You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"How I turned a Torres Hat Trick into a criticism of Rafa" By Chris Bascombe

hamstrung

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is surely a far easier way to have a dig at Benitez with regard to Keane, and that is to question why he ever played him at all.

Typical Robbie Keane yesterday - shite defence, scores a lot of goals. No mention of the fact that he's fallen behind Crouch and Defoe in the front two and Redknapp has recently resorted to playing him out on the left of midfield.

Well this is strange. I've just nipped out to the newsagent to see for myself and the small box under a massive pic of Torres does not feature Keane's name in any way.

The one in mine does. It has a picture of both, and the headline Torres 3 and Keane 4 or something.

I can go buy it and scan it, if it would make you happy. I've no interest in making stuff up.

There is surely a far easier way to have a dig at Benitez with regard to Keane, and that is to question why he ever played him at all.

Typical Robbie Keane yesterday - shite defence, scores a lot of goals. No mention of the fact that he's fallen behind Crouch and Defoe in the front two and Redknapp has recently resorted to playing him out on the left of midfield.

Is that because he hasn't ?? as for the thread, if people hate Bascombe so much then STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM.

The guy is obviously now a complete idiot but more importantly he has become a very unprofessional journalist which I find very sad indeed. He went down this route with Houllier but that was when most of us wanted Houllier out, hardly a good idea to go down this road when Rafa will be here for as long as he wants to be here.

I defended him a few months ago and thought some of the criticism of him on here was OTT but it looks like I was wrong on that one.

Very sad to see a very good journalist go to pot.

Is that because he hasn't ?? as for the thread, if people hate Bascombe so much then STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM.

Unlikely until he stops talking about the club, don't you think?

I have never had a particular gripe with Bascombe, but his recent articles paint him as a very bitter man, who will resort to anything just to have a go at Benitez, even down to supporting the two people destroying our club.

It's bad enough that rag existing, let alone someone who always professed to be a Liverpool supporter peddling such poison on it's pages. He stated originally that he was going there to make a difference by writing decent stuff about us for them did he not?

So Chris B has artistic licence over headlines now as well??? Riiigggghht.

No one is talking about his artistic license over the headlines. No one is talking about the headline specifically.

Who fucking cares.

You evidently don't. In which case, there is nothing to stop you going to another thread and posting your usual hysterical knee-jerk pap and nonsensical metaphors. Consider yourself freed.

You evidently don't. In which case, there is nothing to stop you going to another thread and posting your usual hysterical knee-jerk pap and nonsensical metaphors. Consider yourself freed.

But it's only Bascombe he's only a football journalist who may or may not have an axe to grind. Every fucking Sunday it's the same and it proves my opinion correct.

Bad Journo's = Negative Comments

Good Journo's= Positive comments

Keane scored 4 goals and Torres scored 3, What is to say had they not been in the same team yesterday that they wouldn't have done well? We have trodden the same old ground about Keane so it's not worth going over that.

You are all what? Middle aged men and you are kicking off every Sunday like clockwork on a journalist who has a difference of opinion unproven or not. Honestly, if you want to make a point then just stop reading him online or stop buying the paper.

If you buy the paper, read his articles he's probably not going to give a shit what you or anybody else thinks because as far as he is concerned he is attracting people to read his articles, if only to call him a cunt AND HE'S GETTING PAID FOR IT.

Grow the fuck up.

But it's only Bascombe he's only a football journalist who may or may not have an axe to grind. Every fucking Sunday it's the same and it proves my opinion correct.

Keane scored 4 goals and Torres scored 3, What is to say had they not been in the same team yesterday that they wouldn't have done well? We have trodden the same old ground about Keane so it's not worth going over that.

You are all what? Middle aged men and you are kicking off every Sunday like clockwork on a journalist who has a difference of opinion unproven or not. Honestly, if you want to make a point then just stop reading him online or stop buying the paper.

If you buy the paper, read his articles he's probably not going to give a shit what you or anybody else thinks because as far as he is concerned he is attracting people to read his articles, if only to call him a cunt AND HE'S GETTING PAID FOR IT.

Grow the fuck up.

Grow the fuck up? Ace. Pipsqueak.

I realise the above is your standard response to any thread about journalists, so forgive me for not breaking it down point by point. Suffice to say, as is your wont, you haven't really understood the premise of the thread.

Get yourself off, and let the big boys talk.

Well this is strange. I've just nipped out to the newsagent to see for myself and the small box under a massive pic of Torres does not feature Keane's name in any way.

The one in mine does. It has a picture of both, and the headline Torres 3 and Keane 4 or something.

I can go buy it and scan it, if it would make you happy. I've no interest in making stuff up.

It may probably depend on the region where you're both from why its different. It doesn't mean it wasn't written though.

I genuinely couldn't care less any more. The last few articles he's written have really disappointed me, so much so, that i'm not going to bother getting worked up about him either way.

It really is pointless.

Exactly how I feel for what it's worth, the fact is as long as what he writes stays in the NOTW it means nothing.

We are a 2 man team apparently, zonal marking is a kin to witchcraft only practised by Rafa oh and by the way did you he's foreign not like that wonderful Mr Ferguson. The press and TV are turning into cliches now, may as well just watch the match with the sound off.

One overly tanned 'journalist' on sunday supplement, neil custis (not shaun!?), went to great lengths saying we rely to much on torres and gerrard, if those two arent fit we may struggle to finish in the top four!

Great, so we've gone from a one man team to a two man team. Never mind how well we did last season when G&T hardly played together!

I stopped watching in the end because it was clearly a load of shyte.

Grow the fuck up.

If you feel that strongly don't read the threads about journo's.

I'm more concerned by his recent conciliatory tone towards the owners and the effect it may have on a lot of our support who read the NotW, and who aren't as appraised of the issues as fans on the internet.

Bit arrogant to proclaim all internet fans are appraised of the issues regarding the club compared to people who don't use the internet isn't it?

What about match going fans who don't use the internet?