You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Election Night

I just hope this gives Labour a chance to take stock and go at these bastards.

They are there for the taking.

Dont make me fucking laugh. The Labour party ceased being the party of the working class a long long time ago. Ask yourself this how many of the 35% that didn't vote are disillusioned Labour supporters who couldn't vote for Labour and wouldn't vote for anybody else. Ask yourself why so many kids at Uni are looking for a carreer in politics, it's the quickest way onto the gravy train the world over mate.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we judge them on what? On Margaret Thatcher? Should we have judge Blair on The Winter of Discontent? Should we judge America on the KKK? Times change, things move on.

If anybody is suprised when there are tax rises then they're a window licking nodder. We have this little thing you may have heard of called the deficit?

Anyway, I'm going to the pub to watch the footy before them nasty ConLibs shut them all down!

So, is it OK to post links from The Sun now then?

Isn't remembering the Thatcher legacy and being very wary of one of her disciples just the same as judging The Sun on its Editor and its behaviour 21 years ago?

The Tories are, were and always will be a divisive, slash and burn party who dont care a shit about society, community and social justice, The Sun is, was and always be a sensationalist, right wing comic who peddle scurrilous lies to sell papers. On the one hand it is universally accepted that one should always be remembered for what it was and what it did and because it suits the agenda of a few, another is to be forgiven because 'times change and things move on'. Which is it?

NOBODY got more than 36% of the vote, what are we supposed to do, keep having elections until someone gets 50%?

We could always try something really crazy, maybe keep recounting and redistributing the votes until someone reaches 50%.

Nah, that's just daft ;-)

Edited by RoboRiise

David-Cameron-and-Nick-Cl-007.jpg

DC: I came along

I wrote a song for you

And all the things you do

And it was called Yellow

NC: So then I took my turn

Oh what a thing to have done

And it was all Yellow

Both: Your skin

Oh yeah, your skin and bones

Turn into something beautiful

And you know,

You know I love you so

You know I love you so

NC: I swam across

I jumped across for you

Oh what a thing to do

'cause you were all yellow

DC: I drew a line

I drew a line for you

Oh what a thing to do

And it was all yellow

Both: Your skin

Oh yeah, your skin and bones

Turn into something beautiful

D'you know? For you I bleed myself dry

For you I bleed myself dry

Guest Numero Veinticinco
there's a version of the Apprentice with kids in it at the moment. WTF!

LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE, CLEGG. LOOK.

So we judge them on what? On Margaret Thatcher? Should we have judge Blair on The Winter of Discontent? Should we judge America on the KKK? Times change, things move on.

If anybody is suprised when there are tax rises then they're a window licking nodder. We have this little thing you may have heard of called the deficit?

Anyway, I'm going to the pub to watch the footy before them nasty ConLibs shut them all down!

Judging people who believe strongly in an ideology force-fed to a nation by Thatcher is fair and right. Your other two points of reference are worthless.

The Tories are virtually the same beast as they were under Thatcher, that's why it's a valid point. They still believe in that neoliberal bollocks.

So, is it OK to post links from The Sun now then?

Isn't remembering the Thatcher legacy and being very wary of one of her disciples just the same as judging The Sun on its Editor and its behaviour 21 years ago?

The Tories are, were and always will be a divisive, slash and burn party who dont care a shit about society, community and social justice, The Sun is, was and always be a sensationalist, right wing comic who peddle scurrilous lies to sell papers. On the one hand it is universally accepted that one should always be remembered for what it was and what it did and because it suits the agenda of a few, another is to be forgiven because 'times change and things move on'. Which is it?

Pretty fucking disgraceful post that Paddy.

Who is the shadow cabinet then, Labour or the Lib Dems?

Labour, or at least they will be when they elect a new leader!

While they are jostling for deckchairs on Titanic II, the rest of us will be getting on with fixing the country.

ID cards already kicked into touch today, in one day the coalition government has done more good than Labour did in 13 years :yes:

Oh, and the "strontium dog is a cunt" tag is back, my fucking sides have split :whatever:

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I'm exaggerating.

But nobody here can seriously think that ID cards were anything but a disgraceful intrusion into our privacy?

Yeah, the Tories.

BBC NEWS | UK | UK Politics | Conservative backing for ID cards

I jest, of course, they've now changed their mind due to the uproar. They'd like nothing me than for all of us to be chipped but that would lose votes. I just don't think we should fall into the trap of the Conservatives being against them and Labour being for them. Many in Conservatives would love it and many in the Labour party are against it.

I'm looking forward to a new way of thinking from the Labour party that now both Punch and Judy are going.

The ID Cards are a horrific notion. Financially they don't make sense and ethically they are pretty 1984.

While they are jostling for deckchairs on Titanic II, the rest of us will be getting on with fixing the country.

ID cards already kicked into touch today, in one day the coalition government has done more good than Labour did in 13 years :yes:

I hope you enjoy your five minutes in the sun mate. You'll never be forgiven for getting into bed with the Tories, making Cameron PM and Osbourne Foreign Sec. Those photos yesterday have made plenty physically sick.

Can't wait for the next election. I already know Lib Dem members who will never vote for the party again.

If 1 in 10 Lib Dem voters switch to Labour you'll lose 10 seats, if 1 in 5 switch it will be even more. With plenty of Labour-Lib Dem marginals election night will be juicy.

Get ready to go back to 1992 levels of MPs.

I'll probably get negged for this, but fuck it, I miss Tony Blair.

[YOUTUBE]QpZhugomNJE[/YOUTUBE]

I miss him too Pal.

Finest Prime Minister the country has ever had, bar none.

A truly awesome talent.

Come back Tony , the nation needs you more than ever.