You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"How I turned a Torres Hat Trick into a criticism of Rafa" By Chris Bascombe

hamstrung

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
"Keane scored 4. Shame you never played them together Rafa"

Even Rashid would wince at that one.

Never played them together? What a weapon.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Shame to think he was once a Liverpool supporter.

There are only two possible reasons for that comment:

1. He didn't watch any matches when Keane was here.

2. He knows that he is wrong but is so desperate to take a dig at Rafa that he will make things up.

Considering his job is to do the first thing and then report on it, it doesn't leave many options.

We are a 2 man team apparently, zonal marking is a kin to witchcraft only practised by Rafa oh and by the way did you he's foreign not like that wonderful Mr Ferguson. The press and TV are turning into cliches now, may as well just watch the match with the sound off.

Horror of horrors you've made me go on their website just to check, and for the life of me I can't see that line in the match report.

There's also a big story about a potential new face-off between the Yanks, but this is what ends up being ahem 'debated' on here?

Yes, I'm a friend and yes he's made his bed now etc etc, but some of the stuff on here is getting like RAOTL.

Horror of horrors you've made me go on their website just to check, and for the life of me I can't see that line in the match report.

There's also a big story about a potential new face-off between the Yanks, but this is what ends up being ahem 'debated' on here?

Yes, I'm a friend and yes he's made his bed now etc etc, but some of the stuff on here is getting like RAOTL.

Its not on the match report its on the back page. No idea if its on the website, but if you want to pop to the shops, you'll see it there in black and white.

There are only two possible reasons for that comment:

1. He didn't watch any matches when Keane was here.

2. He knows that he is wrong but is so desperate to take a dig at Rafa that he will make things up.

Considering his job is to do the first thing and then report on it, it doesn't leave many options.

3rd possible reason the mans a fuckin cunt who is on a tirade against the manager and the club, not even his most diehard believers can stick up for Bascombe anymore.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
3rd possible reason the mans a fuckin cunt who is on a tirade against the manager and the club, not even his most diehard believers can stick up for Bascombe anymore.

Fairly sure that's covered by question two. Either way, it's fuckin' right :D

I'm just wondering why isn't in the match report?

McCarthy's his boss don't forget, I'd imagine what goes on the back page isn't much to do with the writers, more the editor and sub editors.

And "paraphrasing slightly" isn't the best basis for the usual witchhunt ;)

I have checked for you. We wouldn't want a witch hunt to get off on the wrong foot, after all.

The exact words, after discussing the fact Keane scored 4 ("showing Benitez what he can do" apparently) are "Shame Rafa didn't play the 2 of them together..."

Its got Bascombe's name on it.

The artistic license I have used is shocking, isn't it?

Normally, I could care less what he writes. Reading the above struck me as pathetic. Something even the ubermongs on here would think twice about.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Normally, I could care less what he writes. Reading the above just struck me as pathetic.

It's hatred, and it seeps from every article he writes. He doesn't show much journalistic objectivity. He is lucky to write for any paper at all, let alone a national Sunday paper, such as it is, because he is shabby at what he does.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Keane scored four goals. That's a good thing. His total for the season is now... erm... 5. It'll take much more than four goals against Burnley to think that we did something wrong. Keane got plenty of opportunity. Both to play with Torres and when Torres was injured. He was shit.

I have checked for you. We wouldn't want a witch hunt to get off on the wrong foot, after all.

The exact words, after discussing the fact Keane scored 4 ("showing Benitez what he can do" apparently) are "Shame Rafa didn't play the 2 of them together..."

Its got Bascombe's name on it.

The artistic license I have used is shocking, isn't it?

Normally, I could care less what he writes. Reading the above struck me as pathetic. Something even the ubermongs on here would think twice about.

I think you're wasting your breath mr strung , he writes for a shit sensationalist rag now

enough said.