You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watched this game and the way Rooney went down and the way he was holding his ankle. He must have definetly heard something pop. Also when interviewing fergie after the game he said that he had got a kick on the ankle.

Its a fact that Sir Alex lies out of his ass. Also after his scan the independent was saying he had a tear and would be out for 4-6 weeks.

Now if Manchester united had said that Rooney's injury had ended his season it would have a massive effect on the morale of the team but if you say he could be back in 2 weeks, what a boost for the chelsea and munich games.

Is this another mind game.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if he is back in 2-3 weeks, what a pisser for Arsenal, who have lost Fabregas and Gallas for the season, and maybe even Arshavin. ManU players don't get the really big injuries when it matters most. Yes the players may get niggles throughout the season, but so often, their opponents oblige by making ManU's weakened squad look a class apart. So the effect has little impact.

Ferguson's interview with the Sky guy after the match was wonderful. When it was pointed out to the lush that Rooney didn't get a kick Ferguson went all lost Altzheimer man on us. "Aye". When asked what foot was damaged he said "Don't know". In two questions he had gone from confident but concerned sports coach to puzzled pensioner.

You know what, the people asking why anyone cares as we are not playing them are absolutely right. I don't care one little bit of they go on and win the European Cup again and the league for a fourth year running. It has no effect on us and they are not in any way that weird thing called "rivals" as that doesn't really exist and hopefully everyone wins and we can all be hapy for them all. Come on football!

Pfft....

Guest PurpleNose
But...but....but what about England????

The whole country is struggling to breathe because of Rooney's injury.

I know this because SSN told me earlier.

I would love to be wrong about this one, but I doubt it.

If he does not start tomorrow thats nice but I cant see him not playing on Wednesday.

Are you prepared to eat your words on this one?

Or will you backpedal and squirm around like a little girl?

Guest Pistonbroke
You know what, the people asking why anyone cares as we are not playing them are absolutely right. I don't care one little bit of they go on and win the European Cup again and the league for a fourth year running. It has no effect on us and they are not in any way that weird thing called "rivals" as that doesn't really exist and hopefully everyone wins and we can all be hapy for them all. Come on football!

Pfft....

I agree mate. Those who are saying they don't give a shit will probably be still reading about it. Must make a better fan if you ignore everything that isn't LFC.

I agree mate. Those who are saying they don't give a shit will probably be still reading about it. Must make a better fan if you ignore everything that isn't LFC.

Them not winning number 19 is important to me. We're England's most successful club until they do and, while I know the future is more important, our glorious history is what our club's built on. So I hope his ankle's fucked. Sorry if I shouldn't be giving a shit.

I would love to be wrong about this one, but I doubt it.

If he does not start tomorrow thats nice but I cant see him not playing on Wednesday.

I expect a full apology to the forum if Rooney doesnt start next Wednesday. If he does then we can all pretend this little event never took place.