You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Agger

Antynwa

I like Daniel Agger and think if he could stay fit, he could develop into a top class ball playing centre back.

I still think we need to try and find a young dominant centre half who can be the long-term successor to Hyypia. David Wheater or Ryan Shawcross would be my choice.

whatever happened wheater

Agger is basically saying Rodgers couldn't coach a team to defend to save his life. We never conceded less than 43 goals in a league season under his tenure.

I wonder who's in the right here.

disgruntled player having a go at manager who sold him.

for all his stylishness we won a league cup while he was here. some great nights etc but we won fuck all.

disgruntled player having a go at manager who sold him.

for all his stylishness we won a league cup while he was here. some great nights etc but we won fuck all.

At least he won a league cup,  Rodgers won nothing at all. Regardless I don't see why his Liverpool career should be measured solely in trophies when his performances were generally very good to excellent and he played at the highest level throughout his time here.

• Upvote 1

Agger is basically saying Rodgers couldn't coach a team to defend to save his life. We never conceded less than 43 goals in a league season under his tenure.

I wonder who's in the right here.

Those comments are embarrassing from Agger and he should have kept them to himself.Hes getting beasted by Bony and the manager asks the cbs to get closer to Swanseas main threat.Agger stands up and says they were doing what the manger was telling them to do in training, seriously?

He then comes out for the second half, continues to play shit and when he gets subbed thinks it's because of his comments at half time.Some people just can't accept when they are in the wrong, maybe Agger would have preferred it if Rodgers had a cuntish side and embarrassed him in front of everyone in the dressing room.

• Downvote 4

So the rumour was right. Some feat to shut Rodgers up.

Things came to a head again when, according to Agger, there was a heated conversation between him and Rodgers at half-time against Swansea City on 23 February 2014. Rodgers was criticising the two central defenders, Skrtel and Agger, for letting Wilfried Bony have too much of the ball.

“Everyone was quiet but I stood up and said: ‘How can you stand there and say that when we are only doing what you have been going on about all week.’

“Rodgers looked at me and muttered: ‘Whatever.’ I was substituted 12 minutes later.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/jul/20/daniel-agger-liverpool-story-athletes-pills?CMP=share_btn_tw

Some magnificent character shown by Agger there, but Rodgers' tactics just lacked that wee bit of sense.

• Upvote 1

So the rumour was right. Some feat to shut Rodgers up.

Things came to a head again when, according to Agger, there was a heated conversation between him and Rodgers at half-time against Swansea City on 23 February 2014. Rodgers was criticising the two central defenders, Skrtel and Agger, for letting Wilfried Bony have too much of the ball.

“Everyone was quiet but I stood up and said: ‘How can you stand there and say that when we are only doing what you have been going on about all week.’

“Rodgers looked at me and muttered: ‘Whatever.’ I was substituted 12 minutes later.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/jul/20/daniel-agger-liverpool-story-athletes-pills?CMP=share_btn_tw

He just gets us.

Those comments are embarrassing from Agger and he should have kept them to himself.Hes getting beasted by Bony and the manager asks the cbs to get closer to Swanseas main threat.Agger stands up and says they were doing what the manger was telling them to do in training, seriously?

He then comes out for the second half, continues to play shit and when he gets subbed thinks it's because of his comments at half time.Some people just can't accept when they are in the wrong, maybe Agger would have preferred it if Rodgers had a cuntish side and embarrassed him in front of everyone in the dressing room.

*Quack*

• Upvote 1

At least he won a league cup, Rodgers won nothing at all. Regardless I don't see why his Liverpool career should be measured solely in trophies when his performances were generally very good to excellent and he played at the highest level throughout his time here.

he wins the trophy for very good to excellent performances. rodgers got the boot rightly for not winning anything in 3 years. rafa got the boot for winning nothing in 4 years. there were polls on here in 07 and 08 to see if rafa should stay. thats a year after winning the fa cup and 2 years after winning the cl. thats the standard. you re only as good as your last season.

*ahem*

• Upvote 1

there were polls on here in 07 and 08 to see if rafa should stay. thats a year after winning the fa cup and 2 years after winning the cl. thats the standard. you re only as good as your last season.

Unfortunately as to actual performance, that has proven to be the blip - not the standard. 

Spot on, JP.

It's always been a pleasure coming on here and reading the thoughts of you lads ( and lassies) about the team and the club,so when I saw that Daniel had been talking about his career,I thought I'd come on to read some interesting comments,only to find that Pennant had started yet another argument.So fuck it I've better this to do so I'm off.YNWA

Too fucking right

See the Adam Johnson thread

No thanks, the ones who were wrong thought I was saying something else.Its been discussed since and the proof is there for all to see about what my point was, the ones trying to carry on talking shit about it are those who get hurt when people they love at the club get criticsed.A better example would be the Rodgers thread where there is people taking the piss out of Rodgers for certain things but will praise Klopp for doing the same things worse.

• Downvote 1

It's always been a pleasure coming on here and reading the thoughts of you lads ( and lassies) about the team and the club,so when I saw that Daniel had been talking about his career,I thought I'd come on to read some interesting comments,only to find that Pennant had started yet another argument.So fuck it I've better this to do so I'm off.YNWA

So you saw the article where Agger was talking about certain things, you wanted to go somewhere and read nothing but positive things about him.Maybe you should find a Daniel Agger fan site.

People are discussing the things he said in that interview, if you look back you will see I replied to someone who said he was saying he didn't have a good relationship with the manager because of the reasons he gave.Others including myself have given their views on his opinion, I bet you would have had no problem if the whole thread was discussing the same thing but everyone was on Aggers side.

Some people need to get shagged. Creating personas, duplicating them and keeping up the pretence for years is truly odd behaviour. A word of advice that should be heeded, get out, meet some people, and probably lose weight. Living in a dream world is not all it's cracked up to be.

Ask Peter Pan. Atleast he got some from Wendy though.

• Upvote 2

So you saw the article where Agger was talking about certain things, you wanted to go somewhere and read nothing but positive things about him.Maybe you should find a Daniel Agger fan site.

People are discussing the things he said in that interview, if you look back you will see I replied to someone who said he was saying he didn't have a good relationship with the manager because of the reasons he gave.Others including myself have given their views on his opinion, I bet you would have had no problem if the whole thread was discussing the same thing but everyone was on Aggers side.

Spot on, JP.

Some people need to get shagged. Creating personas, duplicating them and keeping up the pretence for years is truly odd behaviour. A word of advice that should be heeded, get out, meet some people, and probably lose weight. Living in a dream world is not all it's cracked up to be.

Ask Peter Pan. Atleast he got some from Wendy though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zo-YVqV0v4Q

No mate you're wrong again,I was brought up on Ron Yeats,Thompson,Smith and co,Agger is neither here nor there to to me.I just thought that someone might come on with an interesting story.But within two seconds,we get Rodgers is a genius,I told you so,I'm right every body else is wrong,Klopps a cunt,there I told you so.You are the cunt mate,and if you don't like the way Liverpool fc is run, or you don't like the New manager,why don't you follow your darling into oblivion and support Celtic,or better still go and play on the motorway.