You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

KENNY DALGLISH: LET'S JUST ENJOY BEING TOP

Skrtel Milk

The King has spoken his wise words. You can see why he doesn't do much work for Sky as he wont play ball with their shoddy agendas. 17 league titles and 3 European cups with Liverpool Blackburn and Celtic as player or manager, I think he is just about qualified to talk about such matters.

That's a fair comment Gaz but I was alluding to the results more than the performances, although both were bad against Fulham and West Ham in my opinion. We stumbled to the top as if it was more by accident than design. Still, I'm happy we're there.

I know what you were getting at mate, and I wasnt having a go. I'm pissed off with the last two home results as well, but whether we're there by accident or not, whether we have as many points as we'd like, at this moment we are were the other 19 clubs want to be, so if we're shit, what are they?

That was a nice read but I can understand why people are pissed off, and to a certain extent I feel the same. Being top is great but it's the manner in which we got there that's disappointing, particularly the last two home games.

I'm not to arsed about how we managed to get where we are. I'm more concerned that if things don't improve we won't be at the top for very long.

Bob Paisley's first title, 1975/76, brought forth 6 0-0 draws. All away though...

1976/77 - another 6 0-0 draws.

1978/77 - 4

1979/80 - 4

1981/82 - 2

1982/83 - 5 (we lost FOUR MATCHES IN A ROW at the end of the season!)

1983/84 - 4

1985/86 - 1

1987/88 - 3

1989/90 - 4

you need more points to win the league than you did in bob's day - also that was back in the days of 2 points for a win, so a draw didn't harm you quite as much as it would today.