You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Walk on!

Guest heropsychodreamer

Guest heropsychodreamer

After the typical derby opening twenty minutes where muscles outshone flair, Liverpool took control, and it was easy too see that we`re far superior to Everton when it comes to football.

In the early moments Diouf was very important, because he was the one who dared to keep hold on the ball, and try to create things, but slowly Smicer and Kewell grew into the game. Gerrard also had a slow start with some sloppy passing, but he raised his game and in the end had the look and energy only Gerrard can produce.

A special mention must go out to Biscan who played a terrific game. The tackle from behind when Radzinsky was clean through had Henchoz written all over it. Very much like the Henchoz tackle on Marlet a couple of seasons ago. Magic. When it comes to Carragher`s second half im lost for words! Dudek also had many match winning saves, and Owen scored a couple of very good goals, so i think this was the very definition on a team effort. Its been a long time since so many players deserve a special mention, and may it long continue!

It was a huge step in the right direction.

in tactics

in movement

in desire

in finishing

My player ratings

Dudek 9... Faultless, on another day he would have been MOM, but this was a special day and a special performance!

Finnan 7.. I really like the look of Finnan. The way he invites a one-two, goes on the run and drag a couple of defenders with him to create space.

Biscan 8... He clearly is a defender. And we need a ball playing defender if we will keep on playing attacking football. No matter how much i love Henchoz, we can`t drop Biscan after a performance like this!

Hyypia 7.. A good game, but some sloppy passing, and how he fell asleep at the end, nearly allowing Rooney through behind his back was the negative sides.

Carragher 10... Im lost for words. He played a game to 8, but gets two bones points for sheer will and an amazing attitude in the second half. I have never seen him this good! With the attacking play today he could consentrate on balancing the team and defend! And when it comes to defending, there is no one better!

Diouf 8... Seems like Diouf is getting there. Not everything comes off, but his unpredictability is very important.

Gerrard 8... A bit sloppy early on, but got better as the game went on. Maybe the knock on wednesday held him back, but even a Gerrard at 80 % is better than most players!

Smicer 7... He struggled a bit early on, but got stuck in more than in the past, and even had a couple of important tackles tracking back. Almost scored early in the second half. Have a feeling that Kewell and Smicer will hit it off together!

Kewell 8... Drifted in and out of the game, but what he did eas very good. Created the first, scored the third, and was more direct than at Villa. To score in his first derby must have done his confidence really good!

Baros 7... Silent in the first half, but his role in the second goal shows what he can do. Deserves to stay in the team, cos he will be better when he gets a few games under his belt!

Owen 8... At last Owen woke up. 2 good goals, and couls easily have added a third. Ran the line better and was more in the danger zone, helped by much better team play!

subs...

Heskey 7...Direct running, strong on the ball. But feel he should stay behind Baros at the moment, but looken hungry when he came on!

Murphy...5 What is it about Murphy... Bad first touch. Looks a little lost at the moment. Worked hard though, and deserve credit for that.

Riise... Only played 4 minutes.

Damn, this felt good! We needed this!

walk on!!

:)

[%sig%]

Guest heropsychodreamer

It was`nt meant to be moaning. But when i rate a player, i have to look at what he did. Those who knows me kjnow i am a big fan of Danny, i it was just a little concern because he doesnt look good at the moment. But in fairness i gave him credit for his workrate.

And in a long post where 99,9 % was very positive, you pick out the tiny little bit thats negative.....

Guess its good to have someone (me) to slag off, when you can`t slag off any of the players!

:o)

Walk on!!

[%sig%]

Dudek-Accident waiting to happen-5

Finnan-Quality-10

Carragher-Great defender dodgy footballer-8

Biscan-Good style, not so sure about the quality-8

Hyypia- Good game-8

Gerrard-Quality despite being played out of position-10

Smicer-Neat and tidy-6

Kewell-Quality-10

Diouf-Good skills-8

Baros-Solid game-7

Owen-Drop him, sell him? There is No such thing as Form-10

[%sig%]

Post Edited (08-30-03 18:02)

Guest Huyton hammer

rhinosaur wrote:

> Dudek-Accident waiting to happen-5

What are you on????

Dudek was class today, I guess you are a fan of Kirkland..

[%sig%]