You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pepe - now best in the world?

WaltonRed

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffon and Casillas are both excellent keepers, I'd say Reina was on a par with them.

I'd agree with that.

It's arguable on form over the past twelve months or so, that Pepe has been better, but all three keepers have their different strengths which make them so good. I wouldn't swap Pepe for anyone though.

Was just on the BBC's gossip roundup. According to the Express (I know! I know!), Chelsea have their eyes set on Robert Green to replace Helmet. That's how far he's fallen. The Press have placed him worse than Robert Green.

I hope chelsea do go for Green. I think Cech is better anyway and it will be one less club sniffing around Pepe in the summer.

Green's ball distribution is miserable.

Not disputing that. An in-form Cech shits all over an in-form Green. Green's arguably no better than Cech is at the moment.

I still think Cech is being unfairly targetted (not that I care). There's uncertainty in the Chelsea defence, and no doubt Cech is a contributing factor to that. But it's a back 4 problem. Big Brave John Terry™ was shite against Everton at the weekend, but he's fireproof from the media.

All I'd say definitively is that I haven't seen anyone who's clearly better. I reckon he's on a par with Buffon and Casillas and only the vagaries of team form and international profile have prevented him being widely acknowledged as such.

The golden gloves should be awarded by panel rather than purely on clean sheets. Pepe would still have won the lions share since he's been here.

There's just no way that would have happened. Because despite what all us Liverpool fans have known for a good while now. Most people that aren't Liverpool fans would give it to someone else. Cech during his prime would have won it a few times, Friedel would have gotten it at least once. VDS would have been given it last season simply for that runs of clean-sheets and all the hype surrounding him for that.

There's just no way that would have happened. Because despite what all us Liverpool fans have known for a good while now. Most people that aren't Liverpool fans would give it to someone else. Cech during his prime would have won it a few times, Friedel would have gotten it at least once. VDS would have been given it last season simply for that runs of clean-sheets and all the hype surrounding him for that.

I'd say that depends who's on the panel. How about you, me and some other completely random neutral?

id still have Casillas just shading Pepe to be honest, his shot stopping is out of this world,

sure when we battered them last year in Anfield, if it wasnt for him making remarlable save after remarkable save, we`d have scored in double figures, and thats not exaggerating!!

as far as commanding of ones 18 yard box and distribution, i dont think anybody is better than Pepe, he`s definetly the worlds best in that department

i think people are underestimating shay given as well, consistantly great for nearly 10 years now, he`s a top top keeper

Pepe doesn't have to make as many glory saves though as he snuffs a lot of balls out before they become dangerous, sweeping behind the lines.

but you could argue we had a better defense last season, actually, there is no argument, we DID have a better defense than them last season, but i agree, Pepe definetly snuffs out alot of danger before it gets out of hand

my top 3 is Casillas

Pepe

Given