You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Comedy Tuesdays part I

Lucky Pierre

Right, so the Big Cup™ starts again tonight, and (probably for TV and money reasons) the first legs been split into 4 matchdays.

Today's fixtures are AC Milan v Man Utd (not that we've heard anything of this over the past fortnight) and Lyon v Rrreal Madrid.

Now we all know that the fans of these 4 clubs all want to take part in Europe's premier club competition on Thursday, but unfortunately, they don't have the chance. So, who's going to win, who's going to score, who's going to be as chuffed as John Terry when he sees a new teammate's WAG walk in the training ground?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly OT but the reference to Comedy Tuesdays set me thinking about our friends from over the park.

Had a pint with me best mate - season ticket holder in the upper bullens - early saturday evening and he was fucking livid about their kick off time tonight at 17.45. Their game was switched to avoid ours and apparently UEFA won't let them kick off at 8 to avoid clashing with the UCL.

He was crying in his pint about what Scottie will be like tonight before the match and wasn't too impressed when I pointed out that they all lived on County Road anyway and they'd probably only get 12,000. Its all part of the UEFA anti blue agenda along with Collina, Purple Aki missing his peno against Fiorentina, Liverpool being allowed to defend the trophy in 2005/06 etc etc.

Made me laugh anyway.

With regards to the UCL can't see ACM troubling Utd over the two legs although tonight might be interesting if Milan get the first. I don't rate Utd but saw Milan in the recent derby and thought they were shocking.

Real Madrid in the other for me.

UEFA rules state that 2 sets of away fans cannot be in the same city less than 48 hours between games, as Liverpool are kicking off Thursday night, we have to kick off 50 hours before them.

I've got a feeling they'll be a few evertonians with doctors apointments this avo :D

AFC Unirea Urziceni beat Northwich Victoria 1-0 last night in a warm up match. For those of you who don't know Northwich are in the Blue Square North!!

Hopefully we'll be 5-0 up at half time and we can rest some of the lads playing on Sunday.

Unfortunately though the FA cup performances against reading are still fresh in the mind though so i think this might be a tad unlikely!!

UEFA rules state that 2 sets of away fans cannot be in the same city less than 48 hours between games, as Liverpool are kicking off Thursday night, we have to kick off 50 hours before them.

I've got a feeling they'll be a few evertonians with doctors apointments this avo :D

AFC Unirea Urziceni beat Northwich Victoria 1-0 last night in a warm up match. For those of you who don't know Northwich are in the Blue Square North!!

Hopefully we'll be 5-0 up at half time and we can rest some of the lads playing on Sunday.

Unfortunately though the FA cup performances against reading are still fresh in the mind though so i think this might be a tad unlikely!!

All a bit confusing these UEFA rules and I'm sure they change them as and when.

When we were in Madrid last February I'm sure Atletico played Porto the night before we played in the Bernabeu. There were definitely Porto fans in the Plaza Major the night before our game at any rate.

i cant beleive were in this shit pot trophy..............the only way id have any interest is if we gave patches and ldv a go upfront

The one saving grace would be a few days in Hamburg in May. If we are in it then I reckon we need to go full throttle to win the thing. I agree its only ever going to be a consolation to the European Cup but fuck me this club could do with a cup final to lift the spirits after the past few years. I'd hope that we went out with the attitude of making a statement and showing people we will be back next season, instead of lumbering threw the Unirea tie. This is our best chance to give players like Fernando their first big day out at a Cup Final with us, lift the mood going in to next season with hopefully some new owners too.

All a bit confusing these UEFA rules and I'm sure they change them as and when.

When we were in Madrid last February I'm sure Atletico played Porto the night before we played in the Bernabeu. There were definitely Porto fans in the Plaza Major the night before our game at any rate.

Ye was just about to say this was definatly porto fans in madrid.