You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New rafa deal agreed

Count Morfeo

They're hardly hot on our heels, they've dropped more points than us in the past 6 weeks.

They are a point behind us and have more experience.

If we won't win the league, Chelsea or the Mancs will, we need to be taking as many points as we can, and not dropping silly points like we have been.

We've had our easy streak in the league, United and Chelsea have theirs to come.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are a point behind us and have more experience.

If we won't win the league, Chelsea or the Mancs will, we need to be taking as many points as we can, and not dropping silly points like we have been.

We've had our easy streak in the league, United and Chelsea have theirs to come.

Chelsea have had all of the other big 4 at home & not managed to win a game

They have mainly played easy fixtures away which explains their record.

On a fixtures played basis we'r doing better than them

(Unfortunately the Mancs are doing best of all- i think they'll win the League at a canter this year although we can still trump them in Rome if they don't adequetely replace Queiroz/ drop Berb when the big CL away games come up)

I agree.

But, and this is the kicker for me at the moment, we have a team to win the league, it's quite clear we do, and I and many people here believe Benitez isn't utilising it properly.

Parry called it right, if Benitez got his way we'd be without one of the best midfielders around right now. I agree it isn't Parry's choice to make, but he made a call, go with or go without. If he honestly believed he couldn't get Keane unless he got him at that moment in time, then he made that choice, and he got Rafa his man.

I want the owners and Parry out as much as the next person, I just believe at the moment, a contract for Rafa should not be discussed until Summer.

We will never get a better manager than Benitez under the current owners, infact we won't even get a half decent manager if Benitez was to leave, and for that reason alone I want him to stay, at the moment though, I'm not confident that Benitez will be able to deliver us a title, as I have repeated time and time again, I think that some of the points we have dropped at home will haunt us at the end of the season.

We will soon find out anyway, I hope we win the league, Benitez stays on the owners leave and Pepe Reina goes on the Mic in town.

But we are a billion zillion miles away from that now....

"we have a team to win the league, it's quite clear we do"

If we do (& i dont belive we do but you are entitled to your opinion) then that is despite having the 4th highest wages in the League.

Since the PL started NO TEAM HAS EVER WON IT FROM THAT POSITION & only once has it been won from 3rd.

So Rafa has done an amazing job putting together a team of players on a (relative) pittance

His problem is that he is too good (hardly ever even qualify for the most important tournament to winning it & comprising the best record over 4 years) & has consequently raised our fan's expectations to completely unrealistic levels (no-1 can overcome the wages deficit we face over a season in the league) & then is criticised for not meeting them.

Whilst i am sure he can happily handle that, to lose him would see us lose our most important asset & slip back into Uefa Cup medioricty with our best players leaving (as opposed to the best striker in Europe activley wanting to join us to play for him....)

I bow to your superior knowledge of atk and parry Stu, sorry it wont happen again.

My clip could never be ATK and Parry; there's too much of a feeling of racial harmony and healing a broken world in it.

It was just a good excuse to force some Arrested Development on the *f. It doesn't deserve it but I am a very generous man, what can I say?

Edit - Although looking at that puppet you called Al has just made me laugh a lot. The hair is perfect!

NO!!!!!!!!!!! Fucks sake, read what I posted.

Do you really think Rafa would still be at the club if Parry paid £20m and forced the player onto Rafa?

Rafa wanted Keane and asked Parry to do the deal. It's just that he wanted Barry more, and wanted to do that deal first but was over-ruled.

Fully understood what you wrote but the obvious point in all of this is Rafa was given the choice the two players which one would he have bought.

Maybe Rafa sees it as Parry fucking up again or even worse than that!

He needs to sort his shit out. If he does then hopefully we'll make some progress up the table over the next few months.

When you say up the table, do you mean we could get to the top?

Wow, imagine how happy we would all be then.....this place would be one big party.

When you say up the table, do you mean we could get to the top?

Wow, imagine how happy we would all be then.....this place would be one big party.

I think top is a little unrealistic, given that Chelsea and United are both strong, but we could definietly start moving up a few places. If we don't do it soon we'll be out of touch.

