You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

Hey Neko, I hope you can be persuaded to run the fantasy football again this year? Would a new Commissioner's office and set of assistants be enough to convince you? They're here to serve.

nekossklaves.jpg

That is very tempting, but I'm just not sure I am cut out for fantasy football anymore.

It left a very poor taste in my mouth last season when I realized I had to cheer for the rapist to have a good game. It's just not right.

I like the good old days when I could simply hate entire teams like the foreskins and steelers. Fantasy football takes all that away from me.

That is very tempting, but I'm just not sure I am cut out for fantasy football anymore.

It left a very poor taste in my mouth last season when I realized I had to cheer for the rapist to have a good game. It's just not right.

I like the good old days when I could simply hate entire teams like the foreskins and steelers. Fantasy football takes all that away from me.

Just draft as many Cowboys as possible. Then if they suck you'll hate them for sucking, not because they rape dogs or whatever. I know it's the NFL but there's bound to be 15 NFLers you don't find utterly reprehensible to put in your team... Just vow not to take the scumbags in the draft or trades no matter what.

The only way to determine if Neko is better or not is of he would reinstate Payton.

Some interesting reports that Dwight Freeney could get traded by the Colts and the saints now have the cap room after Vilma suspension is confirmed

Try

NFL rants and Raves

Rich Eisen

Dave Dameshek

cover Two

The coaches show(during the season only)

Inside the huddle

NFL Draft tracker(tracks college players for the draft)

Shutdown corner

No huddle

That should get you started,some teams have there own aswell

The league was activated a while ago so I think you can do your pre-draft rankings or whatever. TLW NFL Football Home - Free Fantasy Football | 2012 Fantasy Football - NFL.com

Neko gave me league manager options after last years finished, but like I said I hoped he would still want to do it again this year. I can do it if Neko doesn't want to and people don't have objections. OR Neko can step in, which I hope he does.

Also we'll have to see if everyone is around again this year..

Last years players -

Violent Phlegms - KinskiRageN

Lost Vikings - Arno

West Coast Kittens - neko

Carvalho's Cripplers - Carvalho Diablo

Welsh State Celtics - RedKnight

Brownie's Cheesy Head - Brownie

BuffalOdris - odris

The Lads - CrazyHorse7778

Fighting Hellfish - lee909

Bad News Bears - dave u

Drunken Zombies - Vim Fuego

Old Swan Pandas - Woo

Campioni - Iantn

Cleveland Steamers - Malarkey

Phil Simms Kings - BCM

Clems Clams - ticklemeclemo

People should state their interest to do it again this year or not.

Definitely getting an NFL buzz now that training camps are starting and the Lions have reached their 7th off-season arrest, a new record!

I agree

Need to see were injured players are and if the lions have anyone to draft after there suspensions.

I do have a couple of suggestions for the scoring though

Instead of last years flex of WR/RB could be worth adding a TE into the mix and if we have the same numbers again adding return yards into scoring if possible could leave players with options once the injuries start.

I don't want to do the draft until the last week of the pre-season. We did it way too early last year.

Absolutely agree here, my 7th and 8th round picks were injured for the season before the season even started!

Just checked the fixtures for The Other Sports Team. Two Sundays, 26th August and 2nd of September both feature big home games. So a Saturday might be better - 25th of August or 1st of September? '

I don't want to do the draft until the last week of the pre-season. We did it way too early last year.

I agree

Need to see were injured players are and if the lions have anyone to draft after there suspensions.

I do have a couple of suggestions for the scoring though

Instead of last years flex of WR/RB could be worth adding a TE into the mix and if we have the same numbers again adding return yards into scoring if possible could leave players with options once the injuries start.

Absolutely agree here, my 7th and 8th round picks were injured for the season before the season even started!

Just checked the fixtures for The Other Sports Team. Two Sundays, 26th August and 2nd of September both feature big home games. So a Saturday might be better - 25th of August or 1st of September? '

Careful what you wish for - we did do the draft a bit early, but the logistics of getting everyone to agree to a date and be available means the closer you leave it, the harder it will be to pull it off.

I need a week or two to think about whether I want to continue as commissioner again this season. I think Kinky would be fine, but it's issues like this that require firm leadership and experience.

As for Sean Peyton, he would absolutely not be suspended for the bounty program if I was in charge. The game is becoming too soft, and lawyers are starting to wield too much influence. He probably should have been more forthright with the league when he was asked about it. Like Goodell, I have little time for dishonesty.

Careful what you wish for - we did do the draft a bit early, but the logistics of getting everyone to agree to a date and be available means the closer you leave it, the harder it will be to pull it off.

I need a week or two to think about whether I want to continue as commissioner again this season. I think Kinky would be fine, but it's issues like this that require firm leadership and experience.

As for Sean Peyton, he would absolutely not be suspended for the bounty program if I was in charge. The game is becoming too soft, and lawyers are starting to wield too much influence. He probably should have been more forthright with the league when he was asked about it. Like Goodell, I have little time for dishonesty.

That sounds like a yes. GET IN!

Neko for Commish

Just did a mock draft(10 teams) on NFL.com and id be happy to end up the same in a few weeks.Id maybe pick up another RB earlier

R1-02 Ray RiceBAL-RB

R2-19 Jimmy GrahamNO-TE

R3-22 Tony RomoDAL-QB

R4-39 Brandon MarshallCHI-WR

R5-42 Marques ColstonNO-WR

R6-59 Doug MartinTB-RB

R7-62 Vincent JacksonTB-WR

R8-79 Shonn GreeneNYJ-RB

R9-82 Eric DeckerDEN-WR

R10-99 Robert MeachemSD-WR

R11-102 Torrey SmithBAL-WR

R12-119 Andy DaltonCIN-QB

R13-122 Seattle SeahawksSEA-DEF

R14-139 Mario ManninghamSF-WR

R15-142 Matt BryantATL-K

I like Lee's idea about having an extra TE, would it be a flex WR/RB/TE? That might free up some players as it got a bit desperate last season.

that's why I was suggesting return yards

Players like Randal Cobb and Hester start to viable options once injuries hit.

I see the Jets are talking about Tebow being used in special teams.

It will be interesting how the situation in New York plays out.

Sanchez-Tebow-Ryan mixed with Santonio Holmes should be great fun for non Jets.