You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Yeah could well be, i hope so. Would love to hear it from him though, humiliating them cunts in public.

And have everyone, including our own, claiming that he's "cracking up"?

OK it seems very much 50/50 whether Xabi will stay or go.

He is probably making up his final decision while he is currently away.

But does anyone think Benitez should put a deadline on this deal to be complete (or not), sooner rather than later?!

Let's say Alonso comes back and says he wants to go (privately), we don't want two more weeks of tugging with Real over the fee, as we need to do business should Alonso leave and that could take us weeks.

I am still positive he will stay, but I think Benitez should set a deadline in his head for the worst case, for when the deal should be completed by... otherwise if this goes on till the end of the summer, we might not only lose Alonso, we might fail to get the adaquate replacements, to justify the decision to sell... which could cost us next season.

But does anyone think Benitez should put a deadline on this deal to be complete (or not), sooner rather than later?!

Let's say Alonso comes back and says he wants to go (privately), we don't want two more weeks of tugging with Real over the fee, as we need to do business should Alonso leave and that could take us weeks.

I am still positive he will stay, but I think Benitez should set a deadline in his head for the worst case, for when the deal should be completed by... otherwise if this goes on till the end of the summer, we might not only lose Alonso, we might fail to get the adaquate replacements, to justify the decision to sell... which could cost us next season.

Im half expecting something like that to happen where we shoot ourselves in the foot. Im at a loss why there hasnt been a deadline put on it meself

Why put a deadline on a deal when he's not for sale?

Why put a deadline on a deal when he's not for sale?

Well if Alonso says he wants to go, he'll surely accept him going if Real meet our valuation, won't he?

The lads are back training in Melwood on Thursday, that should be the end of it, if hes there Thursday hopefully he commits, 2 weeks to the season dont need this shit. Hopefully when Bob and Dosser head off we can make the 1 more big transfer were hoping for, if thats the state of play on the 1st of September we'll bring number 19 home in May.

The lads are back training in Melwood on Thursday, that should be the end of it, if hes there Thursday hopefully he commits, 2 weeks to the season dont need this shit. Hopefully when Bob and Dosser head off we can make the 1 more big transfer were hoping for, if thats the state of play on the 1st of September we'll bring number 19 home in May.

Agreed.

Although I hope the big transfer is a striker, rather than a wide player.

Guest ShoePiss
So he is for sale then?

All players are for sale at a certain price aren't they? I'm sure we'd sell Gerrard for exactly 3.4 squllion pounds

Also I understand why the other poster is suggesting a deadline, we would need time to get a replacement in..

All players are for sale at a certain price aren't they? I'm sure we'd sell Gerrard for exactly 3.4 squllion pounds

Also I understand why the other poster is suggesting a deadline, we would need time to get a replacement in..

Of course, that goes without saying.

I'd hope that would be the case but have my doubts.

I've pointed to Gerrard as an example on a number of occasions, but I think it's a really relevant one.

Gerrard went as far as putting in a transfer request and was hours from joining Chelsea only to stay and give us some of the most breathtaking football we've seen from an individual.

Obviously Xabi is a different player to Stevie, and has less of an emotional connection to the club despite his obvious affection for it.

I think if he stays we'll continue to see nothing but brilliance from him.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
I've pointed to Gerrard as an example on a number of occasions, but I think it's a really relevant one.

Gerrard went as far as putting in a transfer request and was hours from joining Chelsea only to stay and give us some of the most breathtaking football we've seen from an individual.

Obviously Xabi is a different player to Stevie, and has less of an emotional connection to the club despite his obvious affection for it.

I think if he stays we'll continue to see nothing but brilliance from him.

Amen brother

This whole thing is so tedious. So he stays and gives us another year does anyone really expect him to perform as well as he did last season? I don't. I fucking hate Madrid.

I do. If he stays, it's because he wants to, not because he's forced.* On Xabi's character and ability alone, I expect him to perform as well as last season, not to mention the boost of being the boss in our midfield while going after the league title against a Cristiano-less Manc team. The World Cup squad/team issue comes in as an external motivation.

*He and Real have been given two days to sort things out by Rafa, does this not constitute a deadline?

Well if Alonso says he wants to go, he'll surely accept him going if Real meet our valuation, won't he?

If Xabi says he wants to go and they meet our valuation then fair enough.

Why do people need Benitez to put a deadline on any deal when the ball is firmly in Xabi's and Madrid's court?

There's a really easy end to this fiasco, Xabi puts in a transfer request and Madrid pay the required fee, end of story we all move on.