You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

SoS in Dublin

JohnnyH

On the 4th of April the SoS are going to have a meeting in Dublin. I'm planning on going to see what they have to say and hopefully ask a few questions myself that I've posed on here before (although the e-mail I received says that the group will welcome questions from the floor from Union Members, so I don't know if i can ask questions as a non member)

Are any of the other forumites planning on going?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the 4th of April the SoS are going to have a meeting in Dublin. I'm planning on going to see what they have to say and hopefully ask a few questions myself that I've posed on her before (although the e-mail I received says that the group will welcome questions from the floor from Union Members, so I don't know if i can ask questions as a non member)

They don't ask if your a member. Just raise your hand and they'll get to you.

I'll be interested to know who footing the bill for this trip overseas.

On the 4th of April the SoS are going to have a meeting in Dublin. I'm planning on going to see what they have to say and hopefully ask a few questions myself that I've posed on here before (although the e-mail I received says that the group will welcome questions from the floor from Union Members, so I don't know if i can ask questions as a non member)

Are you going to join up?

Why not?

Because so far I don't see them as having done anything about the ownership issue whatsoever. Anyway, there are plenty of threads where this whole arguement has been bashed out amongst the forumites. Do and search and you'll find them. There is no point going over old ground here when everything that can be said, has been said in those threads.

Because so far I don't see them as having done anything about the ownership issue whatsoever. Anyway, there are plenty of threads where this whole arguement has been bashed out amongst the forumites. Do and search and you'll find them. There is no point going over old ground here when everything that can be said, has been said in those threads.

So why are you going the meeting then?

SoS are the club's YES men dressed up as a fans pressure group, they are like plants put in a crowd to make it look good. The only thing they have done of any note is a chant for Shields and a march for Rafa neither of which has anything to do with ousting the owners. They have also stopped protesting in the ground on the say so of the manager who should have no say on SoS activities. I don't think there has ever been a more pointless group formed. Comparing them with their mission statement is a laugh.... SoS are a bigger joke than the two cunts they were formed to oust. Oh what a distant memory that is...

To hear what they have to say. Maybe they're changed their approach. Also, I may be able to pass on my views and maybe some of my comments will be taken on board? Maybe you just give up on things at the outset. I don't.

Why didn't you join at the outset then?

Below is the body of the mail.

YNWA Irish Reds are proud to announce footballs first union are coming to Dublin.

4th of April is the date set. Time TBC.

If you’re Irish and a Liverpool fan then this is a must, the union will be advising us of what is happening and explaining their goals.

Please attend, the venue is the Submarine bar in Crumlin Dublin 12.

5 Union members will be attending along with Karen Gill, Bill Shankly’s granddaughter who has expressed a massive interest in how the union is moving forward and especially in Liverpool fans in Ireland.

Nicky Allt, Peter Hooton, Keith Culvin, Steve Monoghan and Frank Bentley.

The union recently held a night in Oslo, the Oslo branch has an amazing 32000 members in their branch, unfortunately though due to about 5 feet of snow there was only about 100 in attendance.

From speaking in depth with Nicky, Keith & Mono (Steve Monoghan) they are 100% committed in making Ireland and Irish Liverpool fans there right hand place and Irish members will greatly benefit, apart from setting their aims out, the union want to discuss how we can benefit from being in the union for travelling to European away matches, domestic away matches and trips to Anfield itself.

The union will want to go through the ownership of our club, the discussions they have had with Hicks & Gillette, Rick Parry and also Rafa. The union has had intense meetings with the above and will be able to shed light on to what exactly is happening.

All questions will be welcomed by the Union members from the floor.

I would ask as many people to attend as Ireland and Irish Liverpool fans can have a real say going forward in what they want as a voice.

And a lot of Irish people are interested in the development of LFC.

Personally I cant see the issue here.

Neither can I to be honest. They've been accused of ignoring oots and now that they're doing something about engaging other fans they're getting criticised.