You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Secret Santa 2009

RedinSweden

LFCfanbymistake, what is your stance on people who can go to the library and hire an album for £1 legally?

The libraries aren't allowed to have brand new CDs (I think) as of course you'd be too tempted to copy it. It's legal to hire it but not legal to copy it. You're still paying the community for it so I'm not going to jump on peoples back if they hire a CD out of the library legitimately.

Not with my back anyway.

On the other hand if you're going to pay for a CD why not buy the damn thing, they're only a few quid more at your local indie shop.

EDIT: Sorry, this stance is probably better off elsewhere. Lets get back to the issue and neg some evil fucks.

Who wants to make a new list, compiling all the info from the previous 62 pages?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Secret Santa arrived today...the admin is even worse than mine as at least I give a track listing!!

Will review as soon as Ive had a few listens - but for fucks sake steve pull your finger out lad and let me know what this stuff is....

I did do a tracklisting on the first but done this one after a few jars...

I did draw on it for you...:yes:

Right, can I suggest everyone provides an update to their current status re sending and receiving.

Red Thorpey

Sent to DimReaper. Has been received. 2 of 4 discs reviewed (ahem...)

Has not yet received CD from discuit, although would appear to have been lost in post. Don't know if he's sending replacements...

In one list so they don't get lost. Oh, and I've corrected your spelling Robbie...

Red Thorpey

Has not yet received CD from discuit, although would appear to have been lost in post. Don't know if he's sending replacements...

RobbieOR

Sent CD to Owen has been received and reviewed.

Received from Fink and I reviewed it.

What about:

Sent, received, reviewed:

Sent, received, not reviewed:

Sent, not received:

Not sent:

Reveived & Reviewed:

Reveived not reviewed:

Not received:

And just put down your own name once in the top section, once in the bottom.

That's the shittest idea ever, Pierre.

Red Thorpey

RobbieOR

Woo

Sent CD to Stouff who has received and reviewed one out of the two discs.

Received CD from RiS and I have reviewed it.

No, it was Old Skool Tom who had a case of Secretus Santas Interruptus.

Red Thorpey

RobbieOR

And with that, my 2000th post. Many thanks to all here with whom I've shared some wonderful laughs.

Woo

Sent CD to Stouff who has received and reviewed one out of the two discs.

Received CD from RiS and I have reviewed it.

Doh'Nuts

Sent to Fowler's God who has received and is half way through his lengthy review.

Received from TK421 with a review and with thanks.

I am doing a review as I listen.... so here it goes

1. Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N' Roses always a favorite of mine and a great way to start off the disc.

2. All my Life - Foo Fighters Sticking with the upbeat rock tunage here. I am a massive Foo Fighters fan so this is well received

3. Metallica - Enter Sandman if this song doesn't get one fired up then I'm not sure what will. Great tune

4. All American Rejects - Dirty Little Secrets A bit poppy for my liking and a definite turn from the first three tracks

5. Bon Jovi - Living on A Prayer Takes me back to Uni on a Saturday night for 80s night, pegged jeans, over sized sneakers and making a right mong of myself

6. Pink Floyd - Brick In the Wall Classic tune from a top top band

7. Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven He's done well the last two tracks. Two tunes that peak the aceness meter for me

8. The Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright Never been a huge offspring fan. i know this was a hit over here but never got into them much

9. Green Day - Basket Case - A fucking top notch tune and this album (Dookie) was played quite a lot back in the day. Well done Si

10. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (live) -Iconic track from one of the best bands to ever come from Seattle.

11. Muse - Plug in Baby Never heard this tune as I never got into Muse. His vocals get on my verves a bit, but this bass line throughout the song is killer

12. Drowning Pool - Let The Bodies Hit The Floor Only song of there's I ever liked. Saw these dudes live at Ozzfest 03 (I think) and got absolutely battered in the mosh pit.

13. Evanescence - Bring Me To Life - Cant say I like this tune, and is really the only stinker thus far. The lead singer has always annoyed me with her vocals

14. My Chemical Romance - Famous Last Words - I run hot and cold on these guys. I think largely that they are shit and their following over here may be the biggest bunch of twats ever. With that said, this track is pretty good

15. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird - The transition from My Chem to Skynyrd took me by surprise has be hoping for a fantastic finish to the disc. I fucking love this track

16. Queen - Who Wants to Live Forever Not my favorite of Queen tracks. It just screams ballad and non creative

17. Papa Roach - Scars interesting way to end the disc. I think this was a weak effort by Papa Roach who had done much better on their previous album. I will also said that I have moshed and sung along to these words at a gig of theirs, so go figure.

All things considered Simon, great disc and I enjoyed the tunes. Only a couple songs I wasn't super familiar with, but the overall aceness of the other stuff propped it up.

Well done mate and again I'm sorry for being such a mong.

Repped

I received a second 2CD. This has been sent by someone wanting to surprise me. i actually remember someone saying they would a bit back or saying someone would or should. Anyway, it was an ace surprise and i have no idea who it was. i am not searching the thread to see if the same discs have been reviewed by someone else.

The CDs are entitled Rep and Neg. They are indie heavy with some 70s rock thrown in. I will give a full tracklisting and review when i get a bit more time. Until then, i would just like the person to know that i appreciate it greatly and i love them. More familiar tracks than i got off waffle, but some awesome new ones and songs from artists I know, but songs i don't. Sterling work, thou shalt be repped.