You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Another good performance today. He's our best defender at present.

Will be a huge test for him next week though. Hope he snaps Drogba in two

he has been class for us recently and deserves to be in the team.

Drogba is the ultimate test. Kyrgiakos has faced a lot of opponents with either aerial strength or pace (in fact I don't think he has faced anyone with pace). drogba has it all - he's good in the air, strong on the ball, skilful, can shoot from anywhere but apart from that he's shit.

Hopefully Kyrgiakos can wind him up and get him moaning at the ref and just put him off his game. i think carra, sami, agger and skrtel have all been destroyed by him at one stage or another.

That said we've had a few semi finals against chelsea were he was well shackled.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Greek deffo deserves a start against them lot next Sunday. My worry is Carra at RB, I think he'll massively get the run around against someone like Malouda. I don't think he'll drop Carra, so it'll be one of Skrtel or the Greek dropping out. I can sadly see the Greek missing out. He's actually made us a threat from set pieces too, for the first time in a few years.

I think the Greek deffo deserves a start against them lot next Sunday. My worry is Carra at RB, I think he'll massively get the run around against someone like Malouda. I don't think he'll drop Carra, so it'll be one of Skrtel or the Greek dropping out. I can sadly see the Greek missing out. He's actually made us a threat from set pieces too, for the first time in a few years.

Skrtel is a liability. Gave away a lot of silly fouls today. one near led to a goal for Davies. I know it's hard not to give away fouls with forwards backing in and diving etc but skrtel gives away a lot.

Skrtel is a liability. Gave away a lot of silly fouls today. one near led to a goal for Davies. I know it's hard not to give away fouls with forwards backing in and diving etc but skrtel gives away a lot.

I think Skrtel has looked much improved recently to be honest. Seems to be getting his old form back from a couple of years ago.

To be fair, only about one of them was a free kick. Some of the decisions for dives by Elmander and Davies were disgusting.

I'd rather give away a few fouls ala Skrtel than having the forwards taking the piss and just shrugging off Carra (as almost every forward/striker in the league does nowadays), trapping the ball uncontested.

Yet again the big greek made Kevin Davies look like a pussycat. His solid displays have been integral to us getting a few decent results of late. Him and Skrtel seemed to have formed a good defensive partnership and long may the good form continue.

Is he just a poor man's Hyypia (which is no bad thing) or is he more than that?

He's shit. Absolute shit. One of the most limited players I've ever seen at LFC. However, I like him, because the one thing he does, and does well, is head the ball. He should be playing against the likes of Blackburn and Bolton, but against teams that play football, he's a liability, see the Blackpool match.

He's shit. Absolute shit. One of the most limited players I've ever seen at LFC. However, I like him, because the one thing he does, and does well, is head the ball. He should be playing against the likes of Blackburn and Bolton, but against teams that play football, he's a liability, see the Blackpool match.

While I agree to an extent, I still think you're a little harsh. At the moment, he's showing Skrtel and Carragher the way, which is as much as you could hope for from a cheap and pretty desperate signing of a fourth choice centre back. And the threat he provides from our set pieces is really invaluable...

As soon as a decent manager comes in and sets the team up to attack, Zeus will be shown up I'm afraid. As long as the gap between midfield and defence is tight he will excell. But once any space opens up, his lack of pace and mobility will be exposed. For what it's worth though, I love the man.

Guest PurpleNose
He's not a cult hero. A cult hero insinuates that he's rubbish. He's not rubbish, he's great. He's not the classiest centre back in the world, but he's doing a job.

Drogba is going to totally dry bum rape him though.

I beg to differ. The Greek is going to break him in.

Yet again the big greek made Kevin Davies look like a pussycat.

I love Soto but surely the minimum expectation for an LFC centreback is to be able to handle a bolton striker

starting to get really worried about the expectations on here, don't let Roy drag you down!

Would you play him against Chelsea?

I can see both the merits and pitfalls. He'll do Drogba in the air but is a prime candidate to be sent off, as you don't go past Soto, usually.

probably would yeah, regardless of who plays at centre back we'll be raped so might as well play the man in form

I love Soto but surely the minimum expectation for an LFC centreback is to be able to handle a bolton striker

starting to get really worried about the expectations on here, don't let Roy drag you down!

Here we go again pigeon-holing players because of who they play for...

I bet no-one ever struggled to mark Matt Le Tissier. After all, he played for Southampton. Or Peter Crouch when he played for Pompey.

Here we go again pigeon-holing players because of who they play for...

I bet no-one ever struggled to mark Matt Le Tissier. After all, he played for Southampton. Or Peter Crouch when he played for Pompey.

I never pigeon hole players because of who they play for but lets face it Davies is a typical midtable striker and anyone lining up in defence for LFC should be able to handle him comfortably