You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand whats the problem with this is.

Almost every manager who wins the league will do this in his first 4 seasons with a club, there is nothing to discuss about that.

This is it, I don't know why it is so difficult to accept.

Most managers that win the league in their first 4 seasons don't tend to be 30 points off the top when they take over.

Rashid, thank you for the explanation. Just one more subjective question if you don't mind. If we had adopted a 3 year timescale where each Liverpool manager has to win the league (since our last success), in your mind would we have achieved success by now?

Please try to share your thoughts in line with the constraints that the club has faced i.e. financing, ownership etc. Thanks

Holy moly. It isn’t about timescales, real, arbitrary or imagined, it isn’t how we’ve done in the past, how other teams have done in the past, 3 years, 4 years, 17 years, what Ferguson did, what Rijkaard did, what Mourinho did, what Howard fucking Wilson did. It isn’t about statistics in anyway shape or form.

It’s about opinions pure and simple.

It’s whether you think Rafa is doing a good job, improving us and will get us in a position to win trophies, including the league.

Rash (and others) don’t think Rafa has what it takes, so mould various statistics to suit their view.

Others think he’s doing a good job, and do likewise.

Can we just leave the bogus statistics and facts out of it and not skirt around the real issues?

Rashid, thank you for the explanation. Just one more subjective question if you don't mind. If we had adopted a 3 year timescale where each Liverpool manager has to win the league (since our last success), in your mind would we have achieved success by now?

Please try to share your thoughts in line with the constraints that the club has faced i.e. financing, ownership etc. Thanks

Where did I say they had to WIN it? I want any manager of LFC to "challenge" for the title, and definitely do so within the first 3 or 4 years.

Of course there should be a timescale - time = money. Plus looking at the time shows we have shown paitience and given a manager a chance. I think it is telling that Rafa hasn't been offered a new contract despite him asking for one in April.

Rashid, you don't think us having shithouse owners has anything to do with Rafa not getting a new contract? Especially seeing as they were going to sack him before Christmas.

He doesn't deserve a new contract when he has two years to run on the current one... he hasn't won anything for 2 years and has never challenged for the league. I expect better at LFC especially with the money he has spent more recently...