You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm not going to lie and try and talk about those two. I haven't seen them play so I can't possibly comment.

But I'm pretty sure our squad lacks depth. Mancs have players like Tevez, Nani, Giggs, Fletcher, O'Shea on the bench. You may have a laugh at a few of them names, but looking at our bench yesterday I also had to laugh at some of the shite on it.

yeah but O'shea and Fletcher were given a chance to become their squad players and decent ones they are at that.

We might have our own like that but the manager doesnt trust them.

Look at Fabio, injuries so Ferguson trusts him.

Rafa would rather switch the whole team around then play Darby for example.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafa should not go, he will do the decent thing and that is to dig his heels and sign a contract that would give him the power he needs to make us into title winning giants once again. Ferguson at Man U has that power and I think that Rafa should be given a similar chance as well. Not work with footbal mongs like Parry and the american twats as all they do is tell him what he cant do.

If he needs the freedom to sign players that he needs in order to make us win title again then why not let him do so? Give the man what he wants and then judge him by what he has accomplished.

Rafa deserves just that, anything less and he feels he is being underminded, which is not a postion Ferguson he is being held at on a daily basis.

yeah but O'shea and Fletcher were given a chance to become their squad players and decent ones they are at that.

We might have our own like that but the manager doesnt trust them.

Look at Fabio, injuries so Ferguson trusts him.

Rafa would rather switch the whole team around then play Darby for example.

The points you made are exactly the same points I was trying to make.

How Juande Ramos ruined Rafa Benitez's dream date at Madrid | Mail Online

How Juande Ramos ruined Rafa Benitez's dream date at Madrid

By Pete Jenson

Last updated at 2:12 AM on 24th February 2009

Comments (0) Add to My Stories When the draw in December paired Liverpool with Real Madrid for the Champions League knock-out stages, it looked like the dream tie for Rafa Benitez.

He would surely roll into the Bernabeu, roll over Real and leave the Madrid masses demanding the prodigal son be brought home.

He would then either get a move back to the club where he started his coaching career as B-team boss or, because of the enormous pressure to hang on to him, get the contract he wanted out of Liverpool. Juande Ramos had other ideas.

Head scratcher:Rafa Benitez and Torres (facing camera) find training a puzzle

With the botched project at Tottenham a distant memory, he has orchestrated a run of nine straight wins, taking Madrid from 12 points adrift of Barcelona to seven - the same gap that separates Liverpool from Manchester United.

With just two goals conceded in that winning run and 10 goals scored in the last two games, Ramos' incredible start and Liverpool's faltering league campaign have changed the face of Wednesday's tie.

There is a growing feeling in Madrid that Ramos is the man to take the club forward. Benitez's Bernabeu audition was a formality back in December. Now it looks like a case of 'don't call us, we'll call you'.

The Liverpool manager admitted recently that the pressure of ending the 19-year wait for a league title is taking its toll. He told one media outlet here: 'Our problem lies in the massive expectations of success that surround us. The league! The league! We have gone 19 years without winning it! And then when the Champions League comes around we go for that, too.

'Since I arrived we have won four trophies and played in seven finals and a Champions League semi-final. We are where we ought to be but the problem is the anxiety. We need to manage it but it is not easy.' Liverpool's down-turn in 2009 contrasts with the Ramos revolution at Real Madrid.

Striker and club captain Raul said: 'Since Juande's arrival the team look much more solid and we can still improve. We have only been together under him for two months.'

Raul denies being the king-maker in the appointment of Ramos, although the two share the same agent and met for lunch several months before Real Madrid sacked Bernd Schuster and recruited the former Tottenham manager.

He has voiced his admiration for Benitez in the past but as things stand would support Ramos remaining in the job.

Raul's fellow striker Gonzalo Higuain has also lauded the effect that Ramos has had at both ends of the Real Madrid team.

'Since Juande came we have let in only four goals,' he said.

'We all know what system we are going to be playing - something that has improved under his management. And he gives me complete freedom to go out and play my game on the pitch which gives a player so much confidence.'

That freedom granted to Madrid's most talented players is an essential requisite of the job.

This is the club that, despite being top of the league, once sacked Radomir Antic because the football was too dull. They went one better in 2007 when, for the same reason, they fired Fabio Capello, who had just won them the league.

Even when his stock was at its highest in Madrid, Benitez's reputation for a tendency towards robot football left him with opponents inside the boardroom and the ever-influential football press.

Asked recently about the Real hot-seat, Benitez covered all bases by admitting: 'The truth is that I am not thinking about leaving and I hope to be at Liverpool for a long time.

'Of course, Real Madrid would be the perfect ending to anyone's career, but my career is not coming to an end yet.'

In the same interview he admitted he got on 'okay' with Real's president in-waiting Florentino Perez, the man most likely to win July's elections and therefore pick the coach.

Perez, on the verge of a second presidential stint, is, above all, a populist and would find it difficult to justify not sticking with Ramos if current form continues.

Before Wednesday's game, one of the heroes of Benitez's Champions League winning Liverpool side from 2005, Jerzy Dudek - now with Real - backed his old boss to stay at the club.

He said: 'This year they are very close to winning the Premier League and that means that they are on the right road to winning the trophy everyone there wants.

'Maybe we can help Liverpool win the League by knocking them out of the Champions League.'

A victory for the Spanish champions would certainly move Ramos closer to a long-term deal at the Bernabeu and thus push Benitez further away from Madrid than ever.

Is the bit in bold very Houllier-esque for anyone else? Seven 'finals'...

That seven finals, 4 trophies thing is a tad silly - I thought we got rid of that kind of chat when Houllier left. I still don't get the Real Madrid thing. I mean Rafa if anything is a Capello clone - why would they want to go through that again? Not even the league saved Capello.

As for the "decent thing" - there is no reason Rafa should walk away. If the club don't want him then they should sack him and pay him off accordingly.

How Juande Ramos ruined Rafa Benitez's dream date at Madrid | Mail Online

Is the bit in bold very Houllier-esque for anyone else? Seven 'finals'...

Fuck off, cunt face.

Rafa's spot on. Liverpool fans have become a bunch of impatient whining cunts and its fucking sickening because they're trying to drive out a Very good manager because of some self delusion that we should be winning the league, forgetting that we have barely challenged sice 1990.

Fuck off, cunt face.

Rafa's spot on. Liverpool fans have become a bunch of impatient whining cunts and its fucking sickening because they're trying to drive out a Very good manager because of some self delusion that we should be winning the league, forgetting that we have barely challenged sice 1990.

Cheers for the quite abysmal insult. However, I was talking about Benitez saying we've played 7 finals and won 4 trophies, a very similiar tactic to Houllier near the end of his reign. Care to argue that we've actually played 7 'finals' then?

Cheers for the quite abysmal insult. However, I was talking about Benitez saying we've played 7 finals and won 4 trophies, a very similiar tactic to Houllier near the end of his reign. Care to argue that we've actually played 7 'finals' then?

He's right. Whats to argue?

You can bitch and moan about how "they're not really major finals" but he is right. FACT.

And you can bitch and moan about how He's so similar to Houllier, and how he's lost the plot, and how he stol your lunch money, and he made a face at you, but it doesn't make you right.

Rafa is getting us closer to the title, he needs the right tools to win it.

We have bottled it a bit this year and had too many draws but only lost 1 game.

I don't understand why some are not saying lets get a couple of players and turn these draws into wins and take the title.

Then we will have the master of the cl and a top prem manager. Why do people just want him gone instead of seeing his project bear fruit?

Fuck off, cunt face.

Bang out of order. Do you speak to people like that outside of the internet, or are you just a keyboard warrior?

Rafa is getting us closer to the title, he needs the right tools to win it.

We have bottled it a bit this year and had too many draws but only lost 1 game.

I don't understand why some are not saying lets get a couple of players and turn these draws into wins and take the title.

Then we will have the master of the cl and a top prem manager. Why do people just want him gone instead of seeing his project bear fruit?

We were all saying the same last season, unfortunately our business in the Summer (and lack of it in winter) transfer market has meant that our improvement, if any, has been minimal.

Bang out of order. Do you speak to people like that outside of the internet, or are you just a keyboard warrior?

I'll be honest- I'm a keyboard warrior.

Then again, when people see me in the flesh they rarely say anything that would piss me off so much. Knyamean blood?! I'm a beast.

Then again, again, When I say "fuck off cunt face" I'm only half serious. What I mean to say is "Fuck off and stop talking as if there's a cunt on your face, because the things you say make me assume its not your mouth that you are speaking out of".

Then again, again, again, I do apologise for any harm or offence caused, this place does weird things to me. Cunt place.

Pack your bags and leave.........:wallbutt:

Without doubt you are the most irritating, self absorbed & pretentious poster on this site.

Kindly fuck off and take your massively out of place ego with you.

A pox to you sir, you monstrous carbunkle on the arse cheeks of humanity.

We were all saying the same last season, unfortunately our business in the Summer (and lack of it in winter) transfer market has meant that our improvement, if any, has been minimal.

why does this year have to be the year? We have massively improved, it is our best ever prem start and could be our best ever points tally. We have led for most of the season and only lost 1 game. We have been unlucky with injuries yet can still win the double albeit unlikely.

Why does their have to be a definite time frame. We may win the title next year, we just dont know but i do know we have to give our team a few years together to prove themselves