You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

13 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

innit, lad. 

There’s nothing nastier than…er…highlighting double standards and….erm…not wanting innocent civilians to die???

He, and you for that matter, can take his whataboutery bullshit, spouted from his mummy's spare room and shove it up his arse. There's horrible shit going on all over the place and that little wanker makes comments like that? I'd break his fucking nose given half a chance. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

He, and you for that matter, can take his whataboutery bullshit, spouted from his mummy's spare room and shove it up his arse. There's horrible shit going on all over the place and that little wanker makes comments like that? I'd break his fucking nose given half a chance. 

Oooooh. You’re hard! 

4 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

What are u on about you retard...have you been STD'd?

• Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, Planet Origi said:

What are u on about you retard...have you been STD'd?

I've genuinely no idea what you mean by that you weird little prick but you should probably reserve your, at best, very questionable views for twitter where it belongs, not a football fanzine site. Dickhead. 

14 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I've genuinely no idea what you mean by that you weird little prick but you should probably reserve your, at best, very questionable views for twitter where it belongs, not a football fanzine site. Dickhead. 

What, that the uk/us should also have intercepted bombs that have been raining down upon Gaza for the past 7 months?

Must be blind lad or you've been taking STDs load into your eyes

12 minutes ago, Planet Origi said:

What, that the uk/us should also have intercepted bombs that have been raining down upon Gaza for the past 7 months?

Must be blind lad or you've been taking STDs load into your eyes

I think Netenyahu should be put on trial for war crimes. I think Iran should fuck the fuck off with their response. You're probably having a little wank about it though aren't you. Arsehole. I've still no idea what you're on about with your std shite. 

4 hours ago, SasaS said:

I think it's the other way around. Iran is trying to pull others into a conflict with Israel, so it can strengthen its grip on Iraq and Syria.

It’s both of them trying to escalate things in the region to further their own interests. They feed off each other.

5 hours ago, Jurgen Knows said:

It’s both of them trying to escalate things in the region to further their own interests. They feed off each other.

There is a fundamental difference though in strategic positions, Iran is an exporter of shit, where Israel is primarily interested in its own safety (and will do what it thinks it takes to achieve it, no matter who is in their way or the consequences).

Once people understand who wants what, it makes it easier to understand what is actually going on.

And how we ended up around that camp fire telling the stories how we used to have civilization and society.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SasaS said:

There is a fundamental difference though in strategic positions, Iran is an exporter of shit, where Israel is primarily interested in its own safety (and will do what it thinks it takes to achieve it, no matter who is in their way or the consequences).

Once people understand who wants what, it makes it easier to understand what is actually going on.

And how we ended up around that camp fire telling the stories how we used to have civilization and society.

There is a fundamental lack in your understanding of Israel’s motives.

If Israel was “primarily interested in its own safety” then we’d have had peace in the Middle East at around 1970, if not earlier.

Here, help yourself and read this book if you really care about understanding motives:

2D4BFA62-FE18-4062-83F6-788C443CBA0A.jpeg

18 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Israel is primarily interested in its own safety (and will do what it thinks it takes to achieve it, no matter who is in their way or the consequences).

If that were true, which seems fanciful, presumably you must think their tactics are...not great.

"I'm going to prioritise my safety by being a massive fucking cunt to everyone"

• Upvote 2

There may be a slight misunderstanding of terms here, being primarily interested in your own safety does not preclude you from being a major cunt.

Israel is not an exporter of ideology, it has three main goals, it's own safety in a hostile geopolitical environment, winning and maintaining alliances with the most powerful nations and stabilizing and when possible expanding its own territory (as long it can maintain its reason d'etre, retaining a character of Jewish state).

Israel's position has so far been it must be feared to survive, it must retaliate in such a way that no one dares attack it again or conduct preemptive actions so it can avoid retaliation.

These are the basics. Now, is this the best approach, are their other strategies to be pursued, that is another discussion. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Israel  is not an exporter of ideology, it has three main goals, it's own safety in a hostile geopolitical environment, winning and maintaining alliances with the most powerful nations and stabilizing and when possible expanding its own territory (as long it can maintain its reason d'etre, retaining a character of Jewish state).

Expanding territory is a bit different to prioritizing your own safety. It requires a bit of ethnic cleansing and some genocidal activities. Read the book. It will help.

Yeah it’s like your kid coming home from school with a black eye so you bounce up there and boot shit out of every kid in his class, their mums and the teacher. As a warnin’ 

Isreal has a right to defend itself. Exactly the same as every other country. What it doesn’t have a right to do is slaughter thousands and thousands of innocents while still playing the victim card. People are conveniently forgetting that Israel have been doing this for years albeit on a much smaller scale. 

14 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

Expanding territory is a bit different to prioritizing your own safety. It requires a bit of ethnic cleansing and some genocidal activities. Read the book. It will help.

I don't think he's legitimising it as such, I read it as more a matter of fact analysing of how Israel may think when making decisions. Ps I think the author in your post has written some really good books on the topic.