I agree.

But, and this is the kicker for me at the moment, we have a team to win the league, it's quite clear we do, and I and many people here believe Benitez isn't utilising it properly.

Parry called it right, if Benitez got his way we'd be without one of the best midfielders around right now. I agree it isn't Parry's choice to make, but he made a call, go with or go without. If he honestly believed he couldn't get Keane unless he got him at that moment in time, then he made that choice, and he got Rafa his man.

I want the owners and Parry out as much as the next person, I just believe at the moment, a contract for Rafa should not be discussed until Summer.

We will never get a better manager than Benitez under the current owners, infact we won't even get a half decent manager if Benitez was to leave, and for that reason alone I want him to stay, at the moment though, I'm not confident that Benitez will be able to deliver us a title, as I have repeated time and time again, I think that some of the points we have dropped at home will haunt us at the end of the season.

We will soon find out anyway, I hope we win the league, Benitez stays on the owners leave and Pepe Reina goes on the Mic in town.

But we are a billion zillion miles away from that now....

Just like to make a point regards the bit in bold.

Rafa is the manager who has built the team you mention who are capable of winning the league and if they all pulled their own weight and treated the opposition with a bit more respect then im sure we will see an upturn in form.

Regardless of how much the player cost or what he believes is his best position when he is picked to play for Liverpool FC he should give 110% and not be feeling sorry for himself.

As regards the playing staff no player or manager is bigger then Liverpool FC but within the squad the manager is number one and when the players stop remembering this that is when we have problems.

Gerrard has recently done a statement when he thanked Rafa for changing his game after Stevie had played in roles he did not want to but now realises that Rafa was right and once again Gerrard proved how important he is by scoring another two goals on Saturday.

Whilst Rafa is the victim of strange substitutions and he has to take blame when his tactics backfire you also need to point the blame at the players just as much as for many games this season they appear to believe the hype and think lesser teams will just allow them to score without them needing to try.

I get the impression we have in many peoples eyes the wrong man in the job and i wonder if Parry should be putting his name forward seem as he knows which players we should be signing and he gets on great with one of the owners.

I now understand why Parry is such as useless twat as a CEO allowing the marketing/merchandise side of the club sit in the dark ages and allowing two sharks into the club because it meant he kept his job.

Just to get back to the subject of the thread, I think there's a growing number of people who don't want Rafa to be offered a contract extension until the end of the season. I am now one of these people. That doesn't mean I want him out, but I would like to see the owners hold back until we see where we are at the end of the season. It would be interesting to see a poll on this.

That is primarily my thoughts aswell. I may have gone a bit overboard as of late with my criticism of Rafa, but if he keeps up this title challenge and we are successful in the cups then the extension will be fully deserved.

"we have a team to win the league, it's quite clear we do"

If we do (& i dont belive we do but you are entitled to your opinion) then that is despite having the 4th highest wages in the League.

Since the PL started NO TEAM HAS EVER WON IT FROM THAT POSITION & only once has it been won from 3rd.

That's the crux of the matter for me. I'm not convinced that Rafa has the man management skills or the tactical flexibility required to convert our current position into a PL title. I am convinced that no other manager would have taken us to this position in the first place. Once one accepts the latter point, the former (however valid) seems moot. The fact that even Rafa's critics now concede that we have a "team to win the league" is remarkable given the constraints under which he's operated.

Seconded.

Thirded.

Lots of entrenched opinions that seem to based on hearsay. We all know about the rifts within the club so why would anyone believe anything coming out of the club anymore? Anything coming out of the club is part of an agenda.

Some of you ought to remember that there's 20 teams in the Premiership and at least 5 have ambitions to to win it this season or next, others trying to get into Europe while others try to stay in the PL - both will fight tooth and nail to achieve this.

Anyone seriously think that Hull or Stoke should have come to Anfield and bared their arses while while we fucked them over?

Since when did we have a divine right to win every game?

Some of you need to take a look at our position in the table and go on holiday for a few weeks.