Quantcast
So, Degen is pretty good now.. - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
myrlas

So, Degen is pretty good now..

...is he?

I see that too many days without us playing, gets to somones heads:

The latest; Degen makes people eating humble pie. He's done nothing wrong in the latest few matches. He gives 110%. He bonds with Kuyt. He was our most fouled player, so he must have been very good. He's hungry. He has the mentality Rafa talks about.

Ohhh yeah!

Are people so desperate for something positive that we rave around about everything with a red shirt like it's the adopted baby of Jesus and Muhammed who stepped down from up there?

I'm getting worried about our standards.

I think he's average and has done ok when played thge past few weeks.

I'd still sell him and i'd play Martin Kelly right back instead of him and Rodriguez should get picked right midfield ahead of him.

When we signed him, a former scout of german football commented on the transfer.

He said this:

"Philipp Degen is not an outrageous weak signing. When not injured the right back is first choice for his national team, without it says that much. Physical well equipped and his offensive orientation can often raise an eyebrow when he will run with power down the right flank. Quick on small surfaces, he is not, but if Degen is given enough room he can be difficult to stop. And it is in this offensive drive and the impressive physique that locates the boys two leading characteristics. The other strengths needed to assert itself as right back in the world's toughest league, and, not least, justify a transfer to the prestigious club Liverpool FC - I am talking about the defensive awareness and safety, positioning, fnever say die attitude and an end product of the offensive raids in the form of good crosses and constructive passing, well here scores Degen far too low to be of further assistance for a European top club."

He was right.

So to sum up; he's easy on the eye and doing a decent job of filling in lately, but ultimately not good enough.

You should have just posted that instead of twisting the situation for another lame dig at our fanbase.

When we signed him, a former scout of german football commented on the transfer.

He said this:

"Philipp Degen is not an outrageous weak signing. When not injured the right back is first choice for his national team, without it says that much. Physical well equipped and his offensive orientation can often raise an eyebrow when he will run with power down the right flank. Quick on small surfaces, he is not, but if Degen is given enough room he can be difficult to stop. And it is in this offensive drive and the impressive physique that locates the boys two leading characteristics. The other strengths needed to assert itself as right back in the world's toughest league, and, not least, justify a transfer to the prestigious club Liverpool FC - I am talking about the defensive awareness and safety, positioning, fnever say die attitude and an end product of the offensive raids in the form of good crosses and constructive passing, well here scores Degen far too low to be of further assistance for a European top club."

He was right.

He's a quality bleach based cleaning solvent and a middling full back.

So to sum up; he's easy on the eye and doing a decent job of filling in lately, but ultimately not good enough.

You should have just posted that instead of twisting the situation for another lame dig at our fanbase.

Send me a PM next time you feel like telling me what to think, and how to put it.

Thanks in advance.

Back to the reborn Degen...

Send me a PM next time you feel like telling me what to think, and how to put it.

Thanks in advance.

Back to the reborn Degen...

I'll just save it for your next stupid topic.