You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

LT gone so Chargers need a No1 running back. They are loaded with restricted free agents e.g. Sproles at RB, Jackson and Floyd at WR and Merriman at OLB.

They also released Jamal Williams and let Cromartie go to the Jets.

I would be shocked if if the first 3 of those 4 RFA's were used to trade for a starting RB but wouldnt be suprised if Merriman was used in some sort of deal.

Whatever way a deal is done be it draft picks or trades its obvious the Bolts have to do something big to secure a quality RB. Interesting month ahead.

It was so subtle that I missed it. But Yes, it was a good joke!

good man - repped for your obviously refined sense of humour.

i really, really hate the redskins. it's only a matter of time before i start negging iantn on a regular basis.

looks like with those veterans, the foreskins are certain to dominate the 2006 regular season.

Haha, true. It is mad though that that's slightly true given only 1 of them is currently in his 30's.

Hopefully havin' the 3 will restrict individual carries and increase individual yardage. Just need a line to protect them now.

Sky are actually advertising AND showing Total access today instead of advertising it and showing something else like they usually do.

Sky's NFL coverage has gone downhill last year or so (not all their fault).

Not sure that Five are going to be showing any more games either.

Shame 'cos Mike Carlson is a legend. Might have to get myself the gamepass, anyone got it and if so whats it like?

I noticed that, it's to do with advertising laws but ESPN get away with it because they're not headquarted in the UK or something. That's why I'm made ESPN are showing MNF and the pre-game show, adding that to their excellent baseball coverage, college football coverage and their NBA coverage (which needs a bit of work with the live games, there's not enough) and suddenly ESPN seems better value than Sly Sports these days.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7NHMn-pJZ0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7NHMn-pJZ0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Boom!

I agree, it is a fantastic deal for the Jets and that's the reason it does make me think that the Steelers must have something lined up. Marshall is the stand out receiver left that seems to be seeking a trade.

the steelers aren't going to wheel and deal for another malcontent receiver.

brandon marshall will get traded i think, but not to pissburgh.

more likely to end up in washington <shudders>

We don't have enough to offer after trading away the 2nd rounder for McNabb. We badly need a left tackle and gotta take the best we can get at 4. No pick then till round 4 and the Broncos' want far more than that it seems.

Unless they want Albert haha!

I agree, it is a fantastic deal for the Jets and that's the reason it does make me think that the Steelers must have something lined up. Marshall is the stand out receiver left that seems to be seeking a trade.

Isn't Marshall meant to be in talks with the Seattle Seahawks?

We badly need a left tackle and gotta take the best we can get at 4.

Okung, if you're lucky, will be there at 4 (if Detroit opt for Mcoy or Suh) but it's probably more likely to be Trent Williams with Detroit taking Okung.

One of Gerald Mcoy or Ndamukong Suh is likely to drop to at least 5th pick, it'd be funny to see them drop to 8th then watch Oakland take Bruce Campbell ahead of them because he's tall and quick.