You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

It seems like he is going and we are buying Aquilani from Roma to replace him (with Voronin going the other way). If Alonso wants to go and we get in the region of £25 mill for him and pay the quoted £16 mill for Aquilani I think thats an okay piece of business.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like he is going and we are buying Aquilani from Roma to replace him (with Voronin going the other way). If Alonso wants to go and we get in the region of £25 mill for him and pay the quoted £16 mill for Aquilani I think thats an okay piece of business.

The howling Ukranian lycanthrope will devour those Roman fools should they try to remove him from his supply of Sayers cornish pasties. His willingness to return to Germany was on the condition that he would be supplied with unlimited quantities of the finest Bavarian sausage. Pizza and pasta are incapable of fuelling the ferocious power of the wolf man.

Do not know Aquilani, but if Alonso goes it puts a serious dent in our title ambitions. With ManU and Arse weakened and Chelsea adapting to a new manager our squad is good enough to win. Alonso out gives a serious problem as he is the only one we have able to put his foot on the ball and direct the tempo of the game. Even if Aquilani is as good he will have to adapt and our advantage is gone.

Cannot really blame Alonso after Benitez tried to get rid of him last year- think that exercise was a huge mistake all around.

Do not know Aquilani, but if Alonso goes it puts a serious dent in our title ambitions. With ManU and Arse weakened and Chelsea adapting to a new manager our squad is good enough to win. Alonso out gives a serious problem as he is the only one we have able to put his foot on the ball and direct the tempo of the game. Even if Aquilani is as good he will have to adapt and our advantage is gone.

Cannot really blame Alonso after Benitez tried to get rid of him last year- think that exercise was a huge mistake all around.

I don't blame rafa for trying to get rid of alonso last year. He had been inconsistent for 2 years.

I don't blame rafa for trying to get rid of alonso last year. He had been inconsistent for 2 years.

Fair enough- my issue is more if it was necessary to do it so publicly before we had made the deal for replacement.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
ballague was saying the same on a 5 live pod cast last night too. reckons a deal will be done at 30m euros and will go through in 48 hours.

That might be what Real want to happen, but I'd be amazed if it was the case

If we could get Negredo and Sneijder plus another £ 5-10 million it would be a good deal.

(This would give us a backup striker that is absolutely a must if we have hope of winning the league as Torres will be tired, off form or injured at some stage in the season, as well as a goal threat from midfield and set pieces)

If we get £ 35 million cash it will be a good deal.

(Spent well it will get us a midfielder and a forward)

Anything less and Real Madrid should be fucked off and Alonso should be told to honor his contract....

Liverpool FC and Rafa dictates this outcome, as they do with Mascherano's, any suitors should pay up our asking price or be told to walk away.

That might be what Real want to happen, but I'd be amazed if it was the case

as i've been saying all summer mate, i hope you're right as I don't want him to go. if we really have to lose him it should be for absolute top dollar so we can get someone in who can make the kind of impact torres has. alonso will be a big loss if he goes, so we're going to need someone to come in who can offer us a bit of brilliance and to do thatr this summer we'll need a wedge.

i usually take what ballague says with a pinch of salt, but he had a tone to his voice that suggested he knew something.

Surely he wasn't actually talking to The S*n? :whoops:

Most probably not. Those fuckers steal stories from other papers, probably from Spain this time, and then make out the interview was exclusively with them.

Guest RafaIsRafa
If we want a replacement then Miguel Veloso is the man.

He's so amazing that last season he couldnt even get in Sporting's team all the time. Another example of you bigging up a player you've never once seen play all because he's been linked with a big move previously (though note no one has deemed him worth the money).

Why not try and snatch Pirlo in front of chelski while we are at it...

Miguel Veloso is nothing, the real deal in portugal is João Moutinho. He is a player that would fill us.

Edited by rogaas