You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4-3-3 with who else coming in as the other striker/forward?

Srna?

seems a bit mad to get Villa in but not try Stevie on the right in a 4-4-2 when keane was here?

Villa and Torres combine well for Spain but in a 4-4-2

maybe he is looking for:

------Villa------Torres

----------Gerrard

Barry--------------?????

---------Mascher

in which case we would still need a top class right winger to come in as well as Barry

confusing....

It just seems like Keane mark 2 to me. Torres needs to be up top on his own with a great option on the right for certain games. By all means add Barry as another option in midfield but i think breaking up the torres/gerrard partnership is a bad move.

I know Rafa wants to have the option of 442 but surely that is only an option when torres is injured. Tempt a half decent striker to play back up to torres imo as not sure the kids will be enough. We are just going to have to pay someone some serious wedge to be a back up to Torres imo. Kenwyne Jones or someone like that? Not amazing but could do a job and score in this league.

Unless we get new owners it is pie in the sky stuff. Not that I mind anyone posting what they have heard but it just sounds like nonsense.

With Keane gone we are now a striker short and as much as right midfield is a priority, a striker is now needed as well. Getting back to my first point as without new owners I doubt we will be doing much this summer.

If by some miracle we do have money to spend, we cannot afford another summer like the last one.

Something Guillem said on his skysports column which has disturbed me.

Liverpool are not a team that keeps signing the top players from top clubs; that's not what they're about. I know Liverpool fans would like that to happen but the reality is they don't have the money to do it. Players like Silva and Villa will be linked over the summer but that's just not the way they do business.

I dont really buy it though, he spent £20m on Keane when that could of been enough to buy a top player from another big club. Maybe he's just hinting at another summer of bulk buying. :whoops:

I dont really buy it though, he spent £20m on Keane when that could of been enough to buy a top player from another big club. Maybe he's just hinting at another summer of bulk buying. :whoops:

Or that we're not some pit stop for every overhyped galactico in Europe?

Since when was Silva a 'top player' anyway?

I think he wanted keane and barry for about 25-28 and was hoping to have Dossenna and Degen providing the width. I think we will get Barry in the summer and a rw who can also play rb, Kuba or Srna and then hopefully a top attacker. It has to be Aguero for me, i just cant see 442 with Torres working and i from what i have seen of Torres and Villa together i think Villa would reduce Torres's effectiveness

Or that we're not some pit stop for every overhyped galactico in Europe?

Since when was Silva a 'top player' anyway?

I am having a titanic struggle taking anything you say seriously, after I found this comment from you in another thread:

"Lucas is composed on the ball and with maturity, will become one of the best midfielders of all time. I'm dead certain he will."

It is burnt onto my retinas. Whenever I close eyes to sleep, there it is, like a neon sign to madness, pulsing softly against my brain.

Please, I beg you, tell me you were joking.

End my pain.

I am having a titanic struggle taking anything you say seriously, after I found this comment from you in another thread:

"Lucas is composed on the ball and with maturity, will become one of the best midfielders of all time. I'm dead certain he will."

It is burnt onto my retinas. Whenever I close eyes to sleep, there it is, like a neon sign to madness, pulsing softly against my brain.

Please, I beg you, tell me you were joking.

End my pain.

That was a comment I posted off RAWK, to which you already replied.

Drugs not kicking in yet?

it's possible he will leave Valencia if they dont get CL but I think he would prefer to stay in spain i.e Barce or Madrid

it's important that we make a stride in the transfer market this summer, last year we needed to make a 'Torres' signing i.e a player who can make an impact in the first XI every week and we ended up wasting £25m on Dossena and Keane

the trouble is the way the club is run it makes any long term planning for targets and transfer windows impossible. they can't even get current players contracts sorted so I have little hope of them being ambitious in the transfer market

it's possible he will leave Valencia if they dont get CL but I think he would prefer to stay in spain i.e Barce or Madrid

it's important that we make a stride in the transfer market this summer, last year we needed to make a 'Torres' signing i.e a player who can make an impact in the first XI every week and we ended up wasting £25m on Dossena and Keane

the trouble is the way the club is run it makes any long term planning for targets and transfer windows impossible. they can't even get current players contracts sorted so I have little hope of them being ambitious in the transfer market

Maybe said players should lower their ridiculous demands. We're not exactly rolling in it. Or would you prefer we went into even more debt just to fund a new inflated contract for Agger?