You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton. FA cup.

RedinSweden

We need a faster tempo - we're moving well enough but it's a couple of seconds too slow.

Forget zonal marking at set pieces - get a man on Cahill, for chrissakes, any idiot knows we need one.

Our faffing about at the back - it worked when we had the pass back rule, but now it just looks like we're clueless. If the end result, after about four or five passes across the area when our players aren't even looking up to see what movement there is up front, is just Reina hastily lumping it forward, then pass it to him straight away and save some time.

Someone kill that Setanta commentator Jon Champion - he's a fecking smug idiot.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carra back in the middle the only positive in this game. Dire to say the least.

I actually think we'd be better off taking Babel and Kuyt off and play with 9 men. The amount of moves they screw up with either a shite 1st touch and bad decisions is fucking me up.

Haven't learned anything from monday. Neither the players nor Rafa.

Xabi's been the best player in a red shirt.

Not that there have been any rivals!! I think he's in danger of becoming a 'Hollywood' player - he looks good, with all his passes, but he's simply GOT to offer more, either with some progressive passes, or actually moving forward when he gets 30 yaerds out. At leats three times he has had the space to step forward and have a crack - as El Jefe did on one occasion. Control without penetration is useless (as the bishop told the nun).

On the evidence of the last few weeks there's much more than a grain of truth in the media myth of us relying almost completely on Gerrard and Torres for inspiration.

On the evidence of the last few weeks I'd say there's very little truth given they've both played a part in those games.

They were against far worse teams. Do we even look like coming back?

Just wait! To be fair Everton have been spot on in defense. It will be hard to get through but i'm sure we will 45 mins is plenty of time to get through and score a few goals.

Totally controlling the game.

We just need Kuyt and Babel to offer some threat in the wide positions. The cnetre of the field is full of Evertyon players, nulifying Gerrard / Torres.

Kuyt and Babel have to take players on, create some chances and just offer some threat, which they aren't.

God knows why our best wide player in Riera is on the bench.