You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If we win this, then for most, last nights result is forgot about. But this is our priority this season, and Bolton are a very beatable side. Last season we set about this game the right way. We made Bolton worry about us, rather than the other way around.

I hope we do the same again, and a similar result to last season should ensue. I hope we go with Keane and Torres upfront, but I think we need Mascherano in there, so as far as Im concerned it would mean Dirk dropping to the bench. Also wouldnt mind Sami in there to deal with their aerial threat.

-----------------------Reina------------------------

Darby-------Carragher-------Hyypia---------Aurelio

Gerrard-------Alonso---------Mascherano-------Riera

---------------Keane----------Torres----------------

I cant see us setting up like that, but I hope its that line up.

Predicition: 2-0. Keane and Gerrard.

Edited by woo

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id try something new, how about.

-----------------------Dossena------------------------

Dossena-------Dossena-------Dossena---------Dossena

Dossena-------Dossena---------Dossena-------Dossena

---------------Dossena----------Dossena----------------

We could even have a song about it, to the tune of the yellow submarine. ...

You don't usually put PL: in front of the title of these threads as I recall.

Therefore, we are fucked.

It'll be:-

Reina

Carra Sami Agger Aurelio

Kuyt Masch Alonso Riera

Gerrard

Torres

I reckon.

Yeah I can see that too.

I'd seriously consider the 3 5 2 as a one-off for this one , in order to utilise Jamie , Daniel & Sami to negate Bolton's one threat.

Bolton have no discernible wing threat & it would allow us to use all our best players

--------------------Pepe-----------------------------

------------- Jamie , Sami , Daniel --------------------

Dirk ----Masch -----Stevie ----- Xabi ----Albert------

-------------------Robbie----------------------------

-------------------Nando-----------------------------

Me too.

I'd be tempted to start Babel left though, he fucking murdered them last year and Riera's gone off the boil lately.

You say you would be tempted to go for Babel and say that Riera has gone off the boil?

Babel is so far off the boil at the moment that he is freezing. You don't know what you're going to get with him but it is usually to expect him to take the ball past one or two players and then cut inside and lose the ball.

We might see 3-5-2

-----------------------------------------Reina----------------------------------------------------

----------------------Agger------------Carra-----------------Aurelio--------------------------

-----------------------------Alonso------------------Masche----------------------------------

Kuyt--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Riera

----------------------------------------Gerrard-------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------Keane---------Torres---------------------------------------

We might see 3-5-2

-----------------------------------------Reina----------------------------------------------------

----------------------Agger------------Carra-----------------Aurelio--------------------------

-----------------------------Alonso------------------Masche----------------------------------

Kuyt--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Riera

----------------------------------------Gerrard-------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------Keane---------Torres---------------------------------------

Yes Simon , similar thinking to mine ( post 12 ) but I just though Sami might be in the 3 for his height , rather than Fabio on the left of the 3.

We might see 3-5-2

Aurelio would never play as a centre back.

Kuyt and/or Riera as wing backs?

Bizarre.

Can't speak for Simon , but I wasn't anticipating Dirk/Albert having any more defensive responsibility than normal as Bolton don't seem to use the wings at present , I would anticipate us going forward for the majority of the game & Masch / Xabi would be used as the deeper midfielders to mop up as well.

why not im sure he played a few games in that pos for Valencia.

Maybe centre mid, but hes not got the defensive ability to play centre back. Id rather Alonso, Mascherano or Gerrard played centre back before Fabio did.