You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

SpiritOfShankly

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't go to home games anymore so wont be across, but I'd hope that his car is picketed and he's not allowed out of it and has to leave the area because of it. This fucker cannot be allowed to enjoy another day at Anfield.

As an aside - Unrighteous's post above had me in stitches for some reason.

George Gillett visiting Anfield

Fri 25 Sep 2009

Spirit Of Shankly has been informed, via media reports and other sources, that George Gillett intends to be at Anfield tomorrow for the game against Hull, to entertain visitors. He plans to talk to them about branded LFC academies across the Middle East, and Nascar tracks being opened up over there. So whilst fans are still left wondering what exactly is going on behind the scenes, Gillett focuses on his main interests - leveraging the brand and making as much money for himself as possible.

As stated at our EGM, Tom Hicks and George Gillett are not welcome in Liverpool. We urge all members, to make it known to Gillett on his visit tomorrow, that he isn't wanted. Make it known at the airport, at the hotel and at the ground, that we don't want Gillett or Hicks anywhere near our club. If you have any information on where George Gillett will be staying during his visit please email directaction@spiritofshankly.com.

Tom & George - Not Welcome Here!

Spirit Of Shankly

On a serious note, I wouldn't want anyone getting in serious bother with the police or whatever, but this CUNT can NOT be allowed to watch the game in peace.

He has to be bombarded with abuse and paper aeroplanes, and possibly the occasional steaming hot scouse pie.

I reckon he'll be housed safely in one of the boxes though, the horrible shit house.

On a serious note, everyone should throw their weight behind this. It doesn't matter whether you're in the union or not. You don't need to be a member to put pressure on him. Back SOS on this. Make Gillett's life unbearable. Make him feel that not only does he not want to come to the game again, make him feel that he can't.

On a serious note, everyone should throw their weight behind this. It doesn't matter whether you're in the union or not. You don't need to be a member to put pressure on him. Back SOS on this. Make Gillett's life unbearable. Make him feel that not only does he not want to come to the game again, make him feel that he can't.

Especially if he's bringing visitors with him.

From what i've been reading lately it sounds like the yanks are doing all they can to raise our profile to potentail investors. Increasing our commercial revenue which will ultimately make us a greater proposition for the sale of the club. I can't help but get the feeling that fighing against them will only slow down this process meaning we're stuck with the lying cunts for longer.

It's a bit like being arse raped. You know that you have to give everything you can to stop it taking place. But the more you try and fight it, the more its going to hurt.

For debate's sake captainharris, would making them look bad in front of potential investors not cause the club's value to be lowered and therefore see them want out before the price tumbles?

It could do.. and I really hope that's the case. But what they're looking for is a sale at the greatest profit... I think they'll be quite happy to wait until that comes along rather than bow to fan pressure and sell up.

Don't get me wrong, I want them out of the club. If they were to sell up tomorrow it would be a day too late. But I really can't help but get the feeling that our 'trying' to get them out will only serve to prolong their stay. And that's one of the more frustrating things for me.

It could do.. and I really hope that's the case. But what they're looking for is a sale at the greatest profit... I think they'll be quite happy to wait until that comes along rather than bow to fan pressure and sell up.

Don't get me wrong, I want them out of the club. If they were to sell up tomorrow it would be a day too late. But I really can't help but get the feeling that our 'trying' to get them out will only serve to prolong their stay. And that's one of the more frustrating things for me.

That is also my way of thinking.

The only way we could possibly see them depart would have been if RBS decided against re-financing and forced a sale.

That was highly unlikely due to the interest been paid on the loan so it was good business for RBS to re-finance.

Higher terms that have been set mind you so whether or not that could lead to a departure who knows.