You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

Hodgson is simply not wanted by the vast majority of fans and by the man they put in charge of head hunting the next manager, if he is appointed it will be a Purslow appointment made for the wrong reasons.

I'll be amazed if he lasts the year and make no mistake, if it goes wrong Purslow and this rotten board along with the press will hang him out to dry to save their own scrawny necks. I wonder if he knows what he is getting into

Someone should start a book on what the crowd will be for the first home game of the season if Hodgson leads them.

I'll go for 21,450 - give or take 50.

So what we talking? 8? 10?

You honestly think that Hodgson's appointment will cause mutiny? Fuck me, we've had far worse problems (and still have) with other current owner situation and yet still fans have turned out in their droves. Anyone saying they will not go, will go out of curiosity if nothing else and if not then there's a whole boatful of daytrippers who will fill in the gaps. And that is why the Yanks are still here.....

You honestly think that Hodgson's appointment will cause mutiny? Fuck me, we've had far worse problems (and still have) with other current owner situation and yet still fans have turned out in their droves. Anyone saying they will not go, will go out of curiosity if nothing else and if not then there's a whole boatful of daytrippers who will fill in the gaps. And that is why the Yanks are still here.....

hmmm

Hodgson is simply not wanted by the vast majority of fans and by the man they put in charge of head hunting the next manager, if he is appointed it will be a Purslow appointment made for the wrong reasons.

I'll be amazed if he lasts the year and make no mistake, if it goes wrong Purslow and this rotten board along with the press will hang him out to dry to save their own scrawny necks. I wonder if he knows what he is getting into

Been thinking the same thing, maybe someone should drop him a line, make sure he knows exactly what he's letting himself in for..

Masch has 'already gone' for me. Its now just case of playing off all the interested parties to get the most cash. I doubt even Maradona would be able keep the traiterous little gringo at Anfield, forget who salvaged his ailing career.

Todays trivia, gringo means a foreigner usually of UK/US/Caucasian descent. It's a Spanish/Portuguese word.

I agree we have had far worse problems - how many far worse FOOTBALL problems have we had though?

If they fill the ground they'll have to work a lot harder than normal, they'll have to advertise ticket availability, they'll have to employ staff on the day of the game to sell tickets. It'll send a message - a midweek, Euro game against the little known Kazhakstani "Globular Still rim shiners FC" will be almost empty.

That should get their concentration.

Guest PurpleNose
Todays trivia, gringo means a foreigner usually of UK/US/Caucasian descent. It's a Spanish/Portuguese word.

I think in this context the assertion is that Mascherano isn't proper Latin.

I agree we have had far worse problems - how many far worse FOOTBALL problems have we had though?

If they fill the ground they'll have to work a lot harder than normal, they'll have to advertise ticket availability, they'll have to employ staff on the day of the game to sell tickets. It'll send a message - a midweek, Euro game against the little known Kazhakstani "Globular Still rim shiners FC" will be almost empty.

That should get their concentration.

I would agree for early stages Europa ties with minnows, but i still reckon the Prem games will be sold out without much by way of additional effort.

As for the football side of things I would also agree that it would not be in any way an inspirational appointment, but I would question whether there would be the same level of vitriol levelled at Roy, if Dalglish had not allegedly ruled himself in (which we don't know to be fact). I am also wary as to whether Dalglish has such a dim view of Hodgson as widely reported. The same reporters didn't have a scooby that he was meeting with Pellegrini and had to rely on some poster on YNWA for the info FFS! Additionally, Pellegrini had sporadic support on here til the news of the Dalglish met broke and then he's allegedly the man for the job! The fickle nature of football support eh?

FWIW' date=' Buxton's just reported a denial by the club that Kenny's quit[/quote']

Richard Buxton criticised another website recently for publishing an 'unsubstantiated' rumour that Dalglish was prepared to quit the club.

What a hypocrite he is.