You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Protest Idea!!

danindub

Right not sure if this is possible , but had a idea for a protest.

We are Liverpool what are we renound for? Football and music. My idea is that there must be a budding musician or band on here somewhere and some one who produces videos. Could we record a version of YNWA with a protest video and release it for download. Get it to number 1 and keep it there till they have gone (cant even bring myself to type there names). Ths is just a idea and i am not sure how the logistics would work. Not sure if there is copyright or anything to prevent this but surely if we made it a charity single (donate proceeds to alderhay hospital or something) then it may be possible. Say charge 1 pound a download (again not sure on rules with pricing records for the chart). I would gladly buy 5 or 10 copys a week to get my point across to the yanks, because i wont be buying any shirts or merchandise till they are gone.

As i say just a idea, would like to here others views on this and whether it is possible.

Apoligys if posted thread in wrong place. Feel free to copy and paste to other sites if u feel it will help our course.

I came to think about something the other day. Why doesn't SOS stop the club from making a profit of using chants and songs in ringtones, or at least make sure the profits are used for the good of the club? Not a huge problem, but it might have some symbolic value.

I came to think about something the other day. Why doesn't SOS stop the club from making a profit of using chants and songs in ringtones, or at least make sure the profits are used for the good of the club? Not a huge problem, but it might have some symbolic value.

Is there not something on your ticket saying that when you enter the ground they can do whatever the fuck they want to do with your image etc.

Not a great idea anyway.

How about stickers like the Justice ones..not wanting to take anything away from that cause at all but it must be fairly easy to create a design, something along the lines of 'Not Welcome 'etc...and cant be that dear to print off rolls..then hand them out at the games, stick them everywhere.etc...small but would be noticable...

you can get to number 1 these days with less than 100,000 singles sold. Depending on the week it can actually be as little 20 thousand or so.

It is a decent idea, in theory, but I don't think you could use YNWA (it would be prohibitively expensive for the rights) and it would also take a well known act to record it, produce it, release it and promote it, none which is cheap.

Ian McCullloch from Echo and the Bunnymen, for example, might be persuaded in to doing something but there would have to be funds available and I have no idea on his stance on the ownership situation. You'd be amazed how clueless even some of match-going Reds actually are. It's scary.

Not a terrible idea actually.

How about a sticky on here to come up with suggestions on protest methods? Any time there is an organised protest, lots of people on here have a view on it, so how about channelling that creativity into something more positive? The SOS guys, or others, might be able to use the better suggestions to enhance the strategy.

No such thing as a bad idea, and all that.....

Im not that dan.. Who is he your long lost brother? So as little as 20000 we could do that easy.. Dont think it would that important to get a famous name to do it(although would be good) as it is the message we are sending. Anyone know any thing about copyright, would you be able to get round it as it would be a charity single?

Edited by danindub