You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Not the only sticky sunroof you lubricated that night I’d say.

You'd think, but Mrs Niallers, being a woman person,is unaware of the difficulty of those mechanical fixes and as such wasn't the least bit impressed, even though I was being badgered for weeks to get it sorted as she has the car all the time ,as I cycle to work.

Fucking squaws!

• 2 months later...

Last night the neighbor came over to say that the car in our drive had the brakelights still on, despite being off and without a key.

Go outside, sure enough, they weren't making it up. I thought I'd have to take it to the mechanic and pay an arm and a leg to sort it. But on a whim, I googled the problem and figured out it was the small plastic bushing that keeps the brake switch depressed that had broken. Popped off to the parts store, 5 quid later I had the bushing. Spent 10 minutes removing panels, getting it press-fit into place, and putting everything back the way it should be.

Very short job but felt like I had conquered the world when I was done!

• Upvote 4

I’m doing a new bathroom. It was the one room in the house most in need of bringing up to date in style when I bought the house 8 or 9 years ago.

Money, separation, divorce, lockdowns and other things have meant I never did, but now I am.

I started whacking the tiles off when I was sad and angry earlier in the year - that’s how and why I began my stair banister project at the start of lockdown too - but I really started to progress things about 3 weeks ago when I removed the shower. Last week the bath went too.

final job of phase 1 is removing these stubborn as fuck floor tiles.

new bathroom is ordered, and arrives in 2 weeks, by when I need to have done all the plastering and tiling. 

it’s taking me forever, to be honest, and I sort of wish I’d never started.

E6B34D25-8013-451C-BA0C-19DB360CCD84.jpeg

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

We've been getting our bathroom done ( I did the rip out but am not competent enough for any of the installation ) and I share your pain. Our local store, Booths has been renamed Pooths as it has been our go-to loo for a fortnight.

My toilet is a separate room, plus one downstairs, which is possibly why it’s still ongoing!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I’m fitting a new bathroom. I started months ago. I’ve not had a working shower in the house for 3 months. The bath went 2 months ago. I’ve been showering at my parents, my girlfriends, or at work.

and for a long while I was only ever going backwards. Destruction. Removal. Further and further from a working bathroom.

about 3 weeks ago that crossed over to be more positive. Construction. Installation. Closer and closer to a working bathroom.

Right now, within the last 10 minutes, I got the bath trap to hold water with no leaks. At the third time of asking.

now I can start tiling. 

im fucking knackered.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I’m fitting a new bathroom. I started months ago. I’ve not had a working shower in the house for 3 months. The bath went 2 months ago. I’ve been showering at my parents, my girlfriends, or at work.

and for a long while I was only ever going backwards. Destruction. Removal. Further and further from a working bathroom.

about 3 weeks ago that crossed over to be more positive. Construction. Installation. Closer and closer to a working bathroom.

Right now, within the last 10 minutes, I got the bath trap to hold water with no leaks. At the third time of asking.

now I can start tiling. 

im fucking knackered.

Thinking of doing similar. I've had one bath since getting this place and I don't fit (fat bastard) Rip it out but can't do an over the taps shower so thinking of a self contained cubicle. You look into that?

On 15/06/2023 at 09:17, sir roger said:

We've been getting our bathroom done ( I did the rip out but am not competent enough for any of the installation ) and I share your pain. Our local store, Booths has been renamed Pooths as it has been our go-to loo for a fortnight.

Booths rep.

• Upvote 2

Have I fuck got a bath trap that doesn’t leak. I’ve got one that oboe leaks a bit and leaks slowly. Fucks sake.

just launched another £200 at b&q as well for stuff I didn’t know I needed until today.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Running water in the bathroom for the first time in eons.

the shower/bath controls now work.

only some of the pipe work leaks.

shower screen the latest “it’d be a lot fucking easier if you wrote the occasional words alongside your hieroglyphics” part of the project.

I go off on holiday Wednesday, so progress will stall, but I’ll be able to have a shower at home to tonight and that felt a long way off even this time last week, so I’m pleased with the sudden progress.

DAA0CB16-A515-4504-9234-6F6F8231D96B.jpeg

• Upvote 2