless spun to be so and make yet another enemy in the war on terror....

Feel free to expand on the last point and do go on.

Point proven. You state something as fact then say you think. I love how Liverpool Footballl Club apparently abandon business protocol when it suits.

It didn't abandon business protocol.It was Ayres job to rake in the sponsorship as he headed up that side of the business. Purslows remit was to bring in investment.

Nobody can be 100% sure exactly what happened behind the scenes, but it wasn't Purslows' job to deal with standard chartered. He turned up when the photo opps started.

He is on SOS record as being a lying cunt. That is evidenced.

I know for a fact he did have a part to play in the SC deal and so does anyone who isn't caught up in the propoganda.

I couldn't give a flying fuck in a high wind about SOS and if you go into more detail about the "lie" it was a "lie" any smart business man would make and was better not only for him but also the club. In the real world, not a big deal unless spun to be so and make yet another enemy in the war on terror....

Feel free to expand on the last point and do go on.

I get the impression you wont be convinced by anything anyone says, as is your right, so I wont waste my time

How many people actually know the score and how many are just caught up on a "look at my naughty words, I fit in yay" tangent?

I mean I'd love someone to tell me what he did that was so incredibly wrong and you can start with the Standard Chartered deal which again has been roundly vilified without cause and the goalposts moved by Ayre fans when it suits.

What is this thing with "Liverpool fans" that every slight is taken a million miles out of proportion and then held against someone for the rest of their life.

You only have to look at the hysteria over Roy's apointment to see how far overboard our pantamime brigade on here go.

Why would the man who was initially put in place to bring in investment into the club be conducting negotiations with Standard Chartered while the man specifically put there to conduct that sort of negotiations not be involved?

So - to your specific question, what has he done wrong.

FAILED to bring in the £100 Mill investment to the club.

Lied about the SOS meeting minutes.

Lied about the transfer budget being bigger than previous years

Lied about contract extensions and the source of them.

Completely and utterly ignored "The Liverpool way" of things by doing his business via the tabloids.

Lots and lots more.

I know for a fact he did have a part to play in the SC deal

No you don't - he wasn't here when SC were brought to the table. Stop making things up to make yourself "Fit in".

I couldn't give a flying fuck in a high wind about SOS and if you go into more detail about the "lie" it was a "lie" any smart business man would make and was better not only for him but also the club.

So a lie is not a lie if it suits your stance on a particular subject? Schoolboy stuff that. How and in what way did his lies benefit the club?

Why would the man who was initially put in place to bring in investment into the club be conducting negotiations with Standard Chartered while the man specifically put there to conduct that sort of negotiations not be involved?

So - to your specific question, what has he done wrong.

FAILED to bring in the £100 Mill investment to the club.

Lied about the SOS meeting minutes.

Lied about the transfer budget being bigger than previous years

Lied about contract extensions and the source of them.

Completely and utterly ignored "The Liverpool way" of things by doing his business via the tabloids.

Lots and lots more.

And you can guarantee that, even after all that, some helmet will be on here defending him.

Guest TK-421

He undermined the last manager and generally acts the cunt. That's how it appears from the outside, anyway.

I'm pretty sure he'll shaft Roy if/when things go tits up.

I get the impression you wont be convinced by anything anyone says, as is your right, so I wont waste my time

On the contrary the main reason to start this thread was to get the opinions of people like yourself who arn't so far up your own ass that you just 100% claim fact and hae a good insight into what is/has happened without claiming it as gospel.

Thank you for your input.

As far as the Ayres Purslow thing goes my point was that Purslow didn't claim the deal as his own and did site the whole commercial team and was merely doing his job!

To expand on this point did anyone roundly abuse our lack of foresight in the Carlsberg deal by picking out individuals and abusing them daily ?

I love the idea that him "lying" which was not lying it was asking for something to be ommited as he spoke out of turn towards his employers is a reason to roundly abuse him. I only hope I never have to go against the gods of SOS but given how wide of the mark their targets are at the moment I could be next in line.

STICK TO THE YANKS, THEY ARE THE PROBLEM.

I can't stand SOS but the enemy of my enemy is my friend and there are only TWO enemies that need ridding of.

Negged for being completely fucking stupid and Ian Ayre got the sponsorship deal which he was working on long before fuck face got here

Parry and Moores were consistantly lambasted for failing to make the most of our commercial deals, Carlsberg being one and the bizarre one with Adidas which meant they got the revenue from all shirts sold outside the UK or something ridiculous

I dont know if Purslow has tried to pass off the SC deal as his own or not, that doesnt matter to me, I just dont think it should be used to support his cause as I think he had little to do with it

Did he or did he not sign off and present the deal to the media as his job and as is the closing of any deal at a big company?

He did, didn't he. As I said before your post as well he gave FULL credit to the commercial team, thus he did his job. Point being the fact he wasn't here in the negotiating stages is another stupid stick used to beat him with.

Lying is stating something which is untrue, it is not asking for something to be removed from minutes as it would jeopardise his job.

You are Cecil Purslow and I collect my £5.

If you're not, oh deary me.

As far as the Ayres Purslow thing goes my point was that Purslow didn't claim the deal as his own and did site the whole commercial team and was merely doing his job!

Make your mind up lad - a minute ago it was "I know for a fact he did have a part to play in the SC deal" now your saying he simply acknowledged that it was the commercial team that did the job.

I love the idea that him "lying" which was not lying it was asking for something to be ommited as he spoke out of turn towards his employers is a reason to roundly abuse him.

Have you actually read both versions of the minutes? I don't think you have if you're honestly making claims that it was just the bits about the Leeches that he wanted to change. Minutes of a meeting reflect what actually went on and what was said in that meeting not what you wish had been said. The ground rules for the meeting and the minutes were agreed up front well before both parties got together. He Lied